Why can't there be a play for fun WZ?

dkangl

I get tired of the medals the goals etc in all the WZ's... I would love to have a WZ that was simple a play to have fun match.

Something that 1: there was no real winner or loser OR 2: a match that whoever had the most kills in the alloted time wins.

Get tired of people telling me what to do all the time when all I want to do is have fun killing who I want when I want and where I want.

If you want to PvP without a reward for the risk,where gear isn't a factor then duel someone in PVE gear.

I suspect that a WZ that awarded no medals,comms or anything for competing in it would be wildy unpopular. A WZ where the person with the most kills in the allotted time would only be represented by dps classes, as healers and tanks would have no hope of winning. Then you'd either have to leave the tanks and healers out or give them their own WZ where the most healing or protection done in the allotted time wins,which would be the most boring matches in PVP history.

So, you want to zerg and tunnel vision ppl, but get upset because u lose the WZ while you do xxxxxxxxxxx damage? /lol

What? No obligatory comment about how people who backpedal are bad players this time Dmasterr? Even though you berated this player like you normally do, you still managed to stay on this threads topic so I give your trolling on this thread a D- sir.

So, you want to zerg and tunnel vision ppl, but get upset because u lose the WZ while you do xxxxxxxxxxx damage? /lol

You need reading comprehension classes because nowhere did I imply or state that I get mad when we lose..... Losing is part of life and you can't learn if you do not lose. I just was stating a free for all type WZ that had no nodes to capture/protect and no ball to score with that is all, but thank you for making yourself look like a douche bag.

PS: Do you even play the game? Because it seems you troll the forums much much much more than you play the game, cause your like in almost every thread..

Edited by dkangl

I wish that was there so people would stop q for warzones.

That which described is not a warzone.

Warzones have stated objectives and rewards for achieving that goal and that is why they are there.

If you want an arena or something get people to tatooine that is what it is for. That way people like me who play for objectives in warzones dont get angry.

You need reading comprehension classes because nowhere did I imply or state that I get mad when we lose..... Losing is part of life and you can't learn if you do not lose. I just was stating a free for all type WZ that had no nodes to capture/protect and no ball to score with that is all, but thank you for making yourself look like a douche bag.

PS: Do you even play the game? Because it seems you troll the forums much much much more than you play the game, cause your like in almost every thread..

Meh,thats Dmasterr for you. If you see yellow text in the PvP forums it will most likely involve some version of L2play noob or trolling. Just ignore it.

Edited by Temeluchus

If you want to PvP just for fun then you should get a friend or group of friends to roam the worlds looking to pick fights with the opposite faction. You won't gain anything out of it but you can choose to handle the situation anyway you like; be mean and not let them do their quests, or be nice and only decide to fight them fairly (wait for them to finish their mobs). If you have never tried open world PvP you will find out that it can be a lot of fun, and there are no pressure situations that you find in warzones. Edited by DimeStax

Well your original post did state you didnt want any winners or losers, which you have to admit, sounds like a very carebear thing to say.

And if people are telling you what to do all the time, you are probably doing something wrong, so he assumed you were losing and being bad.

annnnd, its 3pm est, most people are at work, where video games are banned, but not the forums :)

Meh,thats Dmasterr for you. If you see yellow text in the PvP forums it will most likely involve some version of L2play noob or trolling. Just ignore it.

Yes because telling people that they need to learn to play before they whine is such a crime.

Sounds like you need to head to Ilum and bug people doing dailies. What you described is not a WZ.

Right. That is something I enjoyed immensely about Ilum. There was pressure to do well for your faction, but most of it was just fun.

I am incredibly sad that it's taken Bioware this long to fix it up and re-release Ilum. . .and from that trailer at e3, it doesn't sound like it's coming this year AT ALL :(

Come on Bioware, remove the armaments, and add another daily or weekly to Ilum for player kills. Most people will go there to help themselves gear up, and that makes it even better for the people who actually wanna be out there for the duels(because there's actually people there! xD)

Yes because telling people that they need to learn to play before they whine is such a crime.

I didn't say it was a crime or not,and yes I detect your sarcasm. I simply stated that Dmasterr is known for showing up and tossing out comments that rarely are helpful are more along the "elitist" lines. I then gave the OP advice to ignore Dmasterr,since it appeared to bother him. Hope you followed the bouncing red ball enough to figure that out now,carry on.

I was actually thinking something along the lines of this today as I was wandering Hutta. A whole planet where people could go and murder to their heart's content that has buildings to hide in and such. One of the problems with Ilum is that it's pretty huge to just run around gutting people. But if there was a scaled down planet/town to just hang out and gank people, that would be pretty neat.

I wish that was there so people would stop q for warzones.

That which described is not a warzone.

Warzones have stated objectives and rewards for achieving that goal and that is why they are there.

If you want an arena or something get people to tatooine that is what it is for. That way people like me who play for objectives in warzones dont get angry.

Since when is "kill more enemies than the other team" not an objective? Once they add the ability to pick your warzones I see nothing wrong with a zerg warzone where the objective is purely to beat the crap out of the other team.

Edited by dcgregorya

Since when is "kill more enemies than the other team" not an objective? Once they add the ability to pick your warzones I see nothing wrong with a zerg warzone where the objective is purely to beat the crap out of the other team.

Good edit. Before you added the last sentence, I thought I was going to have to explain how mindlessly killing the enemy can actually be counter-productive to accomplishing the win conditions of a WZ.