Character Transfers Have Renewed My Love For TOR.

ProfessorWalsh

yeah just for the fact that i am seeing 2 instances of the fleet on The Bastion , is enough to validate my love for this game , and the urgent need for server transfers ala mergers....

there was nothing about this game that was going to make me unsub anyways.. the swiftsure spoiled me with great que times anyways..

Earnest, you are mistaken. For weeks I was logging in and playing when we had only 3 Warzones. I would log in do the same three over and over again and not once was I bored. The game only started to suck once the queues started taking hours and then we were facing 5 to 8 matches against imp premades.

I don't know how many games are on your computer, but when weeks turn to months (like is has for me) then the same old/same old become "same" and "OLD". Other games, like Guild Wars 2 (HAPPILY on my computer at this moment along with several others) will highlight the "same and OLD" of popping the same warzones over and over. I want this to get better as SWTOR is a fun game but the WvWvW of GW2 will show the glaring deficiencies of the current Bioware formula. When given the choice, I think the PvP of GW2 will be the one I choose over playing in my War Hero shod smuggler.

Open world is only for casual fun when you need a change of pace. I dont think anyone actually cares about open world that much. And if they do, they are long gone from SWTOR.

They will care when they see the seige warfare of GW2. And I bet they leave after they actually experience it. Vids on Youtube just show an epic level of PvP that VS, Novare, Alderaan, and Huttball just cannot duplicate.

I actually pre-purchased Guild Wars 2 specifically for ORvR PvP because I was anticipating playing it in between SWTOR content, but apparently they have at least a few more months, if not till the end of the year before they release their game. If SWTOR is able to release good, unadulterated, Open-World PvP content around the same time as Guild Wars 2 releases and manages to keep populations high on their servers; Guild Wars 2 will have some serious competition.

But at the moment GW2 has no competition from SWTOR in that respect. Open world PvP with no objectives is not a viable PvP experience and the only thing that keeps GW2 from killing SW is that it isn't live yet. I think that if GW2 went live today we would see AT LEAST 25% reduction in SW players and perhaps the same people would unsub also. NO sub fee! That alone is huge. I just don't see how ranked warzones will put life into what we have at the moment.

I don't know how many games are on your computer, but when weeks turn to months (like is has for me) then the same old/same old become "same" and "OLD". Other games, like Guild Wars 2 (HAPPILY on my computer at this moment along with several others) will highlight the "same and OLD" of popping the same warzones over and over. I want this to get better as SWTOR is a fun game but the WvWvW of GW2 will show the glaring deficiencies of the current Bioware formula. When given the choice, I think the PvP of GW2 will be the one I choose over playing in my War Hero shod smuggler.

They will care when they see the seige warfare of GW2. And I bet they leave after they actually experience it. Vids on Youtube just show an epic level of PvP that VS, Novare, Alderaan, and Huttball just cannot duplicate.

But at the moment GW2 has no competition from SWTOR in that respect. Open world PvP with no objectives is not a viable PvP experience and the only thing that keeps GW2 from killing SW is that it isn't live yet. I think that if GW2 went live today we would see AT LEAST 25% reduction in SW players and perhaps the same people would unsub also. NO sub fee! That alone is huge. I just don't see how ranked warzones will put life into what we have at the moment.

I have pre-purchased GW2 and have beta tested it on beta test weekends and I think you are grossly over-estimating GW2. World PvP is certainly not something new, and GW2's system more or less imitates Warhammer Online's system. Yes, it's going to be a fun game and it has solid ORvR gameplay and that's what makes it fun. However, the game in general doesn't have nearly the depth that SWTOR has. From playing it, it seems that the only thing that may be fun in GW2 is leveling and ORvR PvP; I didn't like the end game PvE content or their Warzones nearly as much as I enjoy SWTORs. I plan on playing GW2 in between SWTOR content, for the ORvR, or simply for a change of pace, but now that Bioware has managed to fix server populations for the time being I think that GW2 will have some fierce competition when BW releases their newly remastered World PvP. I imagine BW will be prepared to release ORvR PvP by the time GW2 is released.

Edited by DimeStax

Good to know, I have only seen vids of GW2 but by that I surmise that most of what I find problematic in SW is different or better in GW2.

Like what? I can tell you from first hand experience how it is if you're interested.

My story about Character Transfers is:

My server name still hasn't been called out as a Source or Destination server at this point (Corellian Run). So basically unless we miraculously get made a Destination server, I am looking at changing all my toon names and my legacy name because everyone else has already moved on to my server.

I understand doing this in some sort of organized fashion but I have been birddogging the transfer list all week long waiting and waiting and we are four-five days into this and I am still clueless as to where we are going. Even some lead time to just organize getting everyone in the guild moved would be nice.

My story about Character Transfers is:

My server name still hasn't been called out as a Source or Destination server at this point (Corellian Run). So basically unless we miraculously get made a Destination server, I am looking at changing all my toon names and my legacy name because everyone else has already moved on to my server.

I understand doing this in some sort of organized fashion but I have been birddogging the transfer list all week long waiting and waiting and we are four-five days into this and I am still clueless as to where we are going. Even some lead time to just organize getting everyone in the guild moved would be nice.

I had to rename my characters (somehow my legacy name wasn't taken yet though). It sucks, but it's a minor detail for me because now I can actually play my main again between 7-8:30am (which is really the only time I get to play).

Prophesy of the Five Server last night -- After hovering around 20 even during peek times, the Imperial Fleet population was 280+ at 3 a.m. eastern/midnight pacific. PvP pops at midnight.

I can actually play the game now. Fantastic!!! I pray server pops will stabilize at a high level like this.

You sound like a grumpy *** old man.

It sure is a shame that enhancements and the addition of new features isn't part of today's software development. o.O

I'm so thankful that forums weren't so readily available to all the QQ Know-it-alls back in the day when most games were WYBIWYG (What You Bought Is What You Got)...

I gotta say the best part about these transfers is seeing all the other strategies people use in the warzones. It is also very satisfying when a premade from our guild ends up in a warzone with another guild premade and we end up cooperating perfectly. Already made a few friends with some of the good pvp guilds on bastion and looking forward to making more. Transfers definitely rekindled my love for the game though I never got to the point of actually leaving/unsubbing before the transfers.