Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

What will happen to my buffs?

RiP_AzaZeL

after I transfer a character to another server, will i lose the buffs i get from having leveld the other classes? this is kind of important to me as it helps in WZ's and in open world.

I'd like to know this too.

I'd assume for the initial free transfers it'd be fine if you just moved all your characters to a new server and didn't leave any behind.

No word on what will happen if you only move some of them though.

If you have 4 characters, one of each class, and move 2 of them to a new server and leave 2 where they are...do you only take the buffs of the two you brought with you? All 4? What about the ones you left behind?

Those are legacy buffs so it all depends on if your legacy is transferred.

To Be Determined.

ah... so no real answer yet then. thanks for your response.

i assumed thats whats taking them so long to get these transfers done, since character transfers worked for other regions before legacy came out.

I'd like to know this too.

I'd assume for the initial free transfers it'd be fine if you just moved all your characters to a new server and didn't leave any behind.

No word on what will happen if you only move some of them though.

If you have 4 characters, one of each class, and move 2 of them to a new server and leave 2 where they are...do you only take the buffs of the two you brought with you? All 4? What about the ones you left behind?

yeah... it would be really sad to find out that all the time i put in leveling my alts would kind of be made useless becuase im forced to transfer.

it's already been said by the devs that their plan is to have nobody lose any unlocks.

so unless there is some kind of conflict that they can't solve, that's the way it'll be.

oh... where did they say this? a link would be helpful.

Thanks!

yeah... it would be really sad to find out that all the time i put in leveling my alts would kind of be made useless becuase im forced to transfer.

I'll second that it has been confirmed by the Devs that they intend to transfer everything you've unlocked. They have not given specifics, but it is their intention that even if you have a legacy of different levels on both your original server and the new one you transfer to, you will lose nothing.

it's already been said by the devs that their plan is to have nobody lose any unlocks.

This is essentially your answer.

Log onto a character you play, look through their Legacy page. Every Imperial Class unlock, every Republic class unlock, every species unlock, every Other unlock that you have unlocked. All of these things are connected to the character you are on. If you deleted every other character you have and transfered the one you are on right now to a different server, all those unlocks will still be there. That is the intended plan.

They want to make it so that no matter what you do, you will not lose the legacy things you have unlocked on a character. Unless you plan to delete every character you have at the same time, you will keep everything you have, even if they change servers.

This is essentially your answer.

Log onto a character you play, look through their Legacy page. Every Imperial Class unlock, every Republic class unlock, every species unlock, every Other unlock that you have unlocked. All of these things are connected to the character you are on. If you deleted every other character you have and transfered the one you are on right now to a different server, all those unlocks will still be there. That is the intended plan.

They want to make it so that no matter what you do, you will not lose the legacy things you have unlocked on a character. Unless you plan to delete every character you have at the same time, you will keep everything you have, even if they change servers.

makes perfect sense. thanks!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.