Regarding server queues

StephenReid

I pretty much have to ensure I have free time for the next few hours after I want to play to make it worth it to play with the friends I have on Veela.

I understand the need for population control, but it seems a bit excessive, especially to those that have ties to that server.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

queued for 2 hours 34 mins.. and I got a server error.. and now I'm in position 1024 not, good, enough..

There are 2 options. Ile lay it out to you...

The good option

Option 1, Sort it....

The bad option

Option 2, Don't sort it.

Its pretty much a case of do, or don't there is no inbetween... so make an action already...

Edited by Wizarddinosaur

I basically had to switch to one of the new servers because people who came in yesterday refused to join the new servers that were created for them, instead they filled up the current servers that were used during early access >.<

Get booted due to router disconnect at 6pm.

Back to a 1100+ queue that started at 6:01pm.

1 minute disconnected and reset and i'm going out at 7:30. Might aswell set the game queueing since it takes 3 hours.

I had no choice on a server due to guild being already established.

The game cost way more than any other MMO to buy, and yet STILL getting this.

Free transfer for 1000 players on each side simoultaneously so they land together for an even balance on a light population server.

A nightmare for anyone that has to join friends at a given time and has to start the login at 5-7pm after work.

I queued for 2.5 hours today, enjoyed a quick game got disconnected and now I'm queing again. When you have a family ie. children there is a limited time window to be able to play, you should not have let it get this far, I mean it says 45 mins but in reality its 2 hours. Now you have clearly created a splendid game of which I wish to enjoy, however unless you do something very fast you are gonna lose alot of your customers before you have even had a slice of there financial pocket, I would certainly suggest refunding the £5 pre-order gain early access fee that I'm sure alot of people feel conned over.

£5 for a couple of hours play, not on is it.

I saw many new servers on EU, most with light/standard and few with heavy/full. But from all, my server, the Red Eclipse always had waiting queue of at least one hour (real time, not what it says on that window) after 6PM and in weekends.. most of the times 2hours or more (with 1700 people queued). :(

I read that they are working on fixing the queues, I hope that it is true. Seems weird that they put so much work in pre-launch program, having the numbers of pre-orders and guilds in their data base and still couldn't balance the number of people playing on each server. Either that, or they are actually planning stress tests on some servers (as the red eclipse) to see how much they can handle?

I literally just entered the game, flew my ship to Tattoine and the game crashed while i tried to leave ship, back into a que of a 1000.

I just really needed to vent somewhere because this kinda ruined a potential night of playing SWTOR... Please take these kind of events in consideration and make clear to what the policy is towards reconnects etc. If there was a option to actually migrate my character to any light populated server i would, just saying.

And no im not re leveling my char since that would kinda ruin the entire buzz i had being part of early game access.

I queued for 2.5 hours today, enjoyed a quick game got disconnected and now I'm queing again. When you have a family ie. children there is a limited time window to be able to play, you should not have let it get this far, I mean it says 45 mins but in reality its 2 hours. Now you have clearly created a splendid game of which I wish to enjoy, however unless you do something very fast you are gonna lose alot of your customers before you have even had a slice of there financial pocket, I would certainly suggest refunding the £5 pre-order gain early access fee that I'm sure alot of people feel conned over.

£5 for a couple of hours play, not on is it.

Just the same here. Im getting quite :mad: about the whole thing. Is the solution to play on another server where 0 from your guild is.

How hard can it be to make room for more ppl on the same fu... server, its the same every day. 2-4 hours queue and when i DC now, its time to get UP for work in a few hrs.

I would love to enjoy the game, but this is just making me :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sort the problem!!!

Tomb of freedon Naad - Europa.................... FIX IT!!!!!!

Edited by KDS-Tollis

The problem is that they used Early Access as seemingly the FIRST real test of how much players can get on a server before it fills up, and they completely failed to take into account the uneven distribution of players on servers - they opened new servers only once the old ones were strained. This is why there is such a nicely curved distribution of players among servers (as I mentioned before, it is probably Gaussian, with the peak being on the first four Euro English Early Access servers) as opposed to a more even one.

