Regarding server queues

StephenReid

All I know is I was in queue for over 2.5 hours last night, starting at over 1100 in line...I logged in then watched most of the SNF game before I was able to get in. I totally understand the time it takes to work things out and make sure things are balanced. I do not understand how this issue can be so big right now, when the numbers are as drastic as they are. There is no reason for the lack of movement at this point. The biggest thing I don't get is how my server "The Fatman" can have a 2.5 hour queue whle the longest wait time I saw on any other server was 30ish minutes....the kicker is that BW picked that server for our guild so we had to go there.....I thought the whole idea of guild pre-placement was to avoid this issue. I really, really hope they figure out what they are going to do by tomorrow.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love reading the ... its like nobody has played an mmo before...rofl

Its like ppl are...ok, they really are....but anyways, Bio, you guys are doing a great job! You have posted all kinds of info. If some dont get it, which is mostly the 258+ pages of ppls BS...then people just wont..

I've been enjoying the game so far, and so far, it's just getting better!

it is ludicrous - these queues will stop people subbing far faster than any amount of bugs really

common comment from my guild is 'love the game, but my time in it wil be short if this doesnt get sorted'

the technology is there to prevent this sort of thing happening - everything seems to be instanced as fas as i can see - any wait over a few minutes for a modern MMO is pretty unnaccaptable.

and I have played MMOs before - 10 years worth of them, most of the major ones - I don't recall ever seeing queues like this.

Edited by Tinantier

Any queue is annoying. Even a 15 minute one. They need to add many more servers and give guilds and players the options to move if they so wish.

Nothing more annoying than having a long queue on a game you will soon be paying for. Well already paid for the software.

a 15 minute or even an hour queue would be fine on launch. If all the servers had no queue's, later down the line we will need server merges.

When its at 5 hours they should offer free transfers, especially when other servers dont have a queue...

maybe have a afk check box that pops up in game every hour or so when the server has a queue... something that cant be macro'd so you stay in game

Edited by stush

Since I work with FTP/Exchange servers and clouds. I can understand and be sympathetic when dealing with queues and server load. It is such a pain in the *** from a system admins standpoint to deal with queues and monitoring server load/latency that I promise you Bioware wishes they didnt have to. But unfortunately for us that is the case, but on a positive note they will be better equipped come full release tomorrow for the player capacity. The best thing to do in this situation is to be understanding, Bioware or EA isnt trying to punish us. They want nothing more than to see their product excel. I ve been in one queue so far for my server that lasted 25mins. Yes it sucks, but hey we are playing a game before it release :) They will get it right. Edited by CodwiDasan

Since I work with FTP/Exchange servers and clouds. I can understand and be sympathetic when dealing with queues and server load. It is such a pain in the *** from a system admins standpoint to deal with queues and monitoring server load/latency that I promise you Bioware wishes they didnt have to. But unfortunately for us that is the case, but on a positive note they will be better equipped come full release tomorrow for the player capacity. The best thing to do in this situation is to be understanding, Bioware or EA isnt trying to punish us. They want nothing more than to see their product to excel. I ve been in one queue so far for my server that lasted 25mins. Yes it sucks, but hey we are playing a game before it release :)
i know were your coming from but 2 days ago i was in a queue for almost 5 hours... yes we know there trying to solve this but it is way to early to even think that they are ready for tomorow, the population on the servers is only going to increase leading to longer waiting.

THIS IS A TRUE STORY RIGHT NOW! SAD BUT TRUE!

I am going away with my girlfriend to a family dinner tonight directly from my work right now at 5PM.

So I told my girl to start the game for me back at home and put me in the line, I got 1609th place in the que. (Pretty good actually as I am used to be around 2200th place, Yesterday 5hours in the que... 1.5hours play)

We will be home tonight at 10PM and I HOPEFULLY will be able to in at the time to play 1-2 hours...

So I am thinking what if I was at home after work and wanted to play the game, I would be so pissed because I would have to wait atleast 4hours...

Something must be done... I refuse to change server and start from the begining!! We should atleast be able to change server for our character...

I love reading the ... its like nobody has played an mmo before...rofl

Its like ppl are...ok, they really are....but anyways, Bio, you guys are doing a great job! You have posted all kinds of info. If some dont get it, which is mostly the 258+ pages of ppls BS...then people just wont..

I've been enjoying the game so far, and so far, it's just getting better!

Ive beta tested about 10 games (closed beta) and i bought them all and joined at launched or via early access.

For me the game is almost flawless, no crashes or anything.

