The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New content announced, but isnt this what we alrdy have?!!?

ISDcaptain

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How many people here played WoW in its vanilla days? If so, do you remember the lack of content there that continued well after launch? The constant server down time? The numerous bugs? WoW didn't even have battlegrounds at launch-those came several months after and until then, world pvp was all you got. WoW was far from being the "polished" game it is today but in fairness, they've had almost 8 years to work on it.

TOR isn't perfect, but it's new. There are things I wish were done differently but I still have fun playing. If you're not having fun playing the game and can only see things to complain about, unsub and don't look back. It's doubtful you'll be missed.

I remember dancing for hours in ironforge outside the ah on the bridge because if i moved i would get dced or lag to high hell and it was cheaper to talk on wow then over the phone :D, and trying to sort out 40 man raids used to make people tear there hair out and 10 manning brd trying not to get lost.

Wow you are complaining about being ABLE TO level up more? LOL, so you would rather just sit there and be maxed out with nothing to do and no new gear to get EVER? Sound slike you just want to be they guy sitting on fleet bragging about how he has ALL the bestest gear you canz get :rolleyes:

OUI! that is exactly what he is saying

Yay! More new stuff that i cant enjoy with others...

If you mean the ghost towns.... errr servers.... yeah thats the suck part, good luck playing new content on a server like the razor that has a whopping 10 people on fleet :rolleyes:

The OP should be saying "Why new content when the majority of people cant even play it because the server pops look like Death Valley" :D

If you mean the ghost towns.... errr servers.... yeah thats the suck part, good luck playing new content on a server like the razor that has a whopping 10 people on fleet :rolleyes:

The OP should be saying "Why new content when the majority of people cant even play it because the server pops look like Death Valley" :D

server tranfers are comming

The whole update thing seems to be showcasing 1.4, 1.5 and maybe an expansion in the holiday season.

Some problems with functionality (low server pops, ranked PVP, LFG tool, dual spec, etc.) seem like they'll be sprinkled in starting in 1.3 and onwards.

Fact is, since Bioware didn't ship SWTOR with a lot of the functionality and content that was expected, both now have to be added. Yet, Bioware obviously won't sit down and fix all the functionality problems and make lots of new content THEN release it all at once. By then, it'd probably be a year later and everyone would have unsubbed.

So, pretty much, the 1.X updates are going to go back and forth from fixing functionality problems to adding new content.

Bottom line: At least Bioware is attempting to fix everything, but they're not stupid enough to keep people waiting forever just to push it all out at the same moment.

Edited by ImmortalAlien

And some will always be cool-aide drinking fan-boys, even when the server pop is dropping like a rock. Ask yourself why that is? No freaking endgame content that is worth a damn and the same 4 pvp zones that get old withing 1 day of playing them. This game is nothing but a joke, sadly. Piss poor design from the very start with trying to be a WoW clone. We have WoW already, we don't need another. Be original or be gone.

This ^^

it doesnt even have to be a revoultionary idea, it has to be something fresh

for example

include leaderboards for guild that have cleared raids within such and such times, and display that leaderboard on the fleet 24/7 with the names of the top 10 guilds with the top 10 fastest times to clear the raid, this way you create rivalry and incentive in the community to form guilds and be competitive, heck its what got people addicted to CoD

they could do a similar thing with PVP, have the top 50 and top 10 premades players names displayed on a leaderboard in the fleet, give people the ability to see where tehy rank among the thousands of players playing, that way they have an incentive to push harder with premades in order to improve their rep among peers, this again creates rivalry and drama which in turns creates a vibrant and competitive community that give people a reason to log on

create open world pvp incentives, seriously i dont know why this is so hard to for BW to solve, create a resource struggle among factions, so each side has to fight for resources on different worlds in order to continue crafting armor, stims, medpacs, etc

for example,

on tatooine you could make an area that has mando iron, and that is the only area where you can get mando iron, thus both factions would collide at said area to fight over resources, thus it creates a constant conflict

its simple things like this is what gets ppl addicted,

create player housing and start vanity contests, start business competitions, etc

While thoses are nice ideas, I still wonder why it's necessary from a design POV.

People are supposed to be playing to have fun. Why, if people like the gameplay and have fun, do they need incentive to continue to play ? Are all players now trained to play only if there's incentives ? Are gamers unable to play without rewards ?

Dunno, it really seems gamers aren't "normal" people but addicts to shinies.

Edited by Nyla

Totally agree, this list of innovations is until the end of the year too small, for rescue this game which dies if to judge at present on population of servers and with an release new online games this summer by the most modest estimates will reduce the current population for 40 %.

Game online of my guild reduced from 130 when game release to 15 now. And this 15 player still play because they have pre paid game time and 80% don't want prolong a subscription.