Transfered from a low pop server to a lower pop server...

ModernZombie

So last night I transfered all of my characters off of my starting server Rakata Mind Prison. I was so excited to finally be able to have the opportunity to play with other people. To run flashpoints and pvp. I haven't logged in for a month because our server was so depressing and leveling my character on The Fatman felt like a chore after just completing 3 50's. When I said goodbye to RMP there were 32 people on the fleet. When I arrived on The Bastion at prime time, there were 3.

Sadly I am more disappointed than ever. As a lover of this game I just have no drive to play. I feel that Bioware really dropped the ball here with waiting so long to face the population problem. When I do play on The Fatman with my mid-30's Jugg I have a blast. But I feel like I have been forced to level yet another character because my server, like many others, was forgotten about.

Until 1.3 I see no reason to play. Until server populations even out I have no ambition to log in. This is very sad for me because I am choosing to not play a game I love. And I am choosing not to play because if I do force myself to play I will burn out and continue to be disappointed. I hope to log back in down the road and fall back in love with this game like I did with other MMO's after long periods away. But, I never had to do walk away so soon after launch.

Bioware, you need to listen to your fans. We love this game, but you are making a lot of amateur mistakes. This market is too saturated to not deliver on years old promises.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So last night I transfered all of my characters off of my starting server Rakata Mind Prison. I was so excited to finally be able to have the opportunity to play with other people. To run flashpoints and pvp. I haven't logged in for a month because our server was so depressing and leveling my character on The Fatman felt like a chore after just completing 3 50's. When I said goodbye to RMP there were 32 people on the fleet. When I arrived on The Bastion at prime time, there were 3.

Sadly I am more disappointed than ever. As a lover of this game I just have no drive to play. I feel that Bioware really dropped the ball here with waiting so long to face the population problem. When I do play on The Fatman with my mid-30's Jugg I have a blast. But I feel like I have been forced to level yet another character because my server, like many others, was forgotten about.

Until 1.3 I see no reason to play. Until server populations even out I have no ambition to log in. This is very sad for me because I am choosing to not play a game I love. And I am choosing not to play because if I do force myself to play I will burn out and continue to be disappointed. I hope to log back in down the road and fall back in love with this game like I did with other MMO's after long periods away. But, I never had to do walk away so soon after launch.

Bioware, you need to listen to your fans. We love this game, but you are making a lot of amateur mistakes. This market is too saturated to not deliver on years old promises.

you do know that other servers might be added to yours later today, or tomorrow or whenever.. just because your server was transfered over it doesnt mean others wont be too..to quit over that is a bit over reactionary..

If the destination pop is still low, give it a few days, they will probably fill it up with more origin servers. Patience is a virtue. But honestly who needs virtues ;)

Its reactionary because its been 6 months. My server died over 3 months ago. I know the population will grow and servers will eventually merge, but after so much waiting this is very anti-climactic. I truly believe if transfers would have been available months ago that many people who left would still be here. I, for one, would have never stopped playing.

ya it seems a lot of people never read the part about how the server transfer list is always going to be changing and updated. but it takes time because they want to make sure they move active people to active to servers to have an active community.

I know the feeling. I've got a 50 and 2 level 44's on Davik's Estate, which is as dead as Julius Caesar. A couple of months ago I re-rolled on Jedi Covenant in hopes that I'd be able to transfer there eventually and actually enjoy playing and leveling my higher level toons. No such luck until they implement paid server transfers, which at this rate will be who knows how long.

Also realize that a lot of people are also playing 1.3 on the PTS, and not everyone might have transferred over to the destination server yet. There are still a lot of factors involved here - you are not going to see Fatman and JC pops on destination servers ... except of course for Fatman and JC.

BJ

you do know that other servers might be added to yours later today, or tomorrow or whenever.. just because your server was transfered over it doesnt mean others wont be too..to quit over that is a bit over reactionary..

Making the problem worse instead of better, even temporarily, is beyond pathetic. Who cares if the other servers are added today or tomorrow? It is another day that somebody isn't able to experience the game because of dismal populations, continuing the domino effect of more people canceling.

Hopefully people won't see the destination server as lower population than theirs already is and not transfer. It would undermine the whole reason for transferring. It is also why they should have several origin servers to one destination server FROM THE START, to avoid crap like this.

To be fair it's his money. I'd be pretty miffed too if i were in his shoes and no time scale for other servers being merged into his new one.

