Commando's Helmet

Brodehouse

Hi! Is there a custom version (orange moddable) of the green Commando's Helmet model? It's one of the first helmets you get, it's a brushed leather military cap with lifted goggles and large ear pieces. It's the coolest thing I've ever seen.

http://db.darthhater.com/items/34175/commandos_helmet/

This is my favorite piece of armor in The Old Republic. This is my favorite character in The Old Republic. My next toon will be named Commando'Shelmet. I want to wear this helmet forever. BioWare, please make my dreams come true and make Commando's Helmet viable in operations. I mean look at it!

Well this simply will not stand. Pretenders have tried to sully the name of Commando's Helmet and I will not tolerate it! Green Commando's Helmet is the best looking thing BioWare have ever put together after Varric's chest hair. I think fans of Commando's Helmet need to stand up and make BioWare realize the wasted potential of giving us only a few hours to enjoy everything Commando's Helmet brings to the game.

I'm guessing your taste leans sort of toward the retro, which is kewl, of course. Commando's helmet reminds me of the headgear of the Afrika Korps (WWII).

I handed mine down to Aric as soon as I got the next one, as he was at that point bare-headed. His scowl underneath that cap made it look to me like he was uncomfortable wearing it, or slightly p.o.'ed.

The one right after the Commando's Helmet, with the mirrored shades looks pretty b*d*ss to me.

I'm guessing your taste leans sort of toward the retro, which is kewl, of course. Commando's helmet reminds me of the headgear of the Afrika Korps.

I really like my military to be spit-polish and inspection ready. A lot of the helmets I'm getting now are plasticy looking, which is why I liked that Commando's Helmet is a polished leather cap with the tech elements added on. I also really liked the body pieces that were leathery and ceremonial looking with the fabric battle dress.

Can I replace Aric with a sentient Commando's Helmet? Or how about all of Havoc Squad? Me and 5 floating Commando's Helmets are truly the most dangerous unit in the galaxy. Heck, take me out of the equation, replace me with Commando's Helmet.

I really like my military to be spit-polish and inspection ready. A lot of the helmets I'm getting now are plasticy looking, which is why I liked that Commando's Helmet is a polished leather cap with the tech elements added on. I also really liked the body pieces that were leathery and ceremonial looking with the fabric battle dress.

Can I replace Aric with a sentient Commando's Helmet? Or how about all of Havoc Squad? Me and 5 floating Commando's Helmets are truly the most dangerous unit in the galaxy. Heck, take me out of the equation, replace me with Commando's Helmet.

I think you might be a little off your rocker, but it's awesome!! Well, it doesn't stand up to Commando's Helmet, but you know what I'm saying... :D

I handed mine down to Aric as soon as I got the next one, as he was at that point bare-headed. His scowl underneath that cap made it look to me like he was uncomfortable wearing it, or slightly p.o.

Lol, I thought the same thing. I made him wear it after he talked some smack to me. I thought it was great that he looked po'd about having to wear it.

I hated the look of it.

• 1 month later...

For the life of me I cant remember where I got Commando's Helmet. My son just rolled a trooper and keeps pestering me where to find it. I seem to recall it being a quest reward but I'll be damned if I can find where it drops

Help before he drives me nuts!

Edited by BigDaddyBigD

Never fear, the armor goes from platicy looking to shiny polished glass later in the game. Though a sentient Commando's Helmet replacing Jorgan... GENIUS!!

• 1 month later...

As a side note related to Reid Gandon, does anyone know who voices that character? He's got a very pleasing voice (hint-romantic companion-hint, BioWare), and reads well. They should've given him a larger role, in my humble opinion.

Okay, back to your regularly-scheduled gear discussion, already in progress. :)