Constantly bad luck or a bug?

dermitni

Hi there!

First of, in general I love playing my Jedi Sage and with now level 37 I even have some good-looking gear. Alas, most of this gear I had to buy on GTN because in ~90% of all PVE loot drops all I get are either weapons/armor for other classes like medium armor, sniper rifles etc.; or it is stuff I _could_ use if I switched completely from Lightside to Darkside; or it is stuff for sages that are 20 levels below me. Am I the only one experiencing this? Is it just bad luck for me or is this a bug?

Cheers, Niko

Hi there!

First of, in general I love playing my Jedi Sage and with now level 37 I even have some good-looking gear. Alas, most of this gear I had to buy on GTN because in ~90% of all PVE loot drops all I get are either weapons/armor for other classes like medium armor, sniper rifles etc.; or it is stuff I _could_ use if I switched completely from Lightside to Darkside; or it is stuff for sages that are 20 levels below me. Am I the only one experiencing this? Is it just bad luck for me or is this a bug?

Cheers, Niko

im pretty sure its bad luck. i get a fair share of eq i cant use as well.. specially when i run fps. i highly doubt it is a bug though, just luck of the draw

Sounds like bad luck. But don't bother buying stuff from the gtn while leveling. Just use quest gear and items bought with planetary commendations.

What he said.

If you are doing your quests, you should not have to buy any gear from the GTN. Granted you can if you want and the stats are generally better, but even without drops, you should get all the equipment you need from quest rewards.

As far as random drops go, it is just a matter of luck. I tend to hardly ever get stuff I can use as well. The off chance something purple drops I end up giving to guidlies since it is never for my class.

Edited by HelinCarnate

it's the law of the RPG, stuff you need never drops :D

maybe they upp the 'lucky shot' number, people on other forums actually claim bioware has already done that because the game is dying and they need to keep people happy .... lol

Like I said, I don't have any problems getting my gear on other channels/ways, but whenever an enemy drops something "randomly", it seems to be not meant for me. And after reading your answers and a little bit in the rest of the forums, it seems as if it _is_ common to have bad luck. Oh well, at least I get to sell a lot of stuff... :)