Resolve and the issues by Caeliux

Caeliux

Bioware's version of Resolve =

While a target’s Resolve bar is empty or filling up, that target can be CC’d

Once the target’s Resolve bar is full (>= 1000), the bar begins to drain and the target can’t be CC’d until the bar is empty.

Sounds simple right?

Um heck to the no, cause I have been FULL resolve and I am still geting force choked, sniper snared, and pushed back, not to mention Operative stunned while full white.

(Vice versa Republic mirrored classes)

Bottom line is this, Resolve don't work like it should and the system is glitched, games are being lost due to this stupid system they have put in play. I said this in beta last year and seen the same problem as I do now. Not to mention now we got Warhero damage and better players, and the issue of the resolve has got way worse.

Trust me when I say I get prepaired to be CC'ed to death in Huttball, but I am seeing classes bypass a full resolve bar and there is nothing I can do about it. I manage all of it and still play very well, but that don't mean **** when the resolve still is broken now does it.

I am going to put up a fraps and throw down screenshots of cc going on while I am in a full resolve white to prove my point. Once I pile all the evidence of the bs going on with resolve, then maybe Bioware will get on it and start working out the problem. It's bs it has gotten this far, I mean lets be serious this has been a issue since beta.

I can deal with cc and can deal with odds of geting beat, point is I am sick of a system in play that is suppose to help cc defense, look at all the cc I mean come on.

I know I am QQ'ing, and I am sick and tired of being chained cc'ed to death while a full white bar is staring me in the face.

Well snares don't effect resolve.

Then that would be a contradiction on Bioware's behalf, and I could prove there is more then just snares bypassing this system they say is immune to cc when in full white like I posted above.

While a target’s Resolve bar is empty or filling up, that target can be CC’d

Once the target’s Resolve bar is full (>= 1000), the bar begins to drain and the target can’t be CC’d until the bar is empty.

Definition of Crowd Control: Crowd control (also called CC) is a term used in massive multiplayer online role-playing games to refer to the ability to limit the number of mobs actively fighting during an encounter.[1] It can also refer to abilities that influence or prevent the abilities or actions of other character(s). Crowd control can be extremely powerful, controlling the possible outcomes of an encounter, as it forces opponents to use a smaller set of abilities/actions.

Some cc ability's,

Root - immobilizes character while allowing all other actions to occur

Snare - lowers movement rates while allowing all other actions to occur

Movement speed buffs

Teleport - moves the CCer a distance away, usually further than could be reached by regular movement in the same time frame

Knockback - teleports opponent(s) away from the CCer

Levitate - allows CCer to use terrain advantages to line-of-sight or safely fall from a height in order to cover more ground than normally possible

Direction changes - forces opponents to move in another direction, often resulting in tempo or distance gains for the CCer

Fear/Stun/Mesmerize ("mez")/Charm - robust CC abilities that usually include other types of CC alongside one from the above list

What is my point?

Bioware is failing to help us with "Crowd Control", resolve is not 100% and that means its broken and needs fixed. I think they added too much cc, kinda like shopping with a empty stomach metaphor.

They had huge ideas for combat cc, and forgot to minimize all of it that way it wouldn't be a problem, and believe me when I say its a problem.

Edited by Caeliux

Hey I wouldn't mind it. Shadows / assassins would be filling my resolve just by attacking me; so would sorcs / sages.

Although people will cry nerf melee even more if that happened, because sents / maras getting kited by one player will get full resolve that much quicker, and continue to **** face.

I'm fine the way it is, minus the glitches. On my guardian in huttball if roots filled resolve I would score every single time.

As it stands at least good teams w/ slingers / snipers timing their roots and the rest timing their stuns have a chance.

I'm fine the way it is, minus the glitches.

I am glad truly that your happy, problem is us SWTOR gamers should not be happy with a unfinished system called "cc defense control" called resolve. Trust me I am really good at the game and love this game as well, but the lack of improving the resolve issues is out of hand and its needs addressed daily.

I beta tested this game, am testing 1.3 as we speak, and the same resolve issues are the same as it was in beta.

As it stands at least good teams w/ slingers / snipers timing their roots and the rest timing their stuns have a chance.

Good teams perform even with all the imperfection that SWTOR has, it still don't change the fact that this game needs alot of work before ranked matches come. ;)

1. Getting CCd at full resolve is systematically impossible

2. Resolve prevents you from total incapacitation. Movement impairing does not count as total incapacitation.

3. The system works fine.

We eagerly wait your 'evidence' to getting CCd at full resolve.

1. Getting CCd at full resolve is systematically impossible

2. Resolve prevents you from total incapacitation. Movement impairing does not count as total incapacitation.

3. The system works fine.

We eagerly wait your 'evidence' to getting CCd at full resolve.

No problem stay tuned, I can see your blind eye needs some water and soap.

Something is definitely not working correctly, I have been full white and chain CC'd, we do need fraps footage to underpin these claims otherwise the community will continue to say resolve is fine.

The issue that happens to me quite often is CC not breaking on damage. A sorc will have me in a whirlwind and I have been hit by multiple abilities without the whirlwind being broken. Maybe it's lag or glitches but something is definitely not right.

No problem stay tuned, I can see your blind eye needs some water and soap.

So they have said, throughout the many months.

Unfortunately, not a single person managed to deliver, so this time, maybe it'd be different.

(ps) IMO, the most 'blinding' factor in PvP is usually ignorance and inexperience.

