[Serious Complaint] Allow WH Gear To be Interchangable

DkSharktooth

TL;DR - Allow WH gear of the same class to be interchangable. This will prevent many tickets to customer service who will be asked to restore items everytime BW makes a patch that requires people to change their gear stats. Example: Wow had a 2hr trade-back feature in case you made a mistake or changed your mind, except this might have to be indefinate or only turned on when class changes are made.

-----

I play a BH Merc and I am currently on the PTS testing stuff.

For my dps set, I have full WH gear augmented. I planned my gear set to be at 100% accuracy then the rest would be crit surge and such.

Now, in PTS 1.3 BH Mercs lost our 3% accuracy talent for 30% armorpen on railshot/unload.

In Patch 1.3 my accuracy is 97%, and you're telling me that I have to re-grind another piece of battlemaster weapon to turn into another grind for WH accuracy weapon, then another grind for warhero accuracy earpiece just to get back to 100% accuracy?

This is unacceptable, you cannot just do this willy-nilly. When you make changes like this you have to implement a trade-in system where we can switch warhero pieces for other warhero pieces of the same class. You are also seemingly rewarding players who just purchased all the accuracy gear instead of min maxed and now the people who put literally no extra effort get to laugh at everyone who min maxed after getting 100% accuracy and have to regrind their gear.

If I am going to be forced to re-grind another 50 games, i'd rather have the gear go towards my healing set.

Please Fix!

My Current PvP Gear Stats:

http://i.imgur.com/6oBcg.jpg

Edited by DkSharktooth

Wow=

1. Get arena rating

2. get gear based on your rating

3. buy sockets/enchants

4. DONE!

Swtor=

1. get Recruit

.2 upgrade to Battlemaster

.3 GRIND GRIND GRIND, upgrade to War Hero

.4 Re-grind battlemaster

.5 Re-grind War Hero

.6 Spend 6875 warzone coms to buy a single item for a single mod/enhancement

.7 DONE!...jk still have to grind more mods/enhancements lol

Just make all Armorings/mods/enhancements with a wider range of stats and able to purchase for 1/3 the cost of a piece of gear thus buying a Armor/mod/enh would be equivalent to buying an item just raising the ARMORING value slightly based on which piece of armor it corresponds to.

I love this game, i am over wow and have been for a while and ill say its an MMO of course its going to be somewhat repetitive but this just feels over the top now.

didnt think about this, but now that i do definitely a valid point. bioware if your going to change/remove tree talents that affect stats. you need to take into consideration the people that do move mods around to get the best possible stats.

screwing them over and forcing them to re grind everything because you want to cater to the people that dont put the time and effort into this is gut wrenching to the players and makes them angry and potentially unsubb :/

3% accuracy loss is what you whine about? Try having to reroll another class because your full war hero assassin got nerfed in to uselessness. (Useless in the sense that it can not performe any task better then another class now, i.e not worth taking to a ranked warzone)

3% accuracy loss is what you whine about? Try having to reroll another class because your full war hero assassin got nerfed in to uselessness. (Useless in the sense that it can not performe any task better then another class now, i.e not worth taking to a ranked warzone)

Assassins are far from useless for ranked wz's. Stealth classes are a big bonus especially for sneak capping a base and sapping people.

I am not QQing about a 3% accuracy loss. The problem is that I have to completely regrind a new gear set to get back to 100% accuracy based on class changes BW implemented for the exact same season.

Edited by DkSharktooth

HAHAHAHA. sorry, nobody cares about the fotm crowd.

I play a BH Merc and I am currently on the PTS testing stuff.

For my dps set, I have full WH gear augmented. I planned my gear set to be at 100% accuracy then the rest would be crit surge and such.

Now, in PTS 1.3 BH Mercs lost our 3% accuracy talent for 30% armorpen on railshot/unload.

My accuracy is now 97% and you're telling me that I have to re-grind another piece of battlemaster weapon to turn into another grind for WH accuracy weapon, then another grind for warhero accuracy earpiece just to get back to 100% accuracy?

This is unacceptable, you cannot just do this willy-nilly. When you make changes like this you have to implement a trade-in system where we can switch warhero pieces for other warhero pieces of the same class. You are also seemingly rewarding players who just purchased all the accuracy gear instead of min maxed and now the people who put literally no extra effort get to laugh at everyone who min maxed after getting 100% accuracy and have to regrind their gear.

If I am going to be forced to re-grind another 50 games, i'd rather have the gear go towards my healing set.

