Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Possible transfer problem???

Phinion

So everyone is excited that 1.3 (apparently) will be on PTS servers tomorrow. This means that the update should be only a couple weeks away. They have stated that they want the transfers to be perfect and not have any problems... so I have a couple questioins.

BW... Have you thought about how you are going to handle the thousands of transfer requests you will more than likely see on the first day? Will the characters be transfered in a couple days to a week from request date like other games?

You do know that you will be flooded with requests and people do not want to wait 3 weeks for a transfer or hear the word "soon" in their CS reply? At least I hope you know that.

BW... Have you thought about how you are going to handle the thousands of transfer requests you will more than likely see on the first day?

No, I'm quite sure that you're the only person to think of this issue, and that nothing of the sort ever occurred to any one at BW. :rolleyes:

Hope they thought about this one. Would hate to wait 3 weeks or something for a toon transfer.

You will be TOLD what server you are ALLOWED to go to. And they are trying to automate it, so you can go to your DICTATED server at will is my understanding.

So everyone is excited that 1.3 (apparently) will be on PTS servers tomorrow. This means that the update should be only a couple weeks away. They have stated that they want the transfers to be perfect and not have any problems... so I have a couple questioins.

BW... Have you thought about how you are going to handle the thousands of transfer requests you will more than likely see on the first day? Will the characters be transfered in a couple days to a week from request date like other games?

You do know that you will be flooded with requests and people do not want to wait 3 weeks for a transfer or hear the word "soon" in their CS reply? At least I hope you know that.

You should work for BW !! I am sure they have not thought of any of the things you listed !!

I understand the sarcasm, but when bioware hasnt been willing to share any info regarding the subject.... I think its fair that the OP voices his concerns. If Bioware had been more willing to be open about things, then Questions like this wouldnt have to be asked.

I understand the sarcasm, but when bioware hasnt been willing to share any info regarding the subject.... I think its fair that the OP voices his concerns. If Bioware had been more willing to be open about things, then Questions like this wouldnt have to be asked.

Sharing or not sharing info would have nothing to do with "Have you thought about how character transfers will work?" ...

Sharing or not sharing info would have nothing to do with "Have you thought about how character transfers will work?" ...

LOL his concerns were more specific than that. Is it not ok to ask? Its not our fault bioware refuses to discuss anything lol.

LOL his concerns were more specific than that. Is it not ok to ask? Its not our fault bioware refuses to discuss anything lol.

Which is why I am asking. I want to play the game and want info. Since they fix a bug in this game and cause 5 more (sarcasm) to appear I would not hold back that they have not thought about this one and really do not want to wait for over a week for a trasnfer to happen.

I have toons on Fatman already, might want to bring over others if I know they would get there in a timely manner.

Which is why I am asking. I want to play the game and want info. Since they fix a bug in this game and cause 5 more (sarcasm) to appear I would not hold back that they have not thought about this one and really do not want to wait for over a week for a trasnfer to happen.

Yes, because you are so much smarter than the entire development team, and you could write a game that has no bugs ever. The fact that they have had some major fails in their QA doesn't mean that they don't know of problems; it's ridiculously arrogant of you to think that you are somehow more considerate or knowledgeable than an entire team of CS & development staff.

I have toons on Fatman already, might want to bring over others if I know they would get there in a timely manner.

You know I really want to know where these piles and piles of bugs are. Honestly. The ones I've seen are so minor I don't get the doom and gloom.

When server transfers happen the system will be automated, quick, and be directed at certain servers to ensure healthy population.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.