The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Transfered from a low pop server to a lower pop server...

ModernZombie

LOL, yeah, moving data around is hard. Especially when your management hyped the product into the stratusphere and didn't allow the time to develope all the needed support tools.

No excuse what so ever for BW not to commit to have all origin servers active for transfers by this Friday, so that this weekend is fun for all and not just those lucky enough to go to a populated server.

BS like this is why my sub is running out and not coming back until I can get what was promised.

Edited by Notannos
rude quote

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad analogy is bad.

YOU are the one who likes your character names. If you want to ELECT to transfer AND keep the names then YOU need to take the additional step of testing to see if they are available, and if so protecting them until your server is ready to move.

it made plenty of sense to me...but, that's the cool thing about debate!!

and, server merges are NOT voluntary, if you want to play an mMo.

LOL, yeah, moving data around is hard. Especially when your management hyped the product into the stratusphere and didn't allow the time to develope all the needed support tools.

No excuse what so ever for BW not to commit to have all origin servers active for transfers by this Friday, so that this weekend is fun for all and not just those lucky enough to go to a populated server.

BS like this is why my sub is running out and not coming back until I can get what was promised.

what? you want a quality product, maybe some info, perhaps some proactive measures to alieviate the pain of dreadful server populations and no ranked WZ's?

cry baby. (<---that's sarcasm)

So you believe they are going to every MyAccount page and manually updating the banner if you have a character on a server that is ready to be transferred?

I believe they are manually editing the site page that describes the currently enabled transfer servers.

Since we know for a fact that the process is gradual and spread out over time, would it not be more logical to assume that the fate of your server will be announced in one of the future updates?

I really don't understand this line of thought. If I say "I am now going to read the ten names of the winners of my haiku collection", do you assume that you are not a winner after the first name was read if that name wasn't yours?

I based my assumption on the fact that there are far more server pairings on the account character transfer page than have been announced. I know I'm making an assumption and thus by definition it could be wrong. But at least I based the assumption on data available at the time rather than pulling something out of the methane.

Read your post again. You said you did something, "believing" something else would happen. You just assumed. No word was given that that was going to happen. And when it doesn't work out the way you imagined it to be, you claim Scam and get mad.

next time I will cancel my sub and not support the game, you fan boys make things far worse for BW, you do them no favors, pissing off the community and blaming us is just going to win BW so many points, please:rolleyes:. They opened with too many servers, and after opening with too many servers were too slow in rectifying the situation, thus creating their own QQ rage fest , BW has no one to blame but itself and fanboys , fan boys are the ones who always add info to defend BW that just ends up hurting BW just like this , BW says nothing hardly at all. I assumed nothing, and a great many people did the same thing I did and BW was aware of this and in many threads you fan boys told people to reroll till BW does transfers and for us to quit qqing ( months of these post)(do I need to link the 100s of forum post about it?????)

Edited by krisknife

When I said goodbye to RMP there were 32 people on the fleet. When I arrived on The Bastion at prime time, there were 3.

********. what do you consider primetime? there were 50-80 on fleet from 4PM til server shutdowns and 2-3 WZs goin all night. I logged on at 10 in the morning and there were over 30 people on fleet.

I heard there were 15 on fleet during primetime on RMP just before the transfers..

To be fair OP BW's largest mistake was to launch with (raises pinky finger to crook of mouth) 1million servers knowing that after the first few months there would be a bit of drop-off in pops. I know they wanted a smooth launch, and it was, but continually crowded servers couldn't have hurt.

However, to your disapproval of how things have been handled. As many have said, it is early. Give this entire process a week to shake out and then see where you are.

My server has not even been touched yet, however I assume we will be on the move in a day or 3. If, by the end of the week, nothing has changed for my server I will be a bit bummed but no upset. If, by the end of this transfer process, my server, or the server we are sent to, is still dead I just won't log in here or the game anymore and move on to TERA.

This happens in many MMOs. Projections for pop numbers need to even out when devs co.s look into the future trying to project how many subbers an MMO will have. This is the third MMO I was excited for and has failed to deliver so I am becoming accustomed to a certain lvl of disappointment (Warhammer, AoC, SWTOR [this one really hit home]). If you temper your expectations with your historical knowledge of the industry, you won't be heartbroken each time you find out your game is on it's way to the abyss.

Any takers on how many NA servers will be left at the end of this? 20? Really hope it is more like 10 so each population will be thriving again.

No. That isn't the case. The destination servers are our new homes.

unless you work for BW you have no clue. Fan boys need to quit inserting info like they are GMs and have some kind of special knowledge. Quote maybe accurate , but this attitude of answering questions using vague info and facts to defend BW is causing more harm than good.

unless you work for BW you have no clue. Fan boys need to quit inserting info like they are GMs and have some kind of special knowledge. Quote maybe accurate , but this attitude of answering questions using vague info and facts to defend BW is causing more harm than good.

Wow... I'm not sure which is funnier, calling people who are trying to help "fan boys" or the fact that you are acting like well-known information is highly classified knowledge only available to the mystics of Austin.

When I arrived on The Bastion at prime time, there were 3.

You must have an odd definition of "prime time". Even with the 32 people in EC, i know there was still 20+ on the fleet during prime time. (But more servers coming our way anyway, which I agree we did need.)

You must have an odd definition of "prime time". Even with the 32 people in EC, i know there was still 20+ on the fleet during prime time. (But more servers coming our way anyway, which I agree we did need.)

Also, for the past few weeks, which you claim to have been not playing, RMP has had about 20 people max on the fleet during prime time.