It is money sure. I will not cancel my sub. I love this game, I do. I am one of the people who preaches patience having been through MANY MMO launches. I know that things take time. But from the moment the game launched the lack of LFG tool was a big red flag for me. Only because this is something that every MMO has had at launch over the last two years. I know this game was rushed out, I knew EA is the reason we are still beta testing parts of the game, I get it.

I am looking forward to the servers filling up and jumping back in. But know this, many players are incredibly impatient and will see this as yet another failed promise. I will be back, I just hope to come back to a thriving community on my new server.

So I tell you what there Chief. Quit the game today, and in two days WHEN THEY FINISH BALANCING YOUR SERVER WITH THE OTHER ADDITIONS you can go through the process of reinstating it.

Feel better now? ;p

Also realize that a lot of people are also playing 1.3 on the PTS, and not everyone might have transferred over to the destination server yet. There are still a lot of factors involved here - you are not going to see Fatman and JC pops on destination servers ... except of course for Fatman and JC.

BJ

If you ask me, they should be filling servers up to get to that point.

To be fair it's his money. I'd be pretty miffed too if i were in his shoes and no time scale for other servers being merged into his new one.

I shudder to think what many of these people would do if there was real crisis in their lives if this is so wrenching an ordeal for them.

We are paying about the equivalent of a 1/3 of the price of my morning coffee for a full month of content, and now FREE balancing of the population, and LFG tool, all for the purposes of enhancing the return on that whopping 50 cents....and it is making people angry because its not being done, for them above all others, fast enough?

I am truly amazed.

How exactly is it even possible to transfer to a lower pop server? If your server goes there plus whatever was there, even if it was one guy, is going to equal more than your previous server. I think you have to wait until at least until prime time the day after the tranfers happen before you can even pretend to have an idea of what the new servers' population is, and even that will be lower than it will a week later.

I know it is frustrating but you have to at least wait until the people from your server actually transfer there to get an idea of what it is going to look like. I don't think everyone that plays was sitting at home waiting for the second they were allowed to transfer.

necessary

Well, if that offends you, then I apologize, but it is not an insult nor intended to be. it is used in very positive circumstances also, such as, "There ya go chief, all fixed, enjoy".

Should we now get into a debate on the merits of names of endearment? ;p

How exactly is it even possible to transfer to a lower pop server? If your server goes there plus whatever was there, even if it was one guy, is going to equal more than your previous server. I think you have to wait until at least until prime time the day after the tranfers happen before you can even pretend to have an idea of what the new servers' population is, and even that will be lower than it will a week later.

I know it is frustrating but you have to at least wait until the people from your server actually transfer there to get an idea of what it is going to look like. I don't think everyone that plays was sitting at home waiting for the second they were allowed to transfer.

Because of them not closing the origin servers, you don't know if your entire server will transfer. If less than the number of people on the destination server transfer, you get less population. The way they are going about this is completely wrong and sowing discontent, which is exactly what the player base DOESN'T need right now.

Because of them not closing the origin servers, you don't know if your entire server will transfer. If less than the number of people on the destination server transfer, you get less population. The way they are going about this is completely wrong and sowing discontent, which is exactly what the player base DOESN'T need right now.

Wouldn't anyone active, ie: people you would be actually playing with anyway, transfer? I can't see any significant number of active players staying on a dead server that will be eventually closed. I think you just have to wait a couple days because a lot of people are not going to be the person BW expirements the server transfer with and will stay back to make sure it worked for a couple other people first. Also I don't think you can really get a legit idea of what a server is going to look like until at least prime time a couple days after the transfers happen.

I'd like to believe you, but before I do can you list your experience in game development over the last 10 years please? I mean, to make a statement such as you have (that they are doing it completely wrong), I have to believe that you have a degree in programing and years of experience. Clearly you have been able to first uncover an action plan that, to the average player, would be as complicated as a cypher without a key, and then formulated an entirely new plan that I hope and pray you will share with us.

Either that or you have no idea and are just spewing off vitriol from that standpoint. ;p

Edited by Blackardin

Our server is almost on the death bed , so I am sure we will move as a guild . That would be around 60 peoples . So be afraid , be very afraid

:tran_grin:

LoL, thanks for the chuckle, chief. Good to see at least some can maintain a sense of humor.

Its funny to me to see that they are merging servers into The Fatman. The Fatman is the single most populated server. As I said, playing my alt there is a blast, always something going on. This is the way the game should be. What I am hoping is that moving people to the most populated server is a test for the more massive servers to come.

If you read the post from the front page about server pops it appears that (speculative) the maximum server population is 3000. If we merge into larger pop severs that handle double or triple that number it will be amazing. I want to play a crowded game.