Please Fix!

TL;DR - Allow WH gear of the same class to be interchangable. This will prevent many tickets to customer service. Example: Wow had a 2hr trade-back feature in case you made a mistake or changed your mind, except this might have to be indefinate or only turned on when class changes are made.

How did you manage to get into these stats without swapping mods from another gear? Most Wh pieces have accuracy in them so you must have allready grinded multiple sets to swap mods, where are all those pieces that had accuracy in them? You're getting a 30% armor penetration for 2 main attacks from a tier 1 skill and youre complaining about 3% accuracy lost? Seriously theres more important things to be adressed than this.

Oh and btw you're self-healing is nerfed too by 4% if you go healer, how you gonna deal with that?

How did you manage to get into these stats without swapping mods from another gear? Most Wh pieces have accuracy in them so you must have allready grinded multiple sets to swap mods, where are all those pieces that had accuracy in them? You're getting a 30% armor penetration for 2 main attacks from a tier 1 skill and youre complaining about 3% accuracy lost? Seriously theres more important things to be adressed than this.

Oh and btw you're self-healing is nerfed too by 4% if you go healer, how you gonna deal with that?

You are completely missing the point.

The problem is not buffs or nerfs. I don't care for those, what happens happens.

The problem is that I have to grind like 2-3 new pieces of gear in order to get my stats back into what I have now. My Earpiece, my offhand weapon don't have accuracy off the top of my head. Regrinding a WH weapon would include grinding the BM weapon, THEN grinding for the WH weapon. Just don't make people have to get 2 sets of the same gear, that's just not fair. If BW changes classes, they should allow us to trade in gear to accommodate for new stat changes.

Edited by DkSharktooth

The problem is not buffs or nerfs. I don't care for those, what happens happens.

The problem is that I have to grind like 2-3 new pieces of gear in order to get my stats back into what I have now. My Earpiece, my offhand weapon don't have accuracy off the top of my head. Regrinding a WH weapon would include grinding the BM weapon, THEN grinding for the WH weapon. Just don't make people have to get 2 sets of the same gear, that's just not fair. If BW changes classes, they should allow us to trade in gear to accommodate for new stat changes.

What happened to all your mods/armor inserts from the warhero gear? You obviously pulled them out, and replaced them(I have done so aswell), but I'm only have wh and my accuracy is well beyond where it needs to be. Did you sell the accuracy mods you pulled out?

I've been dumping off accuracy and am still at 104% so you must be high in one area, either your crit chance, or surge is a tad bit high, just pull an augment and throw in an accuracy mod, I'm sure their dirt cheap(no ones ever looking for accuracy lol)

Edited by williambr

You still didnt answer the question about how you managed to get into those stats without swapping mods? I have 107% accuracy with 104 accuracy rating and I'm using 58 enhacment on my gloves and black hole enhacment in my headpiece to lower my accuracy so you either have swapped some mods around to get to that 100% accuracy and should have the accuracy mods somewhere or you're just trolling. Also grinding a new weapon would be useless as the gun dosn't have accuracy in it. Earpiece then again has and it is one the most easieast pieces to get and you dont need a BM piece to get it.

You still didnt answer the question about how you managed to get into those stats without swapping mods? I have 107% accuracy with 104 accuracy rating and I'm using 58 enhacment on my gloves and black hole enhacment in my headpiece to lower my accuracy so you either have swapped some mods around to get to that 100% accuracy and should have the accuracy mods somewhere or you're just trolling. Also grinding a new weapon would be useless as the gun dosn't have accuracy in it. Earpiece then again has and it is one the most easieast pieces to get and you dont need a BM piece to get it.

Prior to these changes, the Combat Tech mainhand is better than the Eliminator mainhand because it had surge instead of accuracy (I believe). Point is, it has less accuracy. Same goes for ear, I believe. If they change this, then we will need the accuracy. This means we will have regrind a BM Eliminator mainhand, then grind enough comms to trade for a WH Eliminators.

He has a completely valid point and I'm in the same boat. No mods need to removed. That's just how the BH gear is itemized, I believe. I'm not in full WH but I know for sure about the Combat Tech mainhand as I also have the same one (surge instead of accuracy).

My PVP Gear Stats:

No mods/enhancements have been swapped from original gear

Edited by DkSharktooth

My PVP Gear Stats:

No mods/enhancements have been swapped from original gear

Well, if you've got those stats without need of grinding extra gear you should be happy bout it. I went a bit different way and in order to achieve the stats I wanted I had to buy multiple bm pieces to swap the mods around and then after 1.2 I had to do it all again to wh gear. If 3% accuracy is really that significant to you just grind few more pieces, with valor 90 I would assume you allready got some extra tokens lying around.

Prior to these changes, the Combat Tech mainhand is better than the Eliminator mainhand because it had surge instead of accuracy (I believe). Point is, it has less accuracy. Same goes for ear, I believe. If they change this, then we will need the accuracy. This means we will have regrind a BM Eliminator mainhand, then grind enough comms to trade for a WH Eliminators.

He has a completely valid point and I'm in the same boat. No mods need to removed. That's just how the BH gear is itemized, I believe. I'm not in full WH but I know for sure about the Combat Tech mainhand as I also have the same one (surge instead of accuracy).

This is exactly what I am referring to.

If you have set power/surge/crit/accuracy targets that are achievable without mod-swapping you are lucky. As a Sorc I have already ground out 5 new WH pieces ( + BM) for the enhancement swapping and 2 new WH pieces (+ BM) for the mods. Still have 2 more WH piecs to go for the mods.

It really is not such a major issue. The base itemization of the gear is not what a lot of people want so you would have to min-max it anyway to get the best out of your gear (i.e. extra WH pieces). Figure out what power/crit/surge level you want to hit and make a plan to achieve those along with the 3% accuracy if possible. Typically (35% Crit/75% Surge). It will be even less of a grind with ranked war zone comms.

They are buffing your class up and you are complaining about having to grind one or two extra pieces for the 3% accuracy loss? :D

If you have set power/surge/crit/accuracy targets that are achievable without mod-swapping you are lucky. As a Sorc I have already ground out 5 new WH pieces ( + BM) for the enhancement swapping and 2 new WH pieces (+ BM) for the mods. Still have 2 more WH piecs to go for the mods.

It really is not such a major issue. The base itemization of the gear is not what a lot of people want so you would have to min-max it anyway to get the best out of your gear (i.e. extra WH pieces). Figure out what power/crit/surge level you want to hit and make a plan to achieve those along with the 3% accuracy if possible. Typically (35% Crit/75% Surge). It will be even less of a grind with ranked war zone comms.

They are buffing your class up and you are complaining about having to grind one or two extra pieces for the 3% accuracy loss? :D

This is not a 1 time thing they are doing, nor is it the 1st time they are making changes like this. It's not fair to all classes when they make changes that make everyone have to re-grind gear all the time. A trade-back or trade-in system has to be implemented to combat class changes.

Point and case, I shouldn't have to re-grind to get the same stats/gear I already grinded for.

where is 'the grind'? I can see why you'd not like this change but to whine about it is bazaar. Were you not planning on playing WZs anymore? I guess you could argue you'd use the coms for something else but I fail to see a substantial problem here.

This is not a 1 time thing they are doing, nor is it the 1st time they are making changes like this. It's not fair to all classes when they make changes that make everyone have to re-grind gear all the time. A trade-back or trade-in system has to be implemented to combat class changes.

I have had to grind 2 sets at EVERY level!

1 for the set bonus and 1 for the mods benefits.

For a Merc/Pyro, all 4 sets suck.

They seem to be specifically designed for the 4 special classes without any consideration to my class.

I end up with 2 pieces from 1 set and 2 from another with the 5th not mattering.

It also sucks to have some blue and some green armor pieces.

The ability to have your pieces match your chest work better for some combinations than others.

The fact that the armoring holds the set bonus now helps some but I still need to pieces to make 1.

I have had to grind 2 sets at EVERY level!

1 for the set bonus and 1 for the mods benefits.

For a Merc/Pyro, all 4 sets suck.

They seem to be specifically designed for the 4 special classes without any consideration to my class.

I end up with 2 pieces from 1 set and 2 from another with the 5th not mattering.

It also sucks to have some blue and some green armor pieces.

The ability to have your pieces match your chest work better for some combinations than others.

The fact that the armoring holds the set bonus now helps some but I still need to pieces to make 1.

You want the set bonus from Eliminator as a merc pyro....

What of the other mods you change?

Did you try raising a ticket in game?? Would be the logical thing before QQ in front of bunch of strangers, though I suspect you prefer to QQ than actually use the obvious channels.....For the record I have had BW change gear that I bought weeks earlier by raising a ticket, at the time the CS response was they were happy to do it provided i wasn't an habitual offender.