A Few Questions About PvP

Star-ranger

I reciently made several characters on an RP PvP server both Republic and Empire. Occasionally I'll get messages that I'm in a contested area, but when I'm there I never see any of the other faction. Well, not never... I actually saw one Sith who popped his head into the same room I was in on Nar Shaada and immediately left. Oh, and I've also seen members of the other faction in the Promenade on Nar Shadaa, but that's a no conflict zone.

Frankly it would be difficult for me to tell this was a PvP server without the notifications.

Really, Is there any factional PvP happening outside warzones and huttball? It seems like the areas for most planets are pretty segregated without much overlap. Just curious.

Please enlighten me. My wife wanted to try PvP to see what it's like, and I said sure we can try it out, but so far we haven't run into any. What do you need to do to get started? Where do you go and what do you do? We're new to this. Our characters are in their 20's do you have to wait until you hit 50? Enquiring minds want to know.

Starts on Tatooine.

But even then, there isn't much Open World PvP. This was kind of a gripe for me as I was leveling my first character. I was always on the look out, being cautious as I quested for no real reason. In all honesty, leveling 2 characters to 50, I ran into Open World PvP maybe 15 times. And that's on the high end.

If you want to PvP, queue for War Zones just be prepared to exercise your patience. I'm hoping that BW / EA can pull this off with some of the updates they (rarely) talk about. They've got a good game that I think could really be a boat load of fun, but they are pushing the limits - IMO.

Good luck!

Please enlighten me. My wife wanted to try PvP to see what it's like, and I said sure we can try it out, but so far we haven't run into any. What do you need to do to get started? Where do you go and what do you do? We're new to this. Our characters are in their 20's do you have to wait until you hit 50? Enquiring minds want to know.

You comedian. You!! ;)

Trying to see how many honest responses you can reel in, eh? Made 100 posts, I think you're up to speed (sic) with the state of SWTOR World PvP.

You comedian. You!! ;)

Trying to see how many honest responses you can reel in, eh? Made 100 posts, I think you're up to speed (sic) with the state of SWTOR World PvP.

Totally honest post. Haven't done PvP since WOW, and never did much there. My wife expressed an interest after being pushed out of the Jawa Baloon on an RP server by a tricksey sith--that whole snafu with targeting somebody on a non-pvp server and it flagging you for PvP. She was so PO'd ( you know how long it takes that dang baloon to make the circuit and she missed the jump twice before) anyway she wanted some pay back (hell hath no fury like a frustrated woman pushed out of a balloon).

OK so Tatooine is the starting point for open environment PvP.... wierd that on a PvP server there's no more action going on than what's been mentioned... Kinda makes you say "Hmmm".

Rhetorical Question: "Why do we have PvP servers when there's little difference between them and the PvE servers? You'd think there would be more joint public areas after Coruscant.

Totally honest post. Haven't done PvP since WOW, and never did much there. My wife expressed an interest after being pushed out of the Jawa Baloon on an RP server by a tricksey sith--that whole snafu with targeting somebody on a non-pvp server and it flagging you for PvP. She was so PO'd ( you know how long it takes that dang baloon to make the circuit and she missed the jump twice before) anyway she wanted some pay back (hell hath no fury like a frustrated woman pushed out of a balloon).

OK so Tatooine is the starting point for open environment PvP.... wierd that on a PvP server there's no more action going on than what's been mentioned... Kinda makes you say "Hmmm".

Rhetorical Question: "Why do we have PvP servers when there's little difference between them and the PvE servers? You'd think there would be more joint public areas after Coruscant.

You can OWPvP on Nar Shadaa (sp) but you have to go looking for it. And with the server populations being MINIMAL (with a few exceptions) you might be looking for a loooooong time. The answer is server merges - IMO.

More players = more targets.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.