Regarding server queues

StephenReid

Started q at 5:30pm when I got in from work.

1400+

At 8pm I got to 97 then disconnected.

Now back at 1400+

And this has nothing to do with launch day. I've been playing since 16th with early access and it's the same every evening so far.

Whichever way you look at it, it's completely unacceptable. THIS was the plan? All that pre-planning for THIS??!?!

Bioware put my guild on this server (Bloodworthy). WHY? It's horrendously overpopulated (going on queues). We had no allegiance or adversaries. We could've been placed anywhere. Total fail.

So now I'm looking at approximately 11:30pm (assuming I don't disconnect again) which leaves me approximately half an hour to play

\o/

To say I'm annoyed and disappointed is a massive understatement.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its crazy.. there is a Queue on my west coast server and its noon here.. Most people are at work or school so I don't want to know what its going to be like tonight when i get some more free time.

Can we please get the server cap upped or at least bring more phase servers on-line? I'm not a hard-core gamer that can spend 10hours in a game a day. I get to spend maybe 1-2hours playing and when 90% of that is queue.. its very.. frustrating.

The problem is all of the servers available weren't enough to hold everybody that got into EGA. So now you have a ton of people on full servers with leveled characters. Sure adding new servers is nice, but adding them after the official launch is already to late to solve the vast majority of queue issues on the original servers.

10am on a Tuesday and there was a 400 queue to get in. Not good.

Love the game, but can't say my interest will hold if it takes me 20-30 minutes to login every time I want to play.

Nightmare lands queue postion 696. Doubtfull i'm going to have the time to play tonight then.

And as a previous post said why not reroll soon get to a higher lvl. well i'm lvl 32 trying to do as much of the story as i can to enjoy why should i have to restart at the beginning again?

When i started on day 2 I choose an empty server, over time this has just been gettin more and more packed, hell i had to wait in a queue this morning at 6:45am. ( granted this was only about 5mins then but it is insane). If i was given the option i would move to a low pop server so i could get to play the game i am paying for but it isn't an option.

Depends on what a bad launch is.

Too many servers can be considered a bad launch for long term health of the game - Warhammer Online was a perfect example of this. Tons of servers because of hype and queues and then people had no one to group with when everything simmered down.

Queue times for publicity is not a bad thing, it will be looked as a good thing for outsiders.

Nope, I doubt any potential buyers are reading these forums going "So, I'll have to wait hours to even be able to play, but at least I'll be able to group up with people, so at 3 am when I finally get in I wont be all alonesies!"

I just doubt it.

I was trying to work out where I have seen this level of queueing and lack of population when you get in..........

........... my normal Saturday nights out in Town :cool:.

We'll queue for hours...... be promised that we can get in soon :(

...... that soon turns into another 30 minutes :mad: (on top of the hour we have already queued).

It starts raining :confused: (not sure of the relevance here, but it normaly rains)

and then the joy..... we are finally let in.....

we get charged a lot of money.... and ..........

(you guessed it) there is no F*£k3r in the place :eek:

Edited by Obilam

Hmmm, imagine that....so many replies to Que times the thread is closed. I dont think there is a way to convey such dissapointment with the que times. Yes you opened up a bunch of new servers for game launch. But only someone that has never attempted to play, use or develop an MMO could assue this would somehow address any problem with que sizes. Obviously all who pre-purchased to start game play are gonna be more then your casual player, and to make a server overpopulated with fanatics and assume maybe when top level is reached and end game is seen by some....the que time will then lower.

DONT PUNISH US FOR YOUR LACK OF PLANNING! GIVE US FREE GUILD TRANSFER TO A SERVER OF OUR CHOICE!

To those that say raise the server cap, are you guys serious? You'll have hundreds of thousands of people on a few servers, and barely any people on other servers. I re-rolled on a lighter server, Infinity Gate, and am loving the lack of queues so far.

The lighter servers could use more people, not the full ones.

3PM Eastern and I'm in position 238 on Kinrath Spider, the lowest of the low population servers in the beta. My screen is full of "Estimated Wait". At 3PM Eastern? Really?

I'm not going to ragequit, but I'm going to be irritated when Bioware loses subscribers due to frustration. Congrats on making a good game, boo on being bad at math and not calculating resources properly.

To those that say raise the server cap, are you guys serious? You'll have hundreds of thousands of people on a few servers, and barely any people on other servers. I re-rolled on a lighter server, Infinity Gate, and am loving the lack of queues so far.

Done that three times and still queuing.............. just wait (do NOT excuse the pun).

You guys are such whiners. The amount of indignation seen in this thread is insane. You all act like 60 bucks is so much money to spend and that to have to wait 30 mins is such a deal breaker. If 60 bucks is a lot of money, get a new job... If 30 mins is too long to wait, pick up some friends and do something else.

Also, stop threatening to cancel your subscription. Not that I suggest you don't cancel it's just that no one really cares if you play this game or not. Just like in real life no one likes complainers and everyone is going through the same thing so make peace with it.

Bloodworthy EU is in dire need of some kind of intervention.

Just before I left for work this morning I decided to log in to check it out. at 6:15am I was immediately put into a queue of around 80. 6:15am!!

Ive now come home from work at 7pm and faced with a 1400+ queue lol

I was in the first wave of EGA invites.. I had no idea this server would become so overpopulated =/

Hi Guys,

The game is fantastic, thank you for all your fine and tireless work. I'm having a great time playing.

As for logistics:

I expect that the servers are virtual and you can add more until you run out of CPU and RAM on the hardware platform. I'm going to assume that load balancing is a high priority right now. I'm sure people would love to know what aspects you're committed to around this point.

I assume you have prioritized coding towards designing tools to alleviate issues such as character transfers. People would love to hear something firm concerning this functionality; if not about implementation timeline then that this will be coming soonest.

I would suggest a warning on joining an overloaded server for people during character creation which states that this server is at maximum capacity and wait times can exceed $TIME_VARIABLE_HERE. :) Encourage them to seek a low volume server (assuming there is one).

Thanks again!

Zhoul - Sith Meditation Sphere

Hmmm.... so my guild who had early access should be expected to move to a different server? Undoing all the work of the past week?

So, an alternative is to not allow new accounts to create toons on overpopulated servers until things even out. Certainly, those who didn't have early access should be going to those new servers.

You guys are such whiners. The amount of indignation seen in this thread is insane. You all act like 60 bucks is so much money to spend and that to have to wait 30 mins is such a deal breaker. If 60 bucks is a lot of money, get a new job... If 30 mins is too long to wait, pick up some friends and do something else.

Also, stop threatening to cancel your subscription. Not that I suggest you don't cancel it's just that no one really cares if you play this game or not. Just like in real life no one likes complainers and everyone is going through the same thing so make peace with it.

That would be true, except me and my wife play. I bought the Collectors edition ... she wanted one too, so that 120 bucks for 2 60 dollar games turns into 300 bucks ... plus tax! Then tack on the $15-17 a month to play after the first month, I will have invest thousands into this game if we play for a year or so.

So get out of here with your $60 post ... I would force choke you, but I play replublic :)

i seriously hope youll be able to switch servers, its kind of nonsense i picked a random pvp server now its like one of the most popular ones now it seems. i hate having to wait multiple hours, i cant leave my computer for the fear of another queue. :(

It's called LAUNCH deal LOL! Deal with it... just about every, major, MMO on the planet has gone through this.

So than you're saying that this game is on par with the rest, and therefore nobody needs to bother with it? Gotcha.

Here I thought that this game was supposed to be unique, and something of its own, no point in trying to set the bar higher.