So, How Many Names Did You Lose?

Thaed

Out of 13 characters across 2 accounts, I lost six character names and one legacy name. All of the lost ones were pretty common, so I wasn't shocked to see 'em gone... not crazy-happy, but not surprised.

Rather than get upset, I decided to treat it as a one time free name change, giving me a chance to be creative.

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I lost 1 so far and this was the one I dreaded losing.

I actually went ahead and created a toon with that name on all (!) English PVE servers the day they announced that transfers were coming in the future. All but one, where it was taken, and of course BioWare chose that one server as my destination.

The new name isn't half bad, but I had used my old name in all the MMOs I have played.

Oh man . . .

I lost 1, however that 1 happened to be my main, both his first and legacy name. So, while the server vitality is amazing now, I can't say that I"m totally happy with the transfer as a whole, but I think its better in the end...

Well I lost 1 so far and this was the one I dreaded losing.

I actually went ahead and created a toon with that name on all (!) English PVE servers the day they announced that transfers were coming in the future. All but one, where it was taken, and of course BioWare chose that one server as my destination.

The new name isn't half bad, but I had used my old name in all the MMOs I have played.

And some people don't believe in destiny, or fate.

I specificly logged in on the first moment of day 1 early start to make sure I got all the names I wanted, and was lucky enough to level and get the legacy name. Now your telling me too bad? I'm pissed. My remaining choices are stay on an empty server to keep the names I want or choose new names. It feels like the NGE all over again

QQ I lost all (4) names, legacy name and we lost our guild name as well...

Kind of frustrating, considering the chances are pretty high the names are used by people that unsubscribed and will never use them :'(

Edited by DarthIncy

My server has yet to be announced transfer destination but all looks towards PVE EU servers will be transfered to The Red Eclipse server aswell, so i went to reserve name and it was also taken :(

Its not that its hard to find a new name, but for me its been my nickname in every game ive played and to think someone else now will run around and ppl will think its me is kinda annoying :p

Heck even my account name is my nick, so i guess its time to get the creativity googles on :)

TheRealSteele hmm not bad not bad..

I didn't have t transfer so none :p. I love seeing the QQ from people who are getting a FREE transfer mind you, but are pissed about a silly name and thus are unsubbing. Quite ridiculous and childlike if you ask me.

very inconsiderate of you to say, a character name means alot to people. That and the fact that alot of people got early access just to get their names in and now have to lose it to a transfer which is entirely biowares fault

"Lost" 4 out of 7 names... Well, lost isn't really the word:

1) Two just needed a ´ about the e -> é. Now the name looks even better in my opinion (at least for one of those chars)

2) For the third I just replaced a S with a Z. From what my friends tell me, it looks even better now. (Funny, just recently I sked my friends if the name would look better if I would replace a letter...)

So I just lost one name, but that doesn't matter, the new name is just fine, too, and it was just my biochem smuggler (wo I use to create stims and medpacks for my other chars), anyway. =o

And at least I was able to keep the name of my main char and my legacy.

My sympathy for those that lost their names and weren't able to "regain" them with some tricking with accents. :(

Edited by Creror

very inconsiderate of you to say, a character name means alot to people. That and the fact that alot of people got early access just to get their names in and now have to lose it to a transfer which is entirely biowares fault

You're completely wrong. Well done for blaming Bioware for giving people what they wanted. The character transfers were an option. If one wanted to keep their name so bad, then they shouldn't have transfered. It's as simple as that. It's not inconsiderate, it's the truth. People need to grow up and learn to be appreciative.

/rant

You're completely wrong. Well done for blaming Bioware for giving people what they wanted. The character transfers were an option. If one wanted to keep their name so bad, then they shouldn't have transfered. It's as simple as that. It's not inconsiderate, it's the truth. People need to grow up and learn to be appreciative.

/rant

The transfers are not an option, before this year is over do you honestly believe the old servers will still exsist? No, they will not. When the lease is over they will be gone forever.

I don't know why we pay for this series of disappointments. Is it really worth it? I mean I like Star Wars and all, but it seems like I turn on the game each day just to find out how they somehow managed to reduce my experience even more each time.

If you enjoy PvP or Operations you have to do the transfer, so you have to give up your name (and you earned your legacy name by the way) or quit.

If names didn't matter we wouldn't have them.

Edited by NathanielStarr

I didn't lose a single name. And, if you were smart, you could have used the transfer as a free renaming service by making a new character on the destination server with the name of any character you had that you wanted to change its name.

Also, we were told to make a new Legacy name, even if ours hadn't been taken yet, so that was another plus.

The transfers are not an option, before this year is over do you honestly believe the old servers will still exsist? No, they will not. When the lease is over they will be gone forever.

QQ.

Would you rather have a name, or actually play with people? From launch there was much more active people then there are now. How were they to predict this? It's not BioWare's fault this time. Atleast you didn't have t make a whole new character.

I lost 7 names to transfers I got them during early access on lord adraas where bioware told me to go having signed up for preregistered guild. I figured since they put me on that server and I was there during early access I was safe from this kind of crap but apparently not. the transfer is killing servers so that people feel forced to move and then they lose names they care about or at least roleplayers seem to care about.