Timeframe for pre-1.3 free transfers and patch 1.3

Hmille

So I had heard somewhere that patch 1.3 has to be released before the end of the quarter, meaning June 30. I also hear that the free transfer rollouts come before 1.3, putting them between 2-3 weeks from now. Does anyone think that this is likely? I was hoping that tonight's maintenance was for the PTS, but i'm not so sure. We'll find out in the morning anyways.

it hits pts very soon .. and i can not see testing taking a long time considering they cant test the transfers on the pts.. the rest of the content is small ( they already admitted it) so testing could realistically be done in a week or two.

so if it launches within a week.. the 30th is doable.

You heard this where?

Rockjaw... back when he still worked for Bioware.

@Rockjaw Should we expect more info on 1.3 this weekend.

@svnstrslm Expect quite a bit more info, probably next week.

@Rockjaw Will there be an auto group finder and server transfers in 1.3?

@phollingworth Yes and yes.

@phollingworth In fact one of those will likely be before 1.3.

https://twitter.com/#!/Rockjaw/status/203130565019439104

There was also a CSR message here on the forums saying 1.3 and server transfers weren't linked and as such, server transfers should be happening before 1.3. I haven't found that quote yet. And ofc, that was a while ago, things change.

This line intentionally left blank

Edited by Woetoo

Rockjaw... back when he still worked for Bioware.

There was also a CSR message here on the forums saying 1.3 and server transfers weren't linked and as such, server transfers should be happening before 1.3. I haven't found that quote yet. And ofc, that was a while ago, things change.

I don't see either of these sources mentioning a hard deadline of June 30th.

I don't see either of these sources mentioning a hard deadline of June 30th.

Neither did. Neither will. You couldn't get a Bioware spokesperson to commit to the colour of the sky if asked - so never expect firm dates to be ever mentioned. Welcome to the world of "Soon™".

I was saying there is evidence that server transfers (at least at one point) were planned to happen before 1.3 is launched.

As for the 30th. That's just speculation combined with wishful thinking.

Edited by Woetoo

Yep, I knew I was right about PTS having to come online really soon. I just figured it would come online during maintenance last night lol. I was also right about server transfers, and even 1.3 launch. It will all be out by the end of the month:)

Since 1.3 is a content light patch compared to 1.2 and not much to test (unless of course new things got added) I expect a short testing period probably no more than 2 weeks putting 1.3 release around June 19th.

JovethGonzalez

Today , 05:57 PM | #1

Report Post Quote

Game Update 1.3 is coming to our Public Test Server Tomorrow and we want you to be prepared! You may now download and update to the latest version of the Public Test Server.

Check out this blog for more information on how to set up for testing on PTS and this blog for how to sign up for character copying.

We’ll see you on PTS tomorrow!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=472579