Have to get to 34 before July is out

Greyhaws

A friend of mine just went on holiday to the US for a month. His max toon is 34 and I promised I would get one of my guys to 34 before he got back. I started the game maybe three months after he did :D

Playing my consular I just dinged level 28 today on Tatooine, starting Alderaan. I'm finding it extremely difficult at the moment. I thought Tatooine was hard but Alderaan is even worse.

I think I've got used to Qyzen in as much as I know if he has his AOE's on auto I'm dead because he disrupts my crowd control. I really am not sure Tharan is any use at all? I'm in Light armour, I cant tank a womp rat let alone a heavily armed adversary and on Alderaan it seems Elite mobs are de rigeur. Not sure why I even have Tharan tbh.

My next highest toon is 22 so I've outleveled the crafters in my little group so relying really on drops and quest rewards for gear.

It doesnt help that there are so few players on my server. The other night I was the only player on Tatooine, all night. So I've not been able to do any heroic stuff either, I have 0 social points because there are no groups. I tell a lie, I got a group on Nar Shadaa but they quit before handing in the quest I already had so I got not social on handin :(

Finding things to be really tough at the moment :(

If you're not using Theran you should be! He doesn't break your CC's like Qyzen does and he uses Holiday to CC for a few seconds as well. Oh! And he heals!! fights take longer for him if you are tank specced but as an Infiltrator your fights should be very short!

TBH, I only use Nadia or Theran. Theran for Elites and Champions when I know I'm going to need the heals and Nadia for Elites and mixed mobs. She does great DPS!

If you're not using Theran you should be! He doesn't break your CC's like Qyzen does and he uses Holiday to CC for a few seconds as well.

Alderaan is where stuff gets hard.

If you click on the + (or is it - ?) icon in your companion window it opens up a full hotbar with all their skills. If you right click a skill you can check it on and off so that they don't use it. It's a good idea to un-check all of Qyzen's AOE attacks and assign them hotkeys. This means he'll never do them when you are CCing mobs but you can still hit a key to have him lay down a nice AOE taunt if you want.

Same goes for Theran. Sometimes Holiday is a nice free interrupt, but if you have overlevelled the content you really just want him to fire with his blaster instead.

If you are a healer, you probably want to use Qyzen (remember, he is an AIM melee tank, give him AIM gear, not STR gear!) If you are a Shadow, Theran should make things easy-peasy-George-and-Weasy-sauce.

The first question is, are you a Sage or Shadow? Depending on which one you are, your choice of companion might change. Sages benefit greatly from having Qyzen out, as he holds aggro while you sit back and burn your targets from long range and keep Qyzen healed. You can manually disable his AoE's so he doesn't break CC as well.

If you're a Shadow, then Tharan will be quite useful, as you have no self-healing other than medpacs, and he can use Holiday to CC for a short time.

Hello,

EDIT/BRIEF

For me Alderaan was a bottleneck of sorts as well (even "complained" on the forums). For the first time we get hostile groups with two Strongs regularly. On later planets things will be tame again.

Focus on getting accuracy modifications for your gear, [and learn] to get those CCs to stick.

If you can do Alderaan you can get thru the later content just fine.

Earlier Posting

are you are Seer or a Shadow?

As a Sage (Healer/Balance) I finished Chapter 1 at level 30, and Chapter 3 at level 46. Before 45 you can do stuff three levels stronger than you ; past 45 it's four levels.

The Crowd-Control prowess is what makes our Class so powerful. - If you use an AOE-companion this will be difficult to take advantage of. On the other hand, not using all abilities on your companions stunts their dps.

Equipping accuracy based gear helps with resists against CC and interrupts. Interrupting at the right moment is very important against self-healing enemies.