The smart thing to do was to stop accepting new player joins to servers that have, say, 150% players with characters on that server out of their max simultaneous player capacity. Or 200%. The queue numbers that get thrown about in here say that it's more than that, funnily enough. More informative server status messages (or, you know, ACTUAL PLAYER POPULATIONS) in the server list would help prevent that, along with free server moves for at least the Early Access and Guild Assignment people.

need to free transfer whole guilds into another ''light'' server

even a server lock wont fix the problem now

its not my fault that i was in a guild before pre-launch start, if i wasnt, i'd had put my account into a light server.

Edited by Kissakias

queing/playing/crashing/queing/playing/crashing,queing,

and they think im gonna sub to this ?

who in their right mind would bring a game out with major issues over a international holiday season, this is absolutly retarded, 1 month earlier and the server problems would be sorted, seems like the majority of players are going to be in a que for xmas, very well done !.

I hope the people in charge of the server population will have a crap xmas, i really hope they get toothace and piles at the same time

Next time you impatient kids wants to play a new MMO then wait a month or two to buy it.

By then, issues like this will have been solved.

1) Game has just been released today.

2) You are still in your free trial month.

Everyone is eager to play this game but take a chill pill FFS.

Hard to imagine how you survive real life, when you can't even give this GAME a week or two to be fixed.

Just the same here. Im getting quite :mad: about the whole thing. Is the solution to play on another server where 0 from your guild is.

How hard can it be to make room for more ppl on the same fu... server, its the same every day. 2-4 hours queue and when i DC now, its time to get UP for work in a few hrs.

Frankly this release is a major amateur performance. Bioware are hindering people that in LAST day of preaccess chose a server to be able to play with friends.

For example. I chose a LIGHT server to be certain that people i know are going to get on. These people havent preordered and

Now i sit with 10 people in the guild, of which have chars with invested time.

Solution:

1st phase

Bioware knew how many that preordered. Set up twice the servers and dont slap players in like a concentration camp, because we dont like that. Show servers full at 60% capacity to smooth it all in. This is until preaccess/release subs are all in.

2nd phase

Have at least a 25% extra servers at given time in server to be prepared for each wave coming in. Run this until you hit the point when new subs arent too many(for you that is).

Mark servers as full at 80%.

3rd phase

Dont start new servers let just new subs increase to 100% on all servers.

I dont know the server policy but presenting 26 new eu servers on the day of release isnt cutting it. You should have announced it PREACCESS!!

Do I get it right that every damn time I want to log on the server where I have 3 chars and guild I have wait in QUEUE??????

I just wanted to log again after bussiness trip and I have to wait 15 mins just before I can start playing??? WHAT?

Next time you impatient kids wants to play a new MMO then wait a month or two to buy it.

By then, issues like this will have been solved.

1) Game has just been released today.

2) You are still in your free trial month.

Everyone is eager to play this game but take a chill pill FFS.

Hard to imagine how you survive real life, when you can't even give this GAME a week or two to be fixed.

1 - It released on the 13th and q's existed prior to the official launch which wasnt today btw it was yesterday

2 - Correct me if im wrong but everyone spent at least £40 for their first month so not quite free really is it

I do agree that people need to be patiant and there has always been an option to play right away on a differant server but its only rational for people to want to play with guilds and freinds that have already etablished them selfs on a server

They have every right to complain as you have every right not to

Queues are a pain but seriously I think some of the people in this thread never played an MMO near launch before. So they have erred on the side of caution and some queues are bigger than they should be. There is an upside to this.. how many times has the log in server gone down? The realm servers on heavily populated galaxies?

When the server dies EVERYONE is in a 'queue' that can last many hours or even a day or two. Many MMO launches have gone so haywire people are lucky to get any gametime at all in the first few days. Overall this has been about as smooth a launch as I can recall.

Do I get it right that every damn time I want to log on the server where I have 3 chars and guild I have wait in QUEUE??????

I just wanted to log again after bussiness trip and I have to wait 15 mins just before I can start playing??? WHAT?

15 minutes, thats ok!

Try 2-4 hrs.....

Queues are a pain but seriously I think some of the people in this thread never played an MMO near launch before. So they have erred on the side of caution and some queues are bigger than they should be. There is an upside to this.. how many times has the log in server gone down? The realm servers on heavily populated galaxies?

When the server dies EVERYONE is in a 'queue' that can last many hours or even a day or two. Many MMO launches have gone so haywire people are lucky to get any gametime at all in the first few days. Overall this has been about as smooth a launch as I can recall.

que in a pre-launch era is not an excuse