Current Transfer Servers

Auck

Yea, east coast and PVP. It's why I have small hopes that if my server is to be transferred, I hope it ends up with fatman as I know alot of friends that rerolled there. If not, I would hope that we are a destination server. Either way, today has brought alot of good news to people waiting for transfers/relief.

Good luck then.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep at this rate tho it will still be weeks before they get all the servers open for transfers be it origin or destination. They need to be faster. Why can other companies do it if its so impossible?

They have clearly stated all will be done in under a week.

As I was attempting to post in the other topic - I'm concerned about Lord Adraas being migrated to Ebon Hawk, because it's one thing to migrate people off a ghost town, quite another to do so on one of the few well populated servers running.

To move that many people, there are going to be a lot of people who don't move because they still have a substantial number of friends and RP buddies there. So you end up with a half arsed migration over all.

That is certainly a possibility - and some people have characters on both servers (I know I do for instance). I could probably live with picking and choosing between them which to keep and which to toss out, but it would make me a bit sad I suppose. The ideal situation would be to have more than 8 slots per server.

As I was attempting to post in the other topic - I'm concerned about Lord Adraas being migrated to Ebon Hawk, because it's one thing to migrate people off a ghost town, quite another to do so on one of the few well populated servers running.

To move that many people, there are going to be a lot of people who don't move because they still have a substantial number of friends and RP buddies there. So you end up with a half arsed migration over all.

I think there's probably enough RP-PVE for a couple servers on the east coast. Maybe just one on the west coast, but that's just speculation on my part. (There are 6 RP-PVE east coast servers and 3 on the west coast). I'm on Rubat Crystal and many of the folks there were wondering if they'd be going to Ebon Hawk or Lord Adraas.

Bioware Please let us who are crying out in pain on the Naddist Rebel Server get out of here. No more then 65-70 imperial players on at peak time and that is even pushing it and on the republic side there is no more then 40-50 people so total server population is at 120 people at most. Please let us move level 50 pvp will pop maybe 4 times in a 12 hour period.

Yep at this rate tho it will still be weeks before they get all the servers open for transfers be it origin or destination. They need to be faster. Why can other companies do it if its so impossible?

The problem is that of sustained vs peak. If you have a transfer service from day one, allowing FFA transfers doesn't affect peak database load as it is spread over time. Knowing everyone is chomping at the bit (don't believe me look at how fast this thread is filling up) means that if they opened it up, it would likely overload the databases.

This might have been answered before but I'm sorry. I was unable to read all the pages of the original thread.

How long does a transfer take?

According to those who have transferred, 5-30 minutes. Gotta stay logged out the entire time. Word is, they are going very smoothly though which is a relief.

This might have been answered before but I'm sorry. I was unable to read all the pages of the original thread.

How long does a transfer take?

I personally had my level 50 done in under 5 mins.

I assume if you transfer all of your toons, it would take no more then 15 mins? if that

I'm hoping Sithari won't be going to Hidden Beks - or both of them going to the same destination server. 5 chars on each of those servers... and only one I could happily delete.

Either way, I'm eager to get more people to buy from and sell to. Hope this speed keeps up, adding more servers to the list this early is better than I had hoped for.

Bioware Please let us who are crying out in pain on the Naddist Rebel Server get out of here. No more then 65-70 imperial players on at peak time and that is even pushing it and on the republic side there is no more then 40-50 people so total server population is at 120 people at most. Please let us move level 50 pvp will pop maybe 4 times in a 12 hour period.

Really you are QQ about that many people on at peak my server as maybe 20 people on imperial fleet at peak and 10 on republic. Even with that I am not QQ about my server not being on the list yet.

Thats true. We only have a few on our server during the day, so probably not many to transfer..lol

Depends, since people know the transfers are happening today, there are probably more than would be on during the day looking to transfer, etc. The first couple of server lists are predictably slow as they watch the load and come up with some rough numbers of how many transfers/hour they can do without overloading the system.

That is probably why they started with the lowest pop source servers. I predict it will pick up after a few hours of prime time.

It's amateur hour at Bioware. They don't even have the Types of servers listed, or categorized by Region on the Account page, shown at https://account.swtor.com/user/account/transfer. :rolleyes:

Yup. No sorting at all. Imagine trying to look through that list when it's 100-200 servers long. You'd have to Ctrl-F find anything. Oh well.

Edited by cipher_nemo

It's amateur hour at Bioware. They don't even have the Types of servers listed, or categorized by Region on the Account page, shown at https://account.swtor.com/user/account/transfer. :rolleyes:

I Just said this to my guild... I am floored that BioWare just can't get their act together on anything. Seriously, the players have to maintain this list for the playerbase because BioWare can't?

Heh, you think that's bad? I was on at peak times every day this week on my server and I was the only person on the Republic Fleet, with one exception when there was another lonely soul on, too. I would love to have 40-50 people on the Fleet with me. Good old Scepter of Ragnos.

My main concern is I'm hoping they start having server transfers go to ones already on the destination list. I'd like to see 3-4 servers going to the same server. Doubling pops on dead servers isn't enough so I hope that they are taking dead servers, putting 3-4 together onto another "not so dead" server so that it's pop gets to around Fatman's current pop is. Then, with resubs it'll be even higher, but there shouldn't be queues cuz it should be okay on the new "Mega Servers".