PvE Stat Prioritization Questions

Acento

My guild finally has EC HM on farm status, so the campaign gear is finally opening up to me. However, I can't help but feel as if some of the stat upgrades are irrelevant or make no sense. It's difficult to look at the "big picture" of what stats would be with full campaign gear, but just running some rough numbers, it seems like I'm left with an abundance of unnecessary crit and surge, and a dreadful lack of power.

So, would someone mind outlining what ratings I should be striving for? I think I can figure out how to piece it all together, but from everything I've heard, just using stock campaign gear is going to negatively affect my DPS, especially if I'm only acquiring it piece by piece.

As it stands right now, fully buffed I'm at 103.5% Accuracy, 35% Crit, 72% Surge, with 2026 Aim and 586 power. I augment all my gear with Power augments. As far as I can tell, there's some items where Rakata is better (specifically the Belt and Implants, even the MK-3 ones...), which contributes a lot to my confusion

I've stumbled across that guide before...unfortunately in some of the later posts, a flame war ignited that kind of shook my confidence in the accuracy of the OP's guide...does anyone familiar with that guide have anything to say pertaining to its validity?

My guild finally has EC HM on farm status, so the campaign gear is finally opening up to me. However, I can't help but feel as if some of the stat upgrades are irrelevant or make no sense. It's difficult to look at the "big picture" of what stats would be with full campaign gear, but just running some rough numbers, it seems like I'm left with an abundance of unnecessary crit and surge, and a dreadful lack of power.

So, would someone mind outlining what ratings I should be striving for? I think I can figure out how to piece it all together, but from everything I've heard, just using stock campaign gear is going to negatively affect my DPS, especially if I'm only acquiring it piece by piece.

As it stands right now, fully buffed I'm at 103.5% Accuracy, 35% Crit, 72% Surge, with 2026 Aim and 586 power. I augment all my gear with Power augments. As far as I can tell, there's some items where Rakata is better (specifically the Belt and Implants, even the MK-3 ones...), which contributes a lot to my confusion

this may not help you, just my philosophy on my Merc.

once i'm 101% accuracy (never below 100.5%), i try to keep a balance on all my stats...stacking 18Aim/12End augments.

Aim because it effects every BH stat...sure, i may get more POWER, out of POWER...but i do not get crit, too. i do with aim.

and deciding a piece of gear ot mod...it's a gain vs. loss for me. i will not lose 3% crit to gain 2% surge and 20 power...that is, if my crit were 30-ish...that's too steep. if i were at 40% crit(just examples) i probably would swap...just for the OVERALL gain.

i've used ACT on training dummies, swapped gear, specs, mods...spend a mil or so. in the end, i went with what was balanced, and really what felt better. obviously, if it "felt" better and was 500 dps low...not so much..

again, my philosophy, i do ideal runs on training dummies, and timed moving, station to station, and >25m <10m fights...

and i go with what is more consistant of all them. (i pvp more than end game pve, but, i'm well versed at Ops and HM's)

balance for me works really well.

I've stumbled across that guide before...unfortunately in some of the later posts, a flame war ignited that kind of shook my confidence in the accuracy of the OP's guide...does anyone familiar with that guide have anything to say pertaining to its validity?

people being mad and bad. Aerro posts good information.

Don't use stock campaign gear, strip the best mods you can get a hold of and augment it all in 1.3.

Gear up for 1.3 changes you'll want as much Aim as you can get (Aim is the best), about 600 power, 200 crit, 250 surge, 290 accuracy, and a small amount of alacrity (one enhancement will give you 57 alacrity).

Edit: Actually that's a bit misleading, you're not so much looking to maximize Aim on your Black Hole/Campaign gear as minimize Endurance. Look for Armorings with 49 Endurance, Mods with 32 Endurance and Enhancements with 27 Endurance because those will give you the least amount of Endurance and the largest amount of DPS stats.

Edited by acnoj

Well hello.

Anyways, I try to stay ~35% crit (as in AT or ABOVE that amount, never below). You want to aim for 75% surge rating, since the value of surge greatly depreciates because of DRs. We are trying to maximize stats readily available to us.

You also want to be as close to 100% accuracy as possible (while running the Alacrity build). Again, you do not want to fall below that amount. I, unfortunately, am running at 99.8% accuracy, but that is because I am waiting for 1.3 so I can push it to 100.33%.

Regardless, grabbing those base values and then stacking pure Power afterwards will give you your maximum DPS output.

To simplify things: When boosting your Accuracy- use Acc/Power enhancements. When boosting your Surge, use Power/Surge enhancements.

I actually kept my MH Campaign weapon stock for all of that crit since that alone represents +123 crit rating.

Also... just to simplify things. Grab the Black Hole legs and then every other 4pc of Campaign. If you have any other questions (if you trust my judgement), don't be afraid to PM me or ask in my thread. I could literally give you a copy of my characters' gearing preferences in order to obtain these stats with JUST a stim on... UNBUFFED:

Aim: 2132

Accuracy: 99.89%

Crit: 31.05%

Surge: 74.82%

Power: 763

In 1.3 those stats do change after fooling around with things on the PTS.

Edited by Aerro