Theran rocks against single tough enemies. When Holliday is doing the mesmerizing dance you must not break that, but instead heal yourself or at least let Theran heal you. ^^

On the other hand, he's very boring for trash mobs. x.x

When the class quest would go "red" I'd backrack TWO planets and do the bonus series there. I used Felix (Lt Irroso- Hoth) for that. - less useless running around than with a melee tank. Also use the "attack" command for your companion to tell them where to strike (e.g. not the lifted enemies).

For gear: Personally I skilled Artifice. That gets me always a good light saber, as well as "enhancements" for everything. Next xou should focus on getting all orange (customizeable) armor. For 2 commendations each you can get the "Mods" modification for your equipment. - The "armoring" modifications are the expensive ones (7 commendations), so you have to upgrade slowly on them.

While leveling I went for endurance, power, accuracy.

It was slightly startling to see how quickly low level critical enhancements do sell at low levels. BUT, I think these are not good at early levels.

Regards,

A

Edited by Asfrid

A friend of mine just went on holiday to the US for a month. His max toon is 34 and I promised I would get one of my guys to 34 before he got back. I started the game maybe three months after he did :D

Playing my consular I just dinged level 28 today on Tatooine, starting Alderaan. I'm finding it extremely difficult at the moment. I thought Tatooine was hard but Alderaan is even worse.

I think I've got used to Qyzen in as much as I know if he has his AOE's on auto I'm dead because he disrupts my crowd control. I really am not sure Tharan is any use at all? I'm in Light armour, I cant tank a womp rat let alone a heavily armed adversary and on Alderaan it seems Elite mobs are de rigeur. Not sure why I even have Tharan tbh.

My next highest toon is 22 so I've outleveled the crafters in my little group so relying really on drops and quest rewards for gear.

It doesnt help that there are so few players on my server. The other night I was the only player on Tatooine, all night. So I've not been able to do any heroic stuff either, I have 0 social points because there are no groups. I tell a lie, I got a group on Nar Shadaa but they quit before handing in the quest I already had so I got not social on handin :(

Finding things to be really tough at the moment :(

If I was having trouble on a planet, I spent a day or two on the previous planet doing heroics/ or on the fleet doing flashpoints or PvP, doing your space dailies too you earn some decent credits and xp, ideally I liked to be 2 levels ahead of the planet, my brother prefers 8 levels :p

One thing that helps a lot is being cybertech. The cybertech trainer sells blue droid armor recipes directly. That means you don't have to waste materials researching them, and it is very cheap to craft a full blue armor suit for your steward droid.

C2-N2, when fully equipped in best blue armor for his level, can tank two elite mobs long enough for you to kill a 3rd one. He does little damage, but being a healer(who keeps healing himself) in heavy armor, he is practically indestructible for any equal-level mobs.

Works like this. You attack one mob in a pack. The whole pack aggroes you. You take damage. C2-N2 heals you. The whole pack except the one mob you originally attacked now goes to beat on the poor droid. He keeps healing himself, holding aggro quite well from those heals. You can comfortably kill the one enemy and pull another one.

Basically, you only ever have to fight one mob at a time, all the way to level 50. (I have a screenshot of my gunsligner dinging level 50 with C2 standing next to her :))

One thing that helps a lot is being cybertech. The cybertech trainer sells blue droid armor recipes directly. That means you don't have to waste materials researching them, and it is very cheap to craft a full blue armor suit for your steward droid.

C2-N2, when fully equipped in best blue armor for his level, can tank two elite mobs long enough for you to kill a 3rd one. He does little damage, but being a healer(who keeps healing himself) in heavy armor, he is practically indestructible for any equal-level mobs.

Works like this. You attack one mob in a pack. The whole pack aggroes you. You take damage. C2-N2 heals you. The whole pack except the one mob you originally attacked now goes to beat on the poor droid. He keeps healing himself, holding aggro quite well from those heals. You can comfortably kill the one enemy and pull another one.

Basically, you only ever have to fight one mob at a time, all the way to level 50. (I have a screenshot of my gunsligner dinging level 50 with C2 standing next to her :))

People screenshot getting to level 50 :/?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.