gear modifications and expertise?

symke

I keep seeing people in WZs with orange gear with expertise modifications on their gear. I have full Battlemaster gear so I would like to know what are differences.I would like to make a full set of orange PVP gear like so many people have for myself.

1. How can you get gear modifications with expertise stat on them?

2. Can I craft them with artifice?

3. If I take them off my battlemaster gear, will they keep ALL of theirs stats?

4. Can you make or buy modifications which are better than those on battlemaster gear?

The gear modifications can be ripped out for a steep price currently, and placed into your orange gear without losing stats. Only stat you will lose taking out your battlemaster mods are your set bonuses. With 1.2 the set bonus of any gear pre 1.2 is locked into the shell of the armoring. Any gear post 1.2 lets say War Hero gear, and black hole gear the set bonus is transferred via armoring mod. The benefit from having orange gear once you have warhero armoring mods is the fact of augments, and to look different from everyone else.If you dont have any warhero pieces I don't recommend ripping mods out until you do.

Currently i have a smuggler's hat equipped with jedi sentinel battlemaster mods, cost me a ton of credits to rip the mods out but i got fed up of looking like a samurai so now my sentinel looks like indiana jones. Plus the set bonus was completely useless to me so it didnt matter to lose it.

I keep seeing people in WZs with orange gear with expertise modifications on their gear. I have full Battlemaster gear so I would like to know what are differences.I would like to make a full set of orange PVP gear like so many people have for myself.

1. How can you get gear modifications with expertise stat on them?

2. Can I craft them with artifice?

3. If I take them off my battlemaster gear, will they keep ALL of theirs stats?

4. Can you make or buy modifications which are better than those on battlemaster gear?

I have done this myself

1. I ripped them from battlemaster after doing dailies to collect the credits.

2. Artifice can craft orange lightsabers. You could craft a augmented custom-built lightsaber for example then rip mods out of an pvp lightsaber and place them in your crafted lightsaber. I have armstech and that is what I did with my blaster pistol.

3. Yes but you lose the set bonus. If you are desperate for a new look then I suggest doing it. If you are close to valor rank 70 or already have war hero, then you better off waiting so you can use that gear.

4.No, if someone can make mods with a rating of 58 with expertise, then I would like to know where they got those schematics.