Pod racing

matthewdbear

That pod racing game on N64 was so much fun.

That would be a lot of fun to have in the game, but it would have to be made in to something special. Actually pod racing could be very beneficial to the game as well because it would give people a reason to go back to planets that otherwise have no point to return to.

If they do a patch or expansion that includes pod racing then they should definitely add the planet Malastare. This planet was mentioned in the movies as a place where Qui-Gon saw pod racing and said it was "very fast, very dangerous". And not just add Malastare as an instance like some flashpoints but another planet!

Edited by Warchamp

It was one of those most anoying parts of the Esp 1 in the movies. Some 5 year old kid zooming around at super sonic speeds and controls his racer as if he is going 30 mph. Dream on. :p As you can tell I could not care less if Pod racing is ever added. As long as it is totally not connected to any class story lore and I have the option to not do it and if most of the players base wants it, they should add it. Basically like they do now with Huttball. :)

It was one of those most anoying parts of the Esp 1 in the movies. Some 5 year old kid zooming around at super sonic speeds and controls his racer as if he is going 30 mph. Dream on. :p As you can tell I could not care less if Pod racing is ever added. As long as it is totally not connected to any class story lore and I have the option to not do it and if most of the players base wants it, they should add it. Basically like they do now with Huttball. :)

That some 5 year old kid was Darth Vader lol. He said it himself "i'm the only human that can do it". Not an easy task, but the tracks are miles and miles long, going 300-400mph wouldn't be too too bad.

Edit: oh and he was more like 11 years old lol

Edited by Warchamp

That some 5 year old kid was Darth Vader lol. He said it himself "i'm the only human that can do it". Not an easy task, but the tracks are miles and miles long, going 300-400mph wouldn't be too too bad.

Edit: oh and he was more like 11 years old lol

yep..Darth Vader who got his *** kicked by Obi'wan Kenobi. :rolleyes: Ok 11 years old..he acted and seemed to be 5..maybe that is why I thought he was 5.:p

I think it would be a good idea for them to do this:

1) Replace the space-game with 3D space integrated with the planets

2) Re-use the current space game as a 'pod racing' mini game

3) Add a swoop racing mini game, add pazaac ...

I guess it would be okay, but it really doesn't with the lore of it. Traditionally, the only planet that exists in the TOR universe that has (in the future mind you) a track is Tatooine. So my guess is that if it was ever added, it would have to be an instanced mini-game.

It's called a community event and involves you (somehow) informing your server/faction that you will be organising a race around the station...

So there is not need for housing, when we can RP a place in Coruscant as our home and invite players.

No need for open world objectives, when we can meet people at certain places and set the rules or rewards for the fight.

No need for raids, when we can fight open world bosses and have organized pvp to simulate different levels of progression.

No need for leveling when we can RP our lvls and abilities

No need for crafting either when we can stand and talk about elite items and our abilties

The less and less this game has the expected features the more it becomes like D&D being played with dice. MMOs are meant to have features, and organizing community events are an extra and not expected things done on a server... so therefore there is no racing in swtor. Swtor can set up a mechanic that ques people for an event and we all can meet to do that event, which is what warzones are essentially, and that is what should be in game... since otherwise community events are heavily dependent on peoples organisation ontop of coming from a highly populated server.

Edited by VegaPhone

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.