Purple Crystal (and schematic) - Please Read OP before posting.

Flaraza

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So there are purple crystal schematics that i can buy and make my own through artifice? Do I need to level up treasure hunting in order to make purple lightsaber crystals?

Not directly (read the thread) and no, crafting skillsare completely independent of gathering and mission skills.

But they do exist for Republic players right? I mean I heard they removed the alignment on some colors of crystals. Is there a pvp lightsaber that has a purple crystal, that I can simply remove and apply to my current customizable lightsaber?

But they do exist for Republic players right? I mean I heard they removed the alignment on some colors of crystals. Is there a pvp lightsaber that has a purple crystal, that I can simