Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Regarding server queues

StephenReid

I am not one to usually complain but to spend 150 dollars on the CE today after spending weeks helping to beta test I am extremely upset. I have a window of an hour or 2 a few nights a week to play and having a 30-60 minute cue every time is not right.

Bioware you are my favorite developer but this is crazy. After so many MMO launches you were not able to come up with a better solution. A group of co workers, rough 20, are now all spread out unable to play with each other because of this mess.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The posts in this thread are honestly pathetic. These are the same people that get mad at McDonalds because their chicken mcnuggets took more than thirty seconds.

People you are not owed anything. Bioware is giving the product you paid for. It's incredibly popular. That means that you are going to have to wait in line like everyone else. Sorry but you are not special. Everyone else has to as well.

Bioware is also not trying to screw everyone. There is no magic fix. You can't just add more servers and expect everything to be ok. There is a lot more than just one variable.

Honestly grow up people.

when you get a job and spend your own money and expect to play on the little free time yiu have then come back to this thread.

how can someone be so ignorant and say you're not owed what you paid for??

these are the people who get mad when they order 4 piece nuggets and fries but get and get 2 burnt nuggets and stale fries. you don't?

The posts in this thread are honestly pathetic. These are the same people that get mad at McDonalds because their chicken mcnuggets took more than thirty seconds.

People you are not owed anything. Bioware is giving the product you paid for. It's incredibly popular. That means that you are going to have to wait in line like everyone else. Sorry but you are not special. Everyone else has to as well.

Bioware is also not trying to screw everyone. There is no magic fix. You can't just add more servers and expect everything to be ok. There is a lot more than just one variable.

Honestly grow up people.

Perhaps you paid to queue. I paid to play.

I am currently queued at 932, over an hour wait to get into the game that I paid $150 for. Bioware, get your act together or you will have a mass exodus. If a player (me, because I work for a living) has a limited amount of time to play, do you really expect them to use half of that waiting in a freaking line? Fix this now!!!:mad:

You paid for a game. So did four million other people. Bioware does not have unlimited resources. Sorry. Sometimes in life you have to be a patient. Stop complaining. Either get in queue and wait it out, reroll, or quit. Those are your options.

Tell you what: You can wait in your queue, if it makes you happy. Just let the rest of us play.

You paid for a game. So did four million other people. Bioware does not have unlimited resources. Sorry. Sometimes in life you have to be a patient. Stop complaining. Either get in queue and wait it out, reroll, or quit. Those are your options.

Let me see. I buy a something and the company gets my money but i don't get my product. That is called fraud. Luckily I paid with AmEx. EA can deal with them.

I was assigned a server during early access due to my guild. I could handle the 30-45 ques during early access, but now the game has actually gone live..come on man!! I only get so much time to play in the evenings, before I have to get to bed..Work, making sure kids are up and ready for the bus etc etc ensures I only get a few hours a night to play. If they can't fix the que time then allow guilds to server xfer for free to a lower pop server!!! Thats all I'm gonna say about that!!

Just the fact that there's over 470 pages in this thread alone (with more mislabeled somewhere I'm sure) should speak volumes to the people running this game (or not). I don't have time to sit in a queue for an hour to play a game. Most of us adults that purchased your game do not have that kind of time.

I am not calling my wife on my way home from work to put me in the queue either. If this is not better in the 28 days left in my free subscription time, I will cancel my subscription. I don't know any way to speak any louder about poor customer service or the lack thereof.

Thanks for reading, have a good day, and fare thee well.

Lets assume that they hear us and care enough to do something about it, In fact lets assume they ARE actually doing something about it. The fact they have not updated their statement or posted here in the threads shows a total lack of respect and lack of caring for their customers.

Guess what homie...WoW has 10 million players...and ive always played on High Pop servers and NEVER EVER waited more then 10-20m.

Poor planning, disappointing

just the fact that there's over 470 pages in this thread alone (with more mislabeled somewhere i'm sure) should speak volumes to the people running this game (or not). I don't have time to sit in a queue for an hour to play a game. Most of us adults that purchased your game do not have that kind of time.

I am not calling my wife on my way home from work to put me in the queue either. If this is not better in the 28 days left in my free subscription time, i will cancel my subscription. I don't know any way to speak any louder about poor customer service or the lack thereof.

Thanks for reading, have a good day, and fare thee well.

^this.

It would be different if the game were free and free to play. We would have no right to ***** at that point.

I suppose if we just give it time, it'll get there.

It probably will but the point is we are losing our first 30 days of play time.

The following is a brief statement from Jeff Hickman, Executive Producer, Live Services:

"We know there have been questions about the queues on the servers, so we wanted to take a moment to give you some insight.

Either way, we have one clear objective – to make sure folks have fun.

While we can’t promise that there won’t ever be queues, we can promise you that we are taking this matter seriously and constantly reviewing them to make sure that they are manageable and reasonable."

Having FUN is not being assigned to a specific server only to have an hour wait to log in play an hour get kicked off and another hour wait. Most of us are working adults we dont have that kind of time for ques.

SIMPLE FIX.. allow people with their toons already on that server on, and BLOCK any new ones for the time being.

I can deal with queues. It is an MMO and it just launched, there are going to be queues.

However, can you please not put me back in a 2 hour fricking queue if and when the game crashes on me? Seriously, could our characters not count as logged in for a brief couple minutes while i try to get back in?

The game still has some stability issues, so this is not unheard of, though it is the first time it has happened to me (couldn't have happened during those times when the queue was 5 mins could it...).

The problem is truly waiting for a queue only to find you have been disconnected and have to wait again. I have a mostly stable internet connection through FIOS. I've been trying to log in for the past 3 hours. The queue is listed at 25 and now 35 minutes. I have waited in it 5 times and had error 1002 4 times so far. I'm not impressed. I didn't choose this server. BW chose it for me!

It would be different if the game were free and free to play. We would have no right to ***** at that point.

I suppose if we just give it time, it'll get there.

Exactly. This is the only reason I am mad at the queues. I paid and will probably not continue to if things keep going this way for this game. I should get to play it.

I'm considering re-rolling on a less populated server...I can't take the wait! Been waiting 40 minutes...still 656 in queue. :(

Ive done this 3 times, the problem is that everyone else does it and new players go for the low or med servers and before you know it youll be in a queue again.