Something is definitely not working correctly, I have been full white and chain CC'd, we do need fraps footage to underpin these claims otherwise the community will continue to say resolve is fine.

The issue that happens to me quite often is CC not breaking on damage. A sorc will have me in a whirlwind and I have been hit by multiple abilities without the whirlwind being broken. Maybe it's lag or glitches but something is definitely not right.

The irony is that if you capture someone getting CCd while on full resolve, you've basically proven the existence of either a bug(likely), or an active exploit(unlikely). Whether the Resolve system, in its concept and actuality, works, is a different story altogether.

Resolve is wrong by conception:

When being at 95% resolve an incoming stun should last 5% of its normal duration, well we all know it doesn't work this way.

Till this point is fixed i consider resolve system broken from my point of view because the consequence is that most of the time we are dead before having a chance to see resolve bar decreasing which is not the goal IMO.

So resolve works as BW expects and resolve conception is fundamentally wrong for the moment, this is my opinion not the truth :)

When being at 95% resolve an incoming stun should last 5% of its normal duration, well we all know it doesn't work this way.

Till this point is fixed i consider resolve system broken from my point of view because the consequence is that most of the time we are dead before having a chance to see resolve bar decreasing which is not the goal IMO.

So resolve works as BW expects and resolve conception is fundamentally wrong for the moment, this is my opinion not the truth :)

This is a correct position. Even if I don't agree with him I have to respect his opinion.

I'm also looking forward at seeing the first footage of people being CCed while resolve is active. My opinion is that resolve system is correct from a conceptual point of view. And its implementation worked fine for me so far but I don't rule out the possibility of glitches and bugs so any footage should make BW aware of the problems and address them.

Edited by LenrocNewDawn

That's basically the "mez resistance" concept CoH/V had. It only works when:

(1) ...the CCs are as powerful as 8~12 seconds duration

(2) ....only a select few "controllers" have access to full set of CCs

(ps) Edit: Dying while being stunned is a consequence of poor combat tactics, and not of resolve or stun.

Edited by kweassa

OP, please post some footage of this CC with full Resolve happening (please keep in mind that roots and snares are not CC as defined by Bioware and are therefore not included in the Resolve system).

While I cannot state that bugs are impossible, I can state that Resolve works as intended for me and many other players who have tested it thoroughly and no one has provided any evidence to the contrary yet.

(ps) Edit: Dying while being stunned is a consequence of poor combat tactics, and not of resolve or stun.

Huh? I disagree with you on this. If I've got my DPS premade on you your survival likelihood is beyond your control unless there's an "avoid all damage while hard stunned for 8 seconds" tactic that you have up your sleeve somewhere.

Huh? I disagree with you on this. If I've got my DPS premade on you your survival likelihood is beyond your control unless there's an "avoid all damage while hard stunned for 8 seconds" tactic that you have up your sleeve somewhere.

I agree!

I have noticed this issue in Huttball and specifically on my Assassin - whenever the ball is passed to him he is frequenlty chain stunned until killed - the action bars are locked so no action is possible - the main irritation being I cannot pass the ball. Whilst the rest of the team are shouting pass unaware of this bug.

Strangely I only seem to suffer this issue on the Assassin with no other characters suffering to the same extent.

I agree!

I have noticed this issue in Huttball and specifically on my Assassin - whenever the ball is passed to him he is frequenlty chain stunned until killed - the action bars are locked so no action is possible - the main irritation being I cannot pass the ball. Whilst the rest of the team are shouting pass unaware of this bug.

Strangely I only seem to suffer this issue on the Assassin with no other characters suffering to the same extent.

Assassins should suffer from this less due to the fact that not only do they have a stun-break, but also stealth and a defensive ability with stun immunity. Albeit, assassins, (like most healers and damage-specced P-techs, marauders, and snipers) are high up on the list for "chain-stun + focus fire" due to how significantly they can impact a match (be it burst dps, pulls, healing, great as ball-carrier, etc.).

There is definitely a bug at the moment, that holds your character in a stun, it happened earlier in a voidstar match. I believe it was a Merc/Pyro that triggered it from an electro dart. I was stood wiggling for about 10 seconds, people then started attacking me and the stun broke when someone else must have CC'd me. Unfortunately I didn't have fraps going to record it, I wish I did :(

^^ this and the fact that your stun-break might be on cooldown from the last time you used it after reaching max resolve (which is typically the best time to use it).

There is definitely a bug at the moment, that holds your character in a stun, it happened earlier in a voidstar match. I believe it was a Merc/Pyro that triggered it from an electro dart. I was stood wiggling for about 10 seconds, people then started attacking me and the stun broke when someone else must have CC'd me. Unfortunately I didn't have fraps going to record it, I wish I did :(

There are bugs with SOME types of CC right now (apparently they became bugged with either 1.2 or one of the early patches to follow it) - I have confirmed that two abilities (and their mirrors, so 4 total) are currently bugged for certain classes/specs. I, my guild, and several others that I PvP with have all submitted bug reports for them detailing exactly which abilities for which classes and the circumstances related to how they are bugged or happen to be a requirement for them to behave bugged.

I have a screenshot, notice my health bar, there is no icon to show that I am CC'd even though I clearly am, this was after the Electro Dart from a Merc/Powertech.

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/7636/ccerror.jpg

Yes, but you're also not full resolve, either. Some cc effects just don't tend to display a CC'd debuff icon - I haven't noticed any bugs pertaining to electro dart (unless you consider the fact that it isn't displaying an active debuff icon a bug, but it's not the only ability that does this).

Edited by SinnedWill