Where's the logic to determine origin and destination server?

RAVM

All West Coast PVP server players are being herded to the Bastion.

Top 20 US Servers, UPDATED 6/13/2012

The Fatman (PvP US East) Population ≈ 2316 From Hedarr Soongh

Jedi Covenant (PvE US East) Population ≈ 1657 From Keller's Void

Drooga's Pleasure Barge (PvE US West) Population ≈ 940 From Fa'athra

The Harbinger (PvE US West) Population ≈ 710 From Soresu

Canderous Ordo (PvE US East) Population ≈ 550 From The Courageous

The Ebon Hawk (RP PvE US East) Population ≈ 520 From Kath Hound

Lord Adraas (RP PvE US East) Population ≈ 490

Jung Ma (RP PvP US East) Population ≈ 450 From Ven Zallow

Ajunta Pall (RP PvP US West) Population ≈ 400

The Swiftsure (PvP US West) Population ≈ 380

Sanctum of the Exalted (RP PvE US East) Population ≈ 280

The Shadowlands (PvE US East) Population ≈ 280

Krayt Dragon (PvE US East) Population ≈ 260

Public Test (PvE US East) Population ≈ 250

Lord Ieldis (RP PvE US West) Population ≈ 250 To Begeren Colony

Begeren Colony (RP PvE US West) Population ≈ 250 From Lord Ieldis

Mind Trick (PvE US East) Population ≈ 250

Anchorhead (PvP US East) Population ≈ 248

Anturi Reach (PvE US East) Population ≈ 248

Assassins of Sion (PvE US East) Population ≈ 248

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=449144

The Swiftsure was one of the highest on the population list, the Bastion doesn't make that list at all, yet it's the Bastion that's the destination server? Yeah, that's not an official list or anything, but I doubt it that far off.

Having people move from a higher populated server to a lower one doesn't make sense. So what's the deal Bioware? Let's hear it, I'd like to see a good reason, or just any reason. Maybe the devs had friends on the Bastion?

Edited by RAVM

All West Coast PVP server players are being herded to the Bastion.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=449144

The Swiftsure was one of the highest on the population list, the Bastion doesn't make that list at all, yet it's the Bastion that's the destination server? Yeah, that's not an official list or anything, but I doubt it that far off.

Having people move from a higher populated server to a lower one doesn't make sense. So what's the deal Bioware? Let's hear it, I'd like to see a good reason, or just any reason. Maybe the devs had friends on the Bastion?

well the bastion is a higher population server than switfsure now isnt it....

Oh man, so is their like anything that satisfies some people in these forums? There's a complaint for everything! Even good things are bad! This is a backwards world in the General Forums!

Just be happy people got their transfers and have more players to enjoy their game time with. Stop asking mundane questions just to feed your inner hate lol. :p

Oh man, so is their like anything that satisfies some people in these forums? There's a complaint for everything! Even good things are bad! This is a backwards world in the General Forums!

Just be happy people got their transfers and have more players to enjoy their game time with. Stop asking mundane questions just to feed your inner hate lol. :p

What if they had made Fatman an origin server and all those people were to be moved to some light server? You'd still saying 'meh, whatever, they know what they're doing'?

Keep in mind that we don't really know their thought process. At this point I'd like to think that they're trying to avoid making the same mistake they made at the beginning. What happens if they underestimate the number of people willing to transfer? Wouldn't it make sense to take things slow and deal with lower pop servers so they can adjust their schedule as they go? Or if they overestimate how many people will transfer, they could end with pop problems again in short order when people who resub just to tranfser drop back off. They can change plans to make adjustments. I know after all the mistakes that it's hard to give them the benefit of the doubt, but current behavior leads me, at least, to believe that they're (slowly) learning from their mistakes and trying not to repeat them. Impatience, in part, led to this problem, let's at least wait till the process is done and see how it turns out out huh?