Ive never experienced this before so early.

BUT !

Id rather have crashes and restarts once pr hour

than to wait 5 hours each day to get into the freakin game.

I refuse to change server and start from the begining!!.

How elitist and demanding can you get?

I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I want, I refuse to do anything, but you must give me everything

Seriously, just STOP already. You're acting like an immature 3 year old.

They've said that you can roll to another server. Do so. Yeah, you will have to start again, and NO it doesn't mean you've abandoned your friends/guildies/wtfever. Until the problem is solved, either roll to another server, or just quit playing. You're not ENTITLED to play where you want, when you want, how you want, with whom you want. You're just NOT. Get over yourself.

To this point, we are all playing for free. So I can deal with a queue during free playing time.

That said, I was showing off the game yesterday to a couple of my friends who are very interested. As soon as they heard there were queues they said they'd wait and see if the issue gets fixed before getting the game.

Either way, they should allow for server transfers so people can play together.

i know were your coming from but 2 days ago i was in a queue for almost 5 hours... yes we know there trying to solve this but it is way to early to even think that they are ready for tomorow, the population on the servers is only going to increase leading to longer waiting.

QFT, I with you as well. I hope they get a grip on server load quickly. Not having server space should never be a issue for Bioware. I hope when I get off work today I dont have a 5 hour queue like you did. Im a patient individual but 5hours would be a bit much.

What I cannot understand is why Bioware is not saying anythoing at all. What is worse than an unhappy client? I know the answer and it is an IGNORED client.

Stop hidding behind your computer screens and come here to answer all your unhappy clients!

Since I work with FTP/Exchange servers and clouds. I can understand and be sympathetic when dealing with queues and server load. It is such a pain in the *** from a system admins standpoint to deal with queues and monitoring server load/latency that I promise you Bioware wishes they didnt have to. But unfortunately for us that is the case, but on a positive note they will be better equipped come full release tomorrow for the player capacity. The best thing to do in this situation is to be understanding, Bioware or EA isnt trying to punish us. They want nothing more than to see their product excel. I ve been in one queue so far for my server that lasted 25mins. Yes it sucks, but hey we are playing a game before it release :) They will get it right.

What makes you think they will be better equipped tomorrow? It's just wishful thinking.

To this point, we are all playing for free. So I can deal with a queue during free playing time.

That said, I was showing off the game yesterday to a couple of my friends who are very interested. As soon as they heard there were queues they said they'd wait and see if the issue gets fixed before getting the game.

Either way, they should allow for server transfers so people can play together.

Why do you keep saying that we are paying for free. We are not!

We are being given extra days for pre-ordering, hence giving Bioware some early income for the game. It's not a gift from Bioware, it's a transaction where you agree to order in advance in exchange for some benefits (playing earlier).

I would not mind a 20min wait. But on The Swiftsure we have been seeing 2-6 hour queues. And to make things worse we get crashes and connection to server lost issues and get to re-join the queue.

They pre-assigned Guilds there and now we are on a server that unless the server allows more players at once we will not be able to sign in before bed after work. If I wanted to not play a game I could do that for free. I am not thrilled with re-rolling on another server either. I should not have to start over because they allowed to many people on the server.

That is not a FACT, that is an OPINION.

Your opinion != fact, no matter how important you think you are.

So if you run a business and get the luxury to choose where your customers will be using your services you think its a personal opinion if everybody gets seated at the same table and doesn't like it...

Ok, then call it my opinion lolz...

ttfn

Why do you keep saying that we are paying for free. We are not!

Wrong, we are DEFINITELY playing for free, up to, and including the 1st month.

The standard price of ANY (new) video game is $60. This includes the game itself, not "online access", not "digital plusses", nothing of the like.

Games like this that CHARGE for access traditionally give you 30 days for free, but that is NOT included in the game price. It's 30 days of game access for free.

Right now, we are in fact paying nothing to play the game, we're playing for free. The $60 you paid was a game purchase cost, nothing more, and it's a very standard game purchase cost.

Guys, there are plenty servers with endough room, stop QQing and choose different server!

So I guess me and my 59 guild mates should throw away our thousands of hours (combined) and just start again because Bioware have taken the strict player cap stance on servers? Not to mention how unreasonable it is to expect 59 people to just up and move.

That solution reminds me of the tech support company who told the customer to restart his PC to fix a crack in his monitor.

I'm not on the "FIX IT OR ELSE!!" or "IM PAYING FOR THIS!!" band wagon but if it's still like this in a month.. yeah, we got problems.