Server Transfer Isnt Fixing This

Titanstroke

Maybe because Bioware's lack of action on the server population issue caused much of the population to reroll? I have a 50 imp now, and a couple of other toons on the server I rerolled on. I thought it might be nice to have them covered by my old Pub toon's legacy level (27, I think, before I rerolled).

It was reroll or quit the game completely for me - and I'm sure it was that way for plenty of others. So, we're to be punished for trying to sustain the game?

Bioware dropped the ball on this. Deciding on the server for you is a joke. Transfer should be concise and automated to the point that it's no issue whatsoever. This is already the most contrived nonsense I've seen. Look at Rift's system, if you'd like to know how to do it right. You should be able to transfer wherever you'd like...if that's not an option, I think having a certain level toon on a different server should allow you to transfer there. Legacy is supposed to be so important, yet there's nothing set up to allow you to merge them - aside from a very random (hello,again, RNG) and empty chance of being told to go to the server you re-rolled on. The problem is, most people rerolled Fatman - so, good luck. It's not like it increases the active player population. The characters are all on the same account. I'd like to say I'm surprised, but I'm not.

No offense, but this is the kind of attitude I have difficulty understanding. Personally I don't play on-line games to "sustain" the game or support the company, but because they entertain me. Now I personally didn't re-roll, but if I had it would have been because I found that re-rolling made the game entertaining. So what has changed? Is the game still entertaining on your new server? Is the fact that they are doing the initial transfers all of a sudden made the game no longer enjoyable? I mean no one knows whether there will be free transfers to "re-unite" characters or not. Personally I don't believe there will, but I could be wrong.

Bottom line is, it is a game, if you still enjoy playing then play, if you don't, well don't.

Maybe because Bioware's lack of action on the server population issue caused much of the population to reroll? I have a 50 imp now, and a couple of other toons on the server I rerolled on. I thought it might be nice to have them covered by my old Pub toon's legacy level (27, I think, before I rerolled).

It was reroll or quit the game completely for me - and I'm sure it was that way for plenty of others. So, we're to be punished for trying to sustain the game?

Bioware dropped the ball on this. Deciding on the server for you is a joke. Transfer should be concise and automated to the point that it's no issue whatsoever. This is already the most contrived nonsense I've seen. Look at Rift's system, if you'd like to know how to do it right. You should be able to transfer wherever you'd like...if that's not an option, I think having a certain level toon on a different server should allow you to transfer there. Legacy is supposed to be so important, yet there's nothing set up to allow you to merge them - aside from a very random (hello,again, RNG) and empty chance of being told to go to the server you re-rolled on. The problem is, most people rerolled Fatman - so, good luck. It's not like it increases the active player population. The characters are all on the same account. I'd like to say I'm surprised, but I'm not.

If BW opened up unrestricted server transfer it would not fix any of the problems we have now and most likely create new ones (as in there would still be a bunch of dead servers, and a few servers with ridiculous queue times) and you all would just be back here in a day or two whining again. Yes, it is BWs fault we are in this mess to begin with, because they caved in to whiners back around launch. Hopefully they will not repeat that mistake and continue doing what they are doing now.

I am getting a bad feeling about this... My servers aren't even on "the list" so I can't transfer my characters. So much for transferring my characters... what's next? Character appearance changes for only the Human Species?

Transfers are far from over, you'll either be a target or on the move before it is through.

I'm genuinely curious as to why Bioware should care that you made multiple characters scattered across various servers. And I'm even more curious as to why you think Bioware should go out of their way to reunite your characters that you created across those scattered servers.

Absolutely this^

Absolutely this^

There are people out there like myself who could no longer stand the insanely low population on the server that I was FORCED onto at launch from early access with my guild. Sorry that I wanted to actually play the game I pay for and decided to server transfer...

There is no argument against this, none at all. If you argue against it you are obviously luckily enough to play on a server that has a playable population. I could give other descriptors but my last post explaining this exact thing got removed for speaking too much "truth". I guess the truth hurts. I'm a total fanboy on this game, but they make it harder and harder every single day.

Again, for many many many players it was either pay for a game that was unplayable, unsub, or reroll.

There are people out there like myself who could no longer stand the insanely low population on the server that I was FORCED onto at launch from early access with my guild. Sorry that I wanted to actually play the game I pay for and decided to server transfer...

There is no argument against this, none at all. If you argue against it you are obviously luckily enough to play on a server that has a playable population. I could give other descriptors but my last post explaining this exact thing got removed for speaking too much "truth". I guess the truth hurts. I'm a total fanboy on this game, but they make it harder and harder every single day.

Again, for many many many players it was either pay for a game that was unplayable, unsub, or reroll.

You're right, it was either pay for a game you didnt want to play, unsub, or reroll. And you made your choice. You rerolled. That should be the end of it. I can't tell you the amount of times I rerolled on new servers in WoW over the years, yet I never expected Blizzard to let me bring all my old characters to my new server for free. Why do you expect this of Bioware? You have rerolled, you have your new life. And yes, at least in two cases my choice to reroll was because the server was a ghost town and was unplayable if I wanted to do any group content or have the ability to buy things on the AH.

By "we screwed up servers at launch " you mean the servers the player population complained about for a day or 2 when Pre launch happened. Making Bioware open more servers just to shut people up

And we you mean YOU that randomly picked a different server because you didn't like the population that the PLAYERS created.

Your right all BioWares fault. /sarcasm

Nice, snark, but, you see, it still IS BWs fault. They shouldn't have listened to the mewling little babies and opened more servers. They should have ignored them and let them deal with their queues for a week or two. Instead, they forgot the cardinal rule of MMO design: Your playerbase consists almost entirely of idiots, who will even destroy their own game experience in the name of making things easier, simpler, and/or faster.

Edited by boxfetish

I am getting a bad feeling about this... My servers aren't even on "the list" so I can't transfer my characters. So much for transferring my characters... what's next? Character appearance changes for only the Human Species?

They are slowly rolling out "the list". Today's list won't be all.

While this thread is amusing, the forums in general remind me of the Queen song I want it all "I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, and I want it now," , lol.

LOL A very good description of "Generation Entitlement".

Whatever. This clearly wasn't the answer. Account is up on the 16th, I'll wait until they get it right to resubscribe. If I still care at that point.

I'm in the same boat. I was hoping that my server, Hyperspace Cannon, was in the first round.

Nice, snark, but, you see, it still IS BWs fault. They shouldn't have listened to the mewling little babies and opened more servers. They should have ignored them and let them deal with their queues for a week or two. Instead, they forgot the cardinal rule of MMO design: Your playerbase consists almost entirely of idiots, who will even destroy their own game experience in the name of making things easier, simpler, and/or faster.

Absolutely true. Which is why all the whining now is also complete BS that BW should make sure to not ignore.

Just a reminder to Bioware, a lot of us dont want server transfers to get off of low pop servers, we want them to reunite all of our characters on one server which means that we may not want the server that you picked out for us. With Legacy this is a very big deal to players who want to be able to swap amongst toons but do not want to have to level this class and this crafting skill again.

I am getting worried about the wording around "free server transfers" that once Bioware has fixed their server population issues they will say ok now pay us for transfers that you want to do because we screwed up servers at launch. If that happens, then I will probably drop the subscription and that seems to be a mind set for quite a few people that I run with.

so wait....you want free transfers because you decided to make toons on multiple servers and you want to consolidate them? how is that BW's issue? you're the one that created toons across multiple servers. the whole reason for the server transfers is to consolidate active players on active servers so there can be an active community. it's not BW's fault that you decided to create multiple toons across several servers.