Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

I agreed with this statement earlier this week, but with servers coming out every 3hrs or so, there is no way all the transfers could take place in time for BW to say "ok, everyone who's going to transfer to (destination server) has moved. Let's add some more to that server." It would take weeks to know that information.

I believe that they are doing it slowly to catch bugs/mistakes easier without a mass of people transferring at once.

Like I said we did not ask for transfers. you all did so that would be your fault

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not understand why they arent opening more tho. Transfers are taking not even 5 minutes to complete. I dont think people would mind waiting 10-15 mins if it means more servers get a chance to move.

Because if something goes wrong, the less they need to have to correct at once the better.

I do not understand why they arent opening more tho. Transfers are taking not even 5 minutes to complete. I dont think people would mind waiting 10-15 mins if it means more servers get a chance to move.

Hi, i think by the end of the night, well day for most of you here, that there will be a large amount of servers added.

I think BW are just being very over cautious on not crashing there network.

And yes my transfers took around 10 mins, i was very surprised, was expecting a lot longer than that

The only comprimise I see are more people quiting due to this. I mean I know several that really take their names seriously in game, be in mando lore or such. I did not ask for no transfer. neither did anyone in my guild. so now it turns to comprimise to just deal with it?

Another special and unique snowflake :rolleyes:

The only comprimise I see are more people quiting due to this. I mean I know several that really take their names seriously in game, be in mando lore or such. I did not ask for no transfer. neither did anyone in my guild. so now it turns to comprimise to just deal with it?

No one is forcing you to transfer...

You are not being forced to move. There is no reason to lose your guild name or anything else.

Well if you didnt ask for it then dont transfer no one is forcing you to. But if your going to transfer then yes there will have to be a compromise or a unsubbing.

All mmo's do this its nothing new. But again they artnt forcing you to transfer so if its that important for you and your guild dont do it.

Yea i think so i believe they are watching population numbers, And changing destination servers as needed to accomidate population growths.

Meaning if they move servers a,b,c to server d then server d gets full they will change a,b,c, destination to server E and as it fills up so on and so forth.

I might be wrong but thts the way i understood the dev posts on it,

You are wrong, the Dev posts say that once they announce a,b,c to server d then that is fixed. That's why the wont announce f until they can confirm whether d needs more people so it gets f or whether d is full enough so its f to server e.

Okay I have several questions about this transfer. 1) If I transfer And someone on that server has my name, do I have to rename? If so why Do I have to change Just because you want more people. 2) How about guild names? Our guild is rather famous from other games as well. Do we have to change our guild name if it exists on that server? If so why do we have to change and not them? I had also read in the news about this that it is possible that friends may not be going as well and moved to another server. So you all are going to break up our guild, name, and etc. just to do a group finder patch? I feel we are being cheated on so many levels on this.

You have to change your name because you are moving. The person who is already there with the name is not moving, thats why they don't have to change. You don't have to move. You can stay on your dead server if your name is that important. Or you can change (to use your forum name as example) jkaraus to jkaraús. Your friends, however, if they are from the same server, will definitely be going to the same destination server as you, guilds won't have to worry about their members ending up on several servers.

You are not being forced to move. There is no reason to lose your guild name or anything else.

Umm it is my understanding that they are making us move if your server is selected to move? If I am wrong please excuse my concern

Umm it is my understanding that they are making us move if your server is selected to move? If I am wrong please excuse my concern

No, the transfer is still entirely optional. So you aren't required to move once you're opened up for transfers.

I wish they would post all the pairings whether I transfer today or some other day. I want to roll a new character, and it would be nice to create it on the server I will be transferring to. I feel stuck in limbo right now, because I don't really want to play on the old server either.

Here is the tricky question... what would you propose?

There literally is no fair way to do this... if you do it by oldest, then someone who has spent months on a server as a certain name suddenly isn't that person anymore and people who rp, quest or pvp with him are going to be confused and upstet... if you do it by new guys get short stick, well new guys are going to be upset, if you do it by random you have both being upset, etc....

How would you propose to deal with name conflicts in a server move?

I'm a bit concerned about EU/EN PVP servers - you guys have Fatman, we have Freedon Nadd (though not quite is full). So far 8 from 21 servers are going into Freedon Nadd...making it look like a) all go into one (all EU/EN pvp) which is silly to do in waves then...or b), there will be one more (but not two) destination servers...and honestly, even if they take the remaning 12(?) servers and join them, it still wont be impressive I think...

Depends on the population of those 12 servers, if they are higher than the 8 that went to Freedon Nad then they will make a high population server, this is especially true of that 12 includes some in the top 5.

I wish they would post all the pairings whether I transfer today or some other day. I want to roll a new character, and it would be nice to create it on the server I will be transferring to. I feel stuck in limbo right now, because I don't really want to play on the old server either.

Those pairings may be subject to change a this point, which is why they won't do that.

Aaaaand. Now I can't have the fecking names i've had since before launch.

None of them.

All my characters now have to be somebody else. Even though most of them had their appearance designed to match their friggin name.

Christ. I'm so glad I'm just waiting for my sub to run out so I can wave goodbye to this game.

..and this is the reason I like to go with unique names instead of running as a clone of some sort.

I agreed with this statement earlier this week, but with servers coming out every 3hrs or so, there is no way all the transfers could take place in time for BW to say "ok, everyone who's going to transfer to (destination server) has moved. Let's add some more to that server." It would take weeks to know that information.

I believe that they are doing it slowly to catch bugs/mistakes easier without a mass of people transferring at once.

I'm sure the bug issue is a huge part of it, but you know that a high number of characters are transferring quickly. Plus based on yesterdays numbers, they will have a good.estimation of %of actives that transfer in 24 hours. I think with decent metrics, and that black magic called math, it should be enough to get it close in a few hours.

Still waiting on the "higher" pop; IMP heavy ones to move. What gives Jov?

TORSTAT had us at .98 over the last 30 days, even though we were middle of the road pop wise, and were 3:1 on the IMP ratio according to Dulfy back in March.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.