What Happens If We Don't Transfer?

Cadaei

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=4611782&postcount=656

The quantity will very likely change as we monitor the transfer process, so I can't really give a good estimate right now. We'll be adding new origin and destination servers with the goal of ensuring that destination server populations are healthy. This may mean sending more origin servers to a destination or opening up new destinations. Because of the nature of the process, it's hard to predict how many we will during a specific timeframe.

Quantity

a. A specified or indefinite number or amount.

b. A considerable amount or number: sells drugs wholesale and in quantity.

c. An exact amount or number.

Nothing in your post says anything about Changing destination servers, just that they might add a few more to smooth out the transfer process.

Currently I've got my main on Rakata Mind Prison. It's pretty dead. On the one hand, I don't want to be stuck on an empty dead server. On the other, I've got a few friends here that I don't want to lose by transferring to a server I've never head of beore.

So just out of curiosity... what happens to those of us that do not transfer? Will the transfers end and we're stuck with emptyness?

Probably, yes.

Just have your friends transfer with you. Problem solved. The best thing you all can do it get off that dead end server so you can play the game.

They have 120 servers on lease for an unknown amount of time. They have to pay for those servers whether they use them or not so you will not see mergers done until the lease runs out.

Since server leases usually last for one year, it's fairly safe to estimate they will not merge until November/December at the earliest.

You have 3 options:

1) Take your free transfer now

2) Wait for paid transfers ~ 3 months away

3) Wait for server merges ~ 6 months away

4) or unsub

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=4611782&postcount=656

The quantity will very likely change as we monitor the transfer process, so I can't really give a good estimate right now. We'll be adding new origin and destination servers with the goal of ensuring that destination server populations are healthy. This may mean sending more origin servers to a destination or opening up new destinations. Because of the nature of the process, it's hard to predict how many we will during a specific timeframe.

This does not mean more destinations for your server, it means more servers that will be destinations rather than origins.

i cant imagine why someone would not want a transfer when it becomes avaliable...likely eventually they will just close the server down and merge it with the others once the majority of the player base is where it needs to be.

staying on a dead server...just to keep a name, or anything like that is kinda stupid

You play on a dead server until they force merge. Also once a destination for an orgin server has been picked it will not change. What the mean by destinatination servers changing is they have a designated pool of servers as destinations. once those are full any new orgin server may be designated to a new destination server that was. ot in the original pool. The current destination server for Rakkata Mind Prison will not change.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.