Will 1.3 And Transfers Save SWTOR?

TinyTC

whats even sadder?

I play kotor1 and 2 with swtor minimized so i can just just farm creds so when 1.3 comes out i can afford the xp boost perks for all of the classes i havent done the story for yet.

because kotor1-2 are ****in epic games, swtor not so much. I try to grind dailies and warzones and stuff for credits but id rather cut my own eyes out.

Edited by EATtheDEAD

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong, WoW NEVER merged servers... If you knew your facts, you might actually be able to make an argument!

Battle groups. and cross server lfd. and then cross server raids. what's the difference except you cant quest or talk to anyone... are you just saying it because its sortof almost technically true?

they should have merged servers. they didnt in order to save face and so Trolls (of the darkspear subset) could try out other MMO's and say things like "well WoW doesnt neeeeeed to merge servers so pppbbbtttthhhhh"

If you knew "enough" about business then you wouldn't be claiming that peak subscriptions have been reached after only 6 months. The game is new. It took years for WoW to get where it's at now and there are still markets that SWTOR hasn't penetrated yet (China, for example). Servers look dead but it's only because there were so many to begin with. The initial server push had something like 140 servers. That's insane, especially for a new MMO. Right now they're running at around 215, which is WAY too many. WoW only has about 500, but most of those are dead servers and they actually have the population to support that many.

That is an extremely small minority of people. Out of all the people playing how many of them only play because it's Star Wars and not because of any other reason. And out of those how many will play even if the game isn't fun? You're trying to wave away 1.5 million subscriptions by saying that "oh, there's always these people that will stay just because it's Star Wars." That's crap. People play because the game is fun. If it's not fun for you, fine, don't play. If it is fun for you, then why are you complaining on the forums? Are you frightened that other people don't think it's fun? That 1.5 million subscribers are just a bunch of idiots that wouldn't know fun if they got run over by it? Even people playing Galaxies didn't think that way...most of those people enjoyed Galaxies because it was Star Wars but also because that sort of sandbox style MMO wasn't really available elsewhere.

No one ever said that it's in perfect shape or that it's completely ideal. That's not the point. The point is there's a big difference between "needs improvement" and "this game needs to be saved from its certain demise." Further, there isn't any indication that Bioware is not going to make future changes or that they won't implement stuff the community wants or that they are suddenly going to have a massive drop in developers because they aren't making enough money. SWTOR had 1 million subscribers on DAY 1. WoW wished it could have had those numbers in its wildest dreams.

Well I suppose you have an MBA in MMO? Your insistance to talk about the "business" of TOR is a moot point unless you are a chair member of the board or directors or an accountant for EA.

Get over citing WoW had time to build its members, and that it is available in China. WoW did not come with a separate entity IP like this game- who knows what restrictions are on the star wars IP and its distribution.

In case you were unaware, there already was a very sizable layoff to the development team of TOR. And the reported player numbers are already less than 1.5 million- it was reported some time ago, and certainly since then the numbers have further decreased. They started discussing telemetry, and how it is difficult to know how many people are subscribed to the game- im not being facetious. Those were actual "business" reports (from SWTOR employees), the kind that you seem to really like- I will link you to the articles if you do not believe.

lets just get these threads out of the way shall we?

"Will 1.4 save SWTOR?"

"Will 1.5 save SWTOR?"

"Will 1.6 save SWTOR?"

"Will the expansion save SWTOR?!?"

"Will 2.1 save SWTOR?"

"Will 2.2 save SWTOR?"

"Will 2.3 save SWTOR?"

"Will 2.4 save SWTOR?"

"Will 2.5 save SWTOR?"

That should cover us for the next couple of years. can we please stop making these threads now?

Love it.

Battle groups. and cross server lfd. and then cross server raids. what's the difference except you cant quest or talk to anyone... are you just saying it because its sortof almost technically true?

they should have merged servers. they didnt in order to save face and so Trolls (of the darkspear subset) could try out other MMO's and say things like "well WoW doesnt neeeeeed to merge servers so pppbbbtttthhhhh"

Actualy havnt they removed battlegroups and just made it regional, and they have done a massive merge, and i mean HUGE in china asia and there still doing it right now.

For the record wow DOES need to merge servers. The problem is they keep implementing cross realm band aid features to fix that problem.

Actualy havnt they removed battlegroups and just made it regional, and they have done a massive merge, and i mean HUGE in china asia and there still doing it right now.

I mostly intended that list to be in order of the way it was released.

Yeah I did here something about them switching to regional, I did not hear about the merges in China though.

I personally dont see merges as the big doomsday red flag most people do though. Computers get better, Bandwith gets faster. the engine running the game gets easier to run, and while content keeps things feeling fresh. It should over time be easier for companies to host servers, meaning that they can over time make the MMO more massively multiplayer.

Well I suppose you have an MBA in MMO? Your insistance to talk about the "business" of TOR is a moot point unless you are a chair member of the board or directors or an accountant for EA.

Get over citing WoW had time to build its members, and that it is available in China. WoW did not come with a separate entity IP like this game- who knows what restrictions are on the star wars IP and its distribution.

In case you were unaware, there already was a very sizable layoff to the development team of TOR. And the reported player numbers are already less than 1.5 million- it was reported some time ago, and certainly since then the numbers have further decreased. They started discussing telemetry, and how it is difficult to know how many people are subscribed to the game- im not being facetious. Those were actual "business" reports (from SWTOR employees), the kind that you seem to really like- I will link you to the articles if you do not believe.

I have a question in regards to the issue of laying off TOR team members. If it takes 2k people to code, design and implement these aspects into a game, how many do you need to maintain and produce additional features to the game now that 99% of the foundation has already been established. Do you need the entire 2k employees to stay on staff to implement the smaller new features that only add to what has already been established or is a smaller more detailed team a better fit financially for maintaining the future of TOR? If you have 50 people who build a house, do you need all 50 people to stay and maintain the house and later add a smaller room here and there or do you only need a few of the original members to do the above?

All I am saying, letting go members of the original dev team does not mean the game's future is in jeopardy, it only means they were overstaffed and the high numbers were redundant.

I mostly intended that list to be in order of the way it was released.

Yeah I did here something about them switching to regional, I did not hear about the merges in China though.

I personally dont see merges as the big doomsday red flag most people do though. Computers get better, Bandwith gets faster. the engine running the game gets easier to run, and while content keeps things feeling fresh. It should over time be easier for companies to host servers, meaning that they can over time make the MMO more massively multiplayer.

From what i can tell and its truly a horrible translation they are merging dead servers, lots of dead servers. might sound alot like here i know but the main difference between there and here is this place opened up way to many servers, you could tell that after a solid month where as wows biggest playerbase, think it was 4.9 mil last official numbers, if they are loosing those players its not a good sign for wow and might be the reason why vivienda are considering ditching wow/activision.

Edited by Shingara

Hello!

Since this topic is already discussed in another thread, we'll be closing this one in order to consolidate discussion. We encourage you to join the existing discussion here:

Will you resubscribe to SWTOR after 1.3?

Thanks!