HK-51: Minimum of 1 Empire and 1 Republic Toon On Same Server to Unlock

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about players who have 8 maxed out toons on a single faction? do you mean to say if i want this companion i have to delete characters Ive worked hard to get to 50? because that's just not fair. At least when you implement this droid companion in game give everybody additional character slots for people like me with an already full server, thanks!

Look at your character select screen after this weeks patch. The character select box has been rescaled, clearly to allow at least 4 additional characters before the box outgrows the screen again. ;) So whether it's patched for more characters before the locked servers are emptied, or it's after freemium launches and they sell character slots, MORE SLOTs are coming.

Ok...

So why do you want an assassin droid in the first place then? Isn't THAT unredeeming too?

Morality isn't black and white in real life, and it isn't in SWTOR either.

I have a Sith Companion also but not really my favorite to use or talk to but he behaves no better then HK-51 would.

I also have lots of speeders I never use. I just object to being told I have to go Dark Side when I do not want to.

I should have a choice in this as I am a Founder and PAY TO PLAY.

LOL the whole Dark Side is based on hate of everyone including allies. They have no morals at all.

Dark side would kill anyone including mothers to get ahead. Light side Sith is LOL silly and not even possible.

It even sounds insane.

It's not though. :) You even meet a few that are the same on the way.

I have a Sith Companion also but not really my favorite to use or talk to but he behaves no better then HK-51 would.

I also have lots of speeders I never use. I just object to being told I have to go Dark Side when I do not want to.

I should have a choice in this as I am a Founder and PAY TO PLAY.

But you keep saying you want nothing to do with evil characters. Thus, your choice SHOULD be that you don't want HK-51 anyway.

That's kinda disappointing to me. It sounds like, unless you're decked out in head to toe black hole gear, and are a lord of OPS, you won't get an HK.

My hubby and I play solo, or together alot...maybe with one other friend we have in real life. Everything we have we've worked very hard to get, and we don't do OPS or FPs. We don't mind having to do long complicated things to achieve something, we like the challenge, we're just not group oriented people. It sucks that we might be denied a chance to earn the new thing, unless we're into group stuff..so yeah, disappointing.:(

How did you get this impression? I don't think that is what has been said at all. It will be challenging, but I have only heard that you need one character at max lvl and one of the opposing faction at around mid-lvl. Nothing about a specific gear-requirement at all.

Well thats flat out crap. I have a Republic server and a Imperial server, simply because whats the point of cluttering up a server with alts that can't help each other in terms of crafting/items/money?

I have the exact same thing, but maybe for a different reason.

I do different servers for each faction so I don't switch to the other faction and kill every stupid moron I encounter on my current faction. Seriously, it's good to have separation.

It's BS that they want to force all my toon factions on a given server to get legacy rewards.

Edited by Magyarian

Also, one only need to get a char up to mid-lvl on the opposing side in order to unlock it. There is no requirement to keep that character around after that if one doesn't want to. Much the same thing as lvl:ing a class that you have no intention of playing in order to get the class-buff in PvP. After it is unlocked, simply delete this character if you do not wish to play empire or republic.

I have no problem with the requirements.

You can have either a good republic player or an evil one. The same is true for Imp side.

By requiring a player to have chars on both sides, they are promoting server balance.

And it promotes players to play more than one toon also, which increases playability, leave it with just one char requirement and it lessens the concept.

Edited by Dein_Cathair