Regarding server queues

StephenReid

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had no wait time on The Harbinger yesterday.

I had no issues, therefore others don't either

If only life worked that way my friend.

People are annoyed because it was advertised that if you pre-ordered you'd get to play earlier. So far people are not getting what was offered to them.

Ok, you can argue that they didn't say how much earlier people could play. Fair enough, but to think these issues will be solved by the 20th is naive.

Edited by Zabonam

As good as adding more servers might be, that doesn't fix the problem of high to full population servers. People who already started leveling up characters, and are above a certain level, just doesn't want to start over on another realm (unless there's no other option). No one likes to do things over and over again. Increasing the number of players allowed per server would be good a thing, if possible. Other option is to allow players to migrate for free to other servers with smaller queues. (I don't know if the migration service exists or if it's already running, I'm sorry for not doing my homework on this one).

For the people who say these EGA days are free, maybe you should consider that you have prepaid the game, so it's not free. You will have to pay the full price of the game now or loose the 10 € (Even if you recover your reservation costs, it's not free yet, as the money was not in your account during that period, that's basic finance knowledge).

The fact you have to play tortuous semantic games to find a stick to beat BW with clearly shows you don't have any substantial point to make.

I had no issues, therefore others don't either

If only life worked that way my friend.

People are annoyed because it was advertised that if you pre-ordered you'd get to play earlier. So far people are not getting what was offered to them.

Ok, you can argue that they didn't say how much earlier people could play. Fair enough, but to think these issues will be solved by the 20th is naive.

NOT what I said. Don't put words in my mouth.

I was simply stating that myself and others I play with had no wait times in The Harbinger yesterday.

What about 'they will raise the pop. cap' don't you understand?

Depends how much it is raised by and what their capabilities are.

If queues are 1800 in peak time, the bear minimum they need to raise our server cap by is 1800.

If they raise it by 500.. well, that really doesn't help anything.

If they raise it by 3000 come Friday (once they're happy they have herded everyone into the servers and got all servers to a decent playerbase level) i'll be happy and queues should disappear.

Edited by supernickx

I was simply stating that myself and others I play with had no wait times in The Harbinger yesterday.

And that's delightful, but why tell people who DO have queues that you don't? That's like going into a cancer ward and telling the patients that you don't have cancer.

I mean, good for you and all. If only we were all so lucky.

I will give it a week or so after launch. If by then I am still in hour long queus then there will be no reason to play the game regardless how much i like it. If i only have a couple hours to play after work and half that time is in a queue then why play.

EGA hasn't cost you or I anything, so we're not "paying stresstesters".

You dont honestly think that EA does give you something for free right?

You have payed the 30 days gametime with the price you payed for the game box.

No matter, what you fail to realise is, that over nearly 300 somewhat pages people only say that it should be fixed because it has the potential to break the games neck if the Server Queue stays as it is and thats not EA or Bioware Bashing, it s a quite simple observation.

Add this Fact up to the point that they have spend a lot of money developing this game it means the need every Cent, the more people do not choose to play when they find a game in this state, the more money they do not earn and if too many people stay away or go away, the lights here go out in under 3 years or it will be free to play.

Even now, the preorder amount gives Bioware a huge profit.

I dont know the costs but if you have 500.000+ Players then this game is profitable. But it is not all about profit.

Believe me, server maintenance costs are out of subject here.

Server/Population = game world economy.

Population / Queue = overall customer happiness

So:

Server/ Gameworld Economy = overall customer happiness/Queue

I mean, the unhappiness created by the queue = Unhappiness of the weak world economy.

I think what is at stake here is to balance these issues.

You can have loads of servers with low pop. This makes a poor world economy. Poor world economy= expensive items in the market

Expensive items in the market = More farming.

More farming = Tedious work.

Long story short: The guys in Bioware are trying to balance these things...

But Guys... Seriously... 1000+ Queue... A little swiftness goes a long way.. And we are still in preorder phase...

What will happens in 20.12 and after Xmas?

Will we wait for 2K+ queue?

Regards

Edited by rahnbane

First off, so far, when in the game, I love it. Great job. But waiting for an hour and 26 minutes on Sunday to get back into game after being booted is not my idea of fun. Trying to log in @ 8 pm Saturday night and not actually getting in game till after 9 pm is unacceptable.

After today, I will be a paying customer. As a paying customer, I expect to play when I want to play. If servers are down for repairs, updates or maintenance, I can understand. But i will not pay for a product that i cannot use and if there is a queue that is over 5 minutes, well, thats a product I cant use and wont pay for.

Even off of peak times, The Swiftsure is apparently the 'unofficial' oceanic server. Turns our West coast server into one that is full basically 24/7. So when the other West coast servers are at queue times of 25mins, we're at 2 hours all the time.

Can we please give them their own servers and allow them to transfer off? This will only get worse when the rest of their friends join this week :\

Edited by loldotcom

So I was in the 2nd worst server there was. Twice I waited for over an hour and half to play this GD game. So we deleted our characters and started over.

Now we have a server that has very little queue. They better not jam up this freaking server so bad that we can't move again. LOL

I am going to be seriously pissed if all the work I did on this character becomes moot because of them not adding enough servers for the launch.

I have a daugther 11 moths and i can play only when she is sleeping or when she is playing with my wife if i can't wait 5 hours(real timing) to login cause i dont have it... please my friends are in this server just open migration to empty servers to play for fun whit my dudes.

I dont understand why they couldnt invest to increase the population in the servers that do exist rather then amke new ones......and be prepared to wait even longer once the game is released TONIGHT.....id rather pay my little brother to sit at my comp all day just to know that when i come home from work ill be able to play.....i think its ridiculous BW

I logged in at 17:00 yesterday and was able to play at 21:23. Thats 4 hours 23 minutes. It hurts but if it helps to spread population evenly on all servers throughout the week after launch i can live with it.

INB4NOLIFE: I called my wife from work at 17 to log in for me.