Regarding server queues

StephenReid

Funny that, I've never, ever run into an extremely long queue. Started on server 1 Thursday night, played for close to 36 hours now (that's played, not cheated by running into walls, etc), never once have I hit a long queue. I think the longest was 15 minutes, all on the same server

It all depends on WHEN you play them, not if you've played them.

Back in the day, Vanilla WoW had 30-45 minute queues, and sometimes longer. They still have them, with every single expansion. I can't remember my queues for EQ or EQ2.

This is a growth thing, they'll get there

Well, chances are he played every games at the same time. So you're saying crap.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These posts I am sure give us something to do in the queues. So I add mine after being dc'd by the game freezing crossing a bridge and even though I relog in right away I am back in the waiting game. Yes it sucks. Yes we all want to play. However the reduced server caps will aid the balancing of populations in the coming week so after launch the experience will be better. Do I feel cheated? Yes, a little, since I wanted the head start 5 days I was promised. Is it a game breaker and am I gonna throw a tantrum and storm off and quit. No.

There should have been more servers to start and existing guilds should have been spread out more but in truth a lot of non-guilded people are still marching into the already heavy and full servers so the general gaming population is causing the issue themselves. I still can not fathom as to why anyone specifically picks a server that clearly says full with a wait time to start on. As to some previous comments about unable to find groups, that on Shadow Hand hasn't been an issue. Lots of people and grouping all the time. Even Balmorra which was scantly populated during Beta most times is active. All in all keep the faith and given time this will work itself out.

My god....finally a person not insane

I don't who YOU think you are, but the money I threw into this game makes me as damn entitled to no ques as I want. I have a lvl 20, 14 and 10 on black reaper. I put DAYS into those characters so why the **** would I re-roll.

Tell you what then, since you want to go that route:

MY money entitles me to boot you into a queue every chance I can, simply because I paid for the CE, and setup a 6 month sub, not a simple month to month sub.

MONEY has nothing to do with this, whatsoever. You paid for a GAME. You didn't pay for the right to play with your friends. You didn't pay for a guarantee you'd be playing with your guildies. You paid for a GAME. Accept it, move the hell on.

Queued for the first time tonight. I took vacation time this past week so I could spend a few days just hanging out at home with the family and playing SWTOR.

I don't threaten to quit over every little thing but come tomorrow it's back to work for me. After tonight I'll only have a few hours here and there to play. If I have to wait in a queue for 45 minutes to play for 90 then yeah... I'll for sure quit. I won't even sub. Sorry :(

Stop lying you wont quit

Why would a casual to moderate player stick with this game... I have a family and a life so when I come to sit down at the puter to play a game I have a limited amount of time... in queue for over an hour now and that is not acceptible. A smooth launch this is not... mmmmmhhhhh.

I love the fact i have early access but, damn these server wait time are not good, by time game actualy launches ever server will have wait then add all the new access people and that make it worse.

I wont be happy if I have to wait 30 minutes to go on my server i started my character on if it still happen in month. Is there gona be fix or maybe even transfers alloud

i get server kicked on fatman server error code 9000 not sure why but i have spent a total of 12 hours over past two days in ques becuase it kicks me to server screen in middle of playing......... fix this or i dont see me playing this game too long :mad::mad:

Great game. Unfortunately, if the queues are like this when my month is up I will probably not subscribe.

The 4 person grouping has also caused considerable headache for our small guild. Our 5 person groups has been together for a long time. The 4 person limit really messes us up. <sigh>

Queues suck, not holding your position in the queue from a crash, or crashing in game and being booted to the back sucks worse. I can't imagine how someone must feel after waiting hours to get in, crash in 20 minutes, then have the option of waiting all of those hours again..

Completely ridiculous, someone dropped the ball on that one.

Why would a casual to moderate player stick with this game... I have a family and a life so when I come to sit down at the puter to play a game I have a limited amount of time... in queue for over an hour now and that is not acceptible. A smooth launch this is not... mmmmmhhhhh.

Do really really really really think this game will stay with all these queues? For god sakes people calm down

A 3 hour queue is one thing .... getting DQ'd 5 minutes after getting in is another. How can there not be a method in which there is some sort of 3 min grace period to log back in ?

With all of the preorders they knew they had plus the amount of sales they must have expected for early access, how could no one be prepared for this. This is just terrible planning, plain and simple.

My problem with this is that we did not choose this server. You chose this server for us (The Fatman), which has hour+ queues all weekend long.

I love this game, but you can't expect us to start new characters after 5 days of hard play because YOU failed to properly balance the servers when you had the chance.

There was no way we could have known that this would be the case from the first few days of early access, and after that its simply too late.

This problem needs to go away. 30 minutes tops is all that we should have to wait to play, and even that is a major inconvenience.

Do you really think things would have been any different if your guild had gotten together and chosen your own server?

Are guild transfers an option?

The servers are full even before launch. More people are going to join these servers to play with their friends that are already playing.

We as guilds and guild members did not get the choice of which servers we are playing on. We are at your mercy. I really hope that this game does not start out by screwing its primary customers, which is us.

Are the servers going to expand on the official launch date?

Are servers going to be locked?

Counter arguments have said that we are not even playing yet, that we are in pre-launch still. The problem is that we are now paying customers, pre-launch or not. I hope that Bioware figures something out soon.

I spent 55 min earlier. I got kicked off and had to wait an additional 60 min to get back in.

Please fix this so that we can only have positive things to say about this amazing game.

With all of the preorders they knew they had plus the amount of sales they must have expected for early access, how could no one be prepared for this. This is just terrible planning, plain and simple.

Well hopefully next time you're in charge so we can have a completely flawless launch.

Edited by Jaku

If Queue times are going to be a problem, please remove the modal aspect to the "Server Is Full" Modal window. I would like to scroll the server window while I wait.

Played Eve for years, I can station spin with the best of them, but I've got nothing to spin in TOR

Edited by DarthCodious

good thing its not launched yet then lmao - this is preorder access, there are artificial caps until this launch you speak of

Ive been working in the IT field for the last 10 years. the solution to this problem is simple. better load balancing and more clusters will allow for more people on the servers and wait times will be almost to zero.

However because i havnt worked at bio ware drove past in in Austin, TX i am not sure how they developed the server software. and that is the kicker it is all up to the serverside hardware/software to handle. so all im trying to say is this is inexcuseable and if it were to happen in the datacenter i have my equipment in i would be getting somone fired. BW you may need to fix this issue as to it is already driving people away! your about to have one more if this doesnt get fixed soon.