Is WarHero really that good?

LordZym

So i just got war-hero boots on my alt scoundrel and my damage output from back blast and Shoot first dropped significantly and i'm now soo squishy its unbelievable. Is this because i only have 1 piece and can't feel the full effect of enough surge or is it because it sucks.

Keep in mind your targets, crit chance, and power, along with that surge. With optimal stats, you're still only going to crit for no more than 2kish on a Powertech, but 4900s against Sages and DPS assassins still happen consistently for me.

My biggest hit in wz's is about 4.5k or around there for most of my games.

WH gear, and the enforcer set in general are dripping with Crit, and accuracy. Dropping a bunch of accuracy and crit mods for ones that have power, will start to pick that number up substantially.

Im currently in step 3 of my buildout.

Step 1: get fully decked out in WH gear

Step 2: get augment slots, and fill them with the power mods.

Step 3: Replace all crit/accuracy mods with power mods.

Highest hit I have ever attained was on a BH I hit for 6047 with Shoot first, adrenal, and relic were popped. He must of been in level 40 pve gear and no points in damage redux is what Im thinking.

I calculated it out on a guide I put up a while back, and I think the highest you could ever hit with a scrapper, is about 6700, with all your mods swapped out for power(or power/surge), and your sporting the best power relic and adrenal.

Well this is the thing i augmented full bm tech. Which i implemented power, surge and alac augs. I found mixing them with healer implants n relay uped the crit rating. Most hits crited and handy against guarded players as you can't negate crits.

Well this is the thing i augmented full bm tech. Which i implemented power, surge and alac augs. I found mixing them with healer implants n relay uped the crit rating. Most hits crited and handy against guarded players as you can't negate crits.

...you use alacrity mods? And I've never heard that guard doesn't negate crits (though it technically doesn't negate anything, just splits damage).

...you use alacrity mods? And I've never heard that guard doesn't negate crits (though it technically doesn't negate anything, just splits damage).

Crit hits take the damage done to your actual target and divide it amoung the gaurded person, and the tank gaurding. Non crits on a gaurded person treat it as if you were attacking the tank(defensive rolls), and take the damage done to the tank(thus usually mitigated better due to class defensive stats), and splits it between the two.

I have had backblast hit for 600 on both the tank and gaurded sorc healer before when it doesnt crit. Its like throwing a tennis-ball at a Abrams, you essentially have to crit, or just give up and try when theres someone to help you.

This is also why some people think gaurd is just fine, and others think its OP. Sometimes you just get a good string of crits, and do some hefty damage to both the tank and healer, and others its like banging your head against a brick wall.

Edited by Haystak

Explained perfectly by haystack cheers bro. I know you guard can't block or re direct force attacks and is it tech attacks like freighter fly by. Hence sages are great at taking down a guarded ball carrier in huttball.

I put in alacrity because i tend to switch been two hybrid specs which allows me to heal in certain situations if required for example topping up the ball handler or when i stun someone i hide heal up and hold them off long enough to stop node cap to allow the rest of the team to get their in time.

Edited by LordZym

My biggest hit in wz's is about 4.5k or around there for most of my games.

WH gear, and the enforcer set in general are dripping with Crit, and accuracy. Dropping a bunch of accuracy and crit mods for ones that have power, will start to pick that number up substantially.

Im currently in step 3 of my buildout.

Step 1: get fully decked out in WH gear

Step 2: get augment slots, and fill them with the power mods.

Step 3: Replace all crit/accuracy mods with power mods.

Highest hit I have ever attained was on a BH I hit for 6047 with Shoot first, adrenal, and relic were popped. He must of been in level 40 pve gear and no points in damage redux is what Im thinking.

I calculated it out on a guide I put up a while back, and I think the highest you could ever hit with a scrapper, is about 6700, with all your mods swapped out for power(or power/surge), and your sporting the best power relic and adrenal.

I was going to go with cunning/endurance augments. Can you explain to me which is better?

I was going to go with cunning/endurance augments. Can you explain to me which is better?

Due to a low crit soft cap, and that most gear sets come with enough crit, and surge to reach those soft caps, most people will put the overkill augments(power/endurance) in them.

Your not gimping yourself by having the cunning augs in unless your above soft cap. The overall difference in stats value is negligible if your not sitting above the soft-cap.

Most players will say to always go for power as its never the "wrong" choice. With a class that relies on getting your enemy down quickly and moving on, your going to want to maximize the damage of Shoot First, Backblast, and Sabotage charge.

Crit goes a long way until you get above 50% crit chance, on your three hardest hitting abilities, at which point its value, "point for point" goes down substantially. With the soft cap being at around 40% with the smuggler buff combined with the set bonus's and talent increases it doesnt take much to reach 50%.

Ok thanks Haystak. Well i'd really like to have a few minutes of your time to give you my current stats and such/get some quick advice, but I don't want to lose you on the forums here. Do you have mumble/vent/teamspeak so I could borrow a few minutes of your time?

I bought all the War Hero Enforcers gear but the implants, bracers, and weapon so far. Here is a screenshot of some of my stats. Need to figure out if I need power/end or cunning/end augments so I can start making them finally:) I had planned on the cunning/end ones but whichever is better I will use

http://s1255.photobucket.com/albums/hh632/HB_Miller/?action=view&current=Screenshot_2012-06-16_10_25_28_666190.jpg

Crit hits take the damage done to your actual target and divide it amoung the gaurded person, and the tank gaurding. Non crits on a gaurded person treat it as if you were attacking the tank(defensive rolls), and take the damage done to the tank(thus usually mitigated better due to class defensive stats), and splits it between the two.

I have had backblast hit for 600 on both the tank and gaurded sorc healer before when it doesnt crit. Its like throwing a tennis-ball at a Abrams, you essentially have to crit, or just give up and try when theres someone to help you.

This is also why some people think gaurd is just fine, and others think its OP. Sometimes you just get a good string of crits, and do some hefty damage to both the tank and healer, and others its like banging your head against a brick wall.

That explains SO much.

Personally, I say Power augments is the better choice, but you really don't go wrong with either.

Power gives more bonus damage per point than Cunning, but Cunning gives some critical chance. While crit chance is important, overall I say more damage is better. You get more consistent DPS, which is something our class sorely lacks.

You could always go for a mix of the two.

I'd go for the cunning/endurance augments myself, because I have done so and I don't see any drawbacks. It helps get those little bit more crit points so that you can forego the nerfed 3-point crit boost talent in Dirty Fighting, which I think is quite a valuable investment. The damage difference between cunning and power point-for-point when you include the consular buff is literally 0.21 vs 0.22 Cunning vs Power, so the crit help makes Cunning my favorite. For Mods always go with the +30-something power ones though, because you're trading up 20-something points of Power for around 9-10 points of Cunning per mod. I have also left the PvE Armorings in my two-piece Columi with the Mods and Enhancements being optimized power/surge Battlemaster mods, same for the rest of the gear. The left side of my gear sheet is full War Hero with pretty much all Crit/Surge secondary stats (not that there's much choice there tbh) and fully buffed I currently sit at (off the top of my head estimates from last night's check after getting my augmented pistol) 1727 Cunning, ~450 Power, ~75% Surge, ~35% crit rating and ~1100 Expertise which I think is beautifully balanced. There's really no more optimizing wiggle room left until I get an augment slot on my Shotgun and make the tiny, costly upgrades like going from Battlemaster Belt to War Hero Belt for a net gain of 3 Cunning, 10 Expertise and 1 Power at the cost of 1450 Ranked Comms.