Carnage PVE rotation?

Ashu-ri

Okay, generally, I have a certain rotation with my Carnage build for normal mobs, and a certain rotation for Strongs, and then it's modified a bit for Elites. Just wondering what PVE rotations people use.

Ah well as long as you have massacre its all good.

My standard opener is:

Force Charge --> Massacre --> Battering Assault --> Gore --> Ravage --> Force Scream

After that we as Marauder don't really have a rotation perse, we instead have a priority system. Your priorities (and therefore 'Rotation' for general mayhem against normal mobs and maximized damage against stronger ones) should be:

1: Keep up Berserk as frequently as possible, most important to maximize dps when doing what I lovingly refer to as the Chainsaw (Get full rage bar, Pop Berserk, trinkets, and Gore then Massacre, Force Scream, and massacre spam the rest)

2: Keep Massacre up everytime it ends if at all possible, it is your best bread and butter damage attack and it gives you that 30% chance to proc an Ataru Strike. And come on, man! Massacre gives Blood Frenzy + Force Scream = Insta Crit, what's not to love?

3: Use Gore whenever it is up, preferably in combination with something. My favorite way is to use Gore for the armor penetration, Ravage, Battering Assault to build rage for Chainsaw ahead, then rush in Force Scream right before Blood Frenzy wears off for an extra crit. After that pop Berserk and use the Chainsaw maneuver sans Gore as it's on CD to absolutely destroy.

As for everything else use Battering Assault to build rage quick when possible, and always try to stay above 7 rage. if below 7 rage and Battering Assault is on cooldown, use Assault. Other than that, Assault should rarely be used.

If you need any more help just post back in here or hit me up on my Marauder Tyvain on the Ebon Hawk server.

Edited by krazzee

My standard opener is:

Force Charge --> Massacre --> Battering Assault --> Gore --> Force Scream --> Ravage

It is generally accepted that you use ravage before force scream so that the final hit of ravage gets the full armor pen of gore.

Force Charge->Battering Assault->Massacre->Gore->Ravage->Force Scream... Then spam Massacre till you have Gore and Ravage up again. You will of course use Battering Assault and Assault to build Rage.

But that is pretty much it. Use your Berserk whenever it is up and be sure to use your Frenzy and Bloodthirst in tandum with Berserk the first time. Also pop any other power increase relic you may have. This will maximize your damage and cause you to look like a beast compared to other dps.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey question on Massace, it says it gives you extra 30% proc chacne for autura strike..that counts against every skill? i.e gore..ravage..force sream? Or just on a normal strike?

i guess in general what skill does autru strike actually have a chance on hitting with?

Hey question on Massace, it says it gives you extra 30% proc chacne for autura strike..that counts against every skill? i.e gore..ravage..force sream? Or just on a normal strike?

i guess in general what skill does autru strike actually have a chance on hitting with?

Every time direct damage is applied. This also works with Choke ticks, you CAN proc ataru off of it. So yeah, that's an extra 30% chance to proc it on ALL attacks. Rupture ticks wouldn't count but that's about it.

Every time direct damage is applied. This also works with Choke ticks, you CAN proc ataru off of it. So yeah, that's an extra 30% chance to proc it on ALL attacks. Rupture ticks wouldn't count but that's about it.

oh thats pretty good then..i guess my confusion comes in the autru strike animation while doing something like says Ravage..i guess they jsut add the damage ontop of the skill your using and no animation..

also a lot of people seem to prefer annihilation for PVE..? i really liek carnage never tried annihilation so was wondering if I am gimping myself by goign carnage

No you're not gimping yourself at all with Carnage, Annihilation and Carnage are both completely valid end-game PvE specs. I cannot speak for the PvP side of things, but I prefer carnage for endgame, and raid in it regularly and encounter no troubles. In fact I regularly top the DPS parses when we do it raid-wide. Annihilation kicks some major *** too, don't get me wrong. It really comes down to your preferred playstyle.

The differences between them are slight: Annihilation has self-healing, making you less of a burden on healers, and can really take off in long standing fights with their bleeds. Carnage is much more burst-y and is great for when you need some quick damage (IE: Annoying Adds),and in single target fights can really lay down solid DPS.

So yeah, TLDR; Marauder is all about skill and knowing the class. It's like a sword, any idiot can stab someone with it but a skilled user can slay. The spec is just flavor on top of the awesome-cake that is Marauder, so play whatever style you like.

Cep't Rage. Rage is lol.

Edited by krazzee

No you're not gimping yourself at all with Carnage, Annihilation and Carnage are both completely valid end-game PvE specs. I cannot speak for the PvP side of things, but I prefer carnage for endgame, and raid in it regularly and encounter no troubles. In fact I regularly top the DPS parses when we do it raid-wide. Annihilation kicks some major *** too, don't get me wrong. It really comes down to your preferred playstyle.

The differences between them are slight: Annihilation has self-healing, making you less of a burden on healers, and can really take off in long standing fights with their bleeds. Carnage is much more burst-y and is great for when you need some quick damage (IE: Annoying Adds),and in single target fights can really lay down solid DPS.

So yeah, TLDR; Marauder is all about skill and knowing the class. It's like a sword, any idiot can stab someone with it but a skilled user can slay. The spec is just flavor on top of the awesome-cake that is Marauder, so play whatever style you like.

Cep't Rage. Rage is lol.

Obviously you've never met Vitas, Ni'teip, or Jarvis. All three of them can smash just about any other Marauder on Vornskr with only a couple noteable exceptions and they're all Rage.

Everything else you said is square on the money and I completely agree with it. It's also good to note that Carnage is FANTASTIC for short-window bosses (Heavy Fab, SOA). Annihilation can do REALLY well in Raids as well due to the high uptime associated with the Bleeds i.e. You don't HAVE to be in Melee range to still be DPS'ing so long as you get back into it quickly.

As far as PvP goes, it's pretty much the same thing. I will say though that Rage is really MUCH better for PvP and Solo Questing than it is for Raids. Carnage isn't gonna work so well for solo questing though it can, but it trades that for being great for PvP and Raids. Annihilation will work wonders for all three but that's only cause of the VERY high sustained DPS and Self-Heals.

Carnage has been my poison since Day 3 of EGA and I never plan on switching to anything else. Full time at least lol.

That short window statement is true. I am in full war hero actually and my guild cleared HM KP last night. On that fab droid under the blade rush spam rotation the 6 and 7k hits were rolling of that guy like crazy.

That short window statement is true. I am in full war hero actually and my guild cleared HM KP last night. On that fab droid under the blade rush spam rotation the 6 and 7k hits were rolling of that guy like crazy.

Yep, and for SOA you can bombdizzle Mindtraps and not have to worry about your DPS going down when SOA hits his knees.