Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the contrary, this is very helpful as people are starting to see the effects of fuller servers, and there's still plenty more to come. But had you paid any attention and read up on what was being done, you'd already know that they are not allowing players to exchange server types at this time. That service may come later on down the road, and may possibly require a transfer fee.

I dont think its a good diea to ever let people transfer from pvp to pve or vice versa. Once you decide on a type of server that should be the one you have to stick to. Just my opinion tho.

Can you quote me where they say all servers will be either destination or origin. Im not trying to say it isnt true but I cannot find that in any of the official posts from Bioware.

All servers will eventually be as populated as The Fatman or close to it. If your server is mid-pop it will either be an origin server or a destination server. There's no point in leaving your server alone. :)

I still maintain that the high traffic being focused almost solely towards Ebon Hawk for RPvE is a mistake. E.Hawk and Adraas have nearly equal populations (Adraas actually has slightly less numbers). Split the traffic, have two big RP servers.

If I'm doing this correctly, it looks like Rubat Crystal is the LAST RPvE server left.

I'm on Rubat and the community has been talking about whether we're going to Ebon or coming to stay with you guys on Adraas. Most seem to think we're going to Ebon. Like you, I think there may be enough population for 2 East Coast RP-PVE servers.

I had personally been expecting both Ebon Hawk and Lord Adraas to be destination servers, given the comfortable server load on each. I'm a little worried now that they might be planning to consolidate all the East RP-PvE servers onto Ebon Hawk. If that happens, I have to wonder how much of the population of Lardass will actually decide to transfer, given there's already a fairly decent and well-established community there.

I feel bad for all the folks on Sanctum who are having to uproot. :(

For the RP side of things there is a comfortable population on both, for the PvE stuff... or PvP not so much. Having just decided to go through the trooper PvE storyline, many of the planets have had low single digit populations during prime time (Ebon Hawk) which makes it nearly impossible to do heroics, not to mention FPs standard mode (let alone hard and nightmare modes).

While I agree it will be disruptive, I think the end result will be a larger more vibrant community in the end.

I dont think its a good diea to ever let people transfer from pvp to pve or vice versa. Once you decide on a type of server that should be the one you have to stick to. Just my opinion tho.

I agree on this, you made your bed, now sleep in it. You still have the option of rolling new toons on the other types of servers as well.

Can you quote me where they say all servers will be either destination or origin. Im not trying to say it isnt true but I cannot find that in any of the official posts from Bioware.

I do not have the quote handy, and don't feel like digging through several different long threads for official posts, but they said it at some point. I know you could infer from them saying that they plan to get all the realms to a heavily populated state, and since there were only a handful of realms before this started that were close to heavily populated (Fatman, Jedi Cov, etc) you have to assume that means every realm would have to be included to get it to that point.

Edited by mjmcooke

All servers will eventually be as populated as The Fatman or close to it. If your server is mid-pop it will either be an origin server or a destination server. There's no point in leaving your server alone. :)

Well I mean I know thats what I wish too. Thing is I see nothing from Bioware saying all servers will be included in this.

The point I'm trying to make to you is probably before the transfers started at least 50% of the servers were in about the same state as yours, if not more. So nothings saying the "worst" are going last, for all you know the worst have already gone, and neither your server nor mine were the worst.

I scouted alot of servers between us rerolling some toons on Prophecy of the five and transfer dates and most servers that were light + were much better then crevasse and some of the others, many of the lights had 4x or more of the pop on crevasse at any given time, now I admit things change but some of the initial origins had much better pops then crevasse. I am not saying that we need to be next, but some light for the real dead servers of how this is being handled would help.

Also to the poster who was on about wanting to be going to west coast, I am not sure If I have the screenshot but the first phase of xfers are going to be (Region) (Server type) -> to the same only. Phase two/three will allow you to move more freely most likely at a cost tho.

Edited by NotSevv

For the RP side of things there is a comfortable population on both, for the PvE stuff... or PvP not so much. Having just decided to go through the trooper PvE storyline, many of the planets have had low single digit populations during prime time (Ebon Hawk) which makes it nearly impossible to do heroics, not to mention FPs standard mode (let alone hard and nightmare modes).

While I agree it will be disruptive, I think the end result will be a larger more vibrant community in the end.

The planet populations show people aren't leveling new characters. If everyone is 50 and not leveling alts or new players joining the game the planet populations are not going to change much.

Edited by Dokar

MORE MORE MORE Servers please........

i'm pretty sure posts EXACTLY like this is what got us into the 200-dead server situation.

Bioware, resist the urge to batch release this time. you're doing fine.

Hello everyone,

We wanted to let you know that we've had to remove several posts from the thread.

We always appreciate feedback, both positive and negative, however we do ask that that feedback is constructive. Please keep the following things in mind as you continue your discussion:

• Rude comments - We do expect our community members to be respectful in their posts toward others. Being rude to others is not allowed.
  • Spam/Off topic/Derails - Your posts should have content. Posts that are off topic and cause derailments may be removed as spam. In order to keep the thread constructive, we ask the community to stay on topic in the thread.
  • Discussion of Moderation - If you receive a warning/infraction/private message and you do not agree with the action, please send us an email. Creating posts and threads to discuss moderation is not allowed.
  • Disruptive Behavior - We want constructive discussion in the thread, even if the opinions are negative. However, posts that are meant to cause flames or to get a strong, negative, and emotional reaction out of others, are not allowed.

Edited by Qishari

Id just like to get off the forums and get back to playing the game. I can solo yet another character to 50 or wait for these transfers. That or re-roll but instead of doing that I was waiting for this to happen. Now it looks like I wasted all that time I could have re-rolled. I wish they would just be upfront with us instead of playing KGB or CIA and saying everything is classified.

i'm pretty sure posts EXACTLY like this is what got us into the 200-dead server situation.

sorry but i am on a dead server so keep your comments to yourself, plus i was on one of the original servers not the newly created ones.

Population is a symptom not the illness.

Go do some dailies, or farm some rare items to sell on the new GTN that will be actually populated when you do transfer. Or go read a book, or go outside or something. They have been as open as would be responsible at this point.

I'm just waiting for the GTN Undercutting Wars to start.

My PvP server Port Nowhere is in the TOP 5 of the less populated servers, hope to get into the transfers list soon. however, they keep sending server to ¨the Fatman¨, im worried about not be transfered there and ending in a server without the population that Fatman have now.

Hello everyone,

We wanted to let you know that we've had to remove several posts from the thread.

We always appreciate feedback, both positive and negative, however we do ask that that feedback is constructive. Please keep the following things in mind as you continue your discussion:

• Rude comments - We do expect our community members to be respectful in their posts toward others. Being rude to others is not allowed.
  • Spam/Off topic/Derails - Your posts should have content. Posts that are off topic and cause derailments may be removed as spam. In order to keep the thread constructive, we ask the community to stay on topic in the thread.
  • Discussion of Moderation - If you receive a warning/infraction/private message and you do not agree with the action, please send us an email. Creating posts and threads to discuss moderation is not allowed.
  • Disruptive Behavior - We want constructive discussion in the thread, even if the opinions are negative. However, posts that are meant to cause flames or to get a strong, negative, and emotional reaction out of others, are not allowed.

I'm all for policing the internet, but making posts announcing you're doing that when we have radio silence about more server transfers isn't doing you any favors with the community.

Even a morsel of information would be helpful, and calm the masses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.