HiB Animation.

CrookedCrooks

All of the animations are a little underwhelming IMHO, none of them really say BFG to me.

I agree with all skills but Pulse Cannon. PC has a way better animation than the BH Flamethrower. Reason being: PC actually shows the affected area MUCH better with the animation. FT is delayed and hard to follow. Makes the NORSE build slightly better in that regard for the trooper :D

EDIT: To stay on topic, yeah...HiB's animation sucks

Edited by Bajak

To me, it's not the animation, it's the noise. Half a dozen abilities (Dorne's wouding blast comes to mind) use the sound and makes it extremely boring. I want a deep *thump* when I hear one of my most powerful abilties go off, not a little *ba-dap*.

I prefer the modesty of the trooper animations to those of the bounty hunter - rocket punch is ridicuous and gets old fast compared to a lovely stock butt to the face. The only exception is Heat seeker missiles >>>>>>>> demo round.

But yeah, high impact bolt just looks like it came out of potato gun - this helps you stay unnoticed more in pvp too compared big noisy massive laser rail shot

To me, it's not the animation, it's the noise. Half a dozen abilities (Dorne's wouding blast comes to mind) use the sound and makes it extremely boring. I want a deep *thump* when I hear one of my most powerful abilties go off, not a little *ba-dap*.

I agree. Rail Shot sounds like it's breaking the sound barrier, where as HiB sounds more like a wet fart.

Yeah it's a classic star wars blaster sound effect. I once saw someone describe it as "like someone sitting on a ketchup bottle" lol.

And I agree on sound effects - they should be based on the sound of your actual weapon, that way you can choose a weapon based on both looks and sound (I always choose the cannons with a deeper sound).

Edited by Rigsta

• 3 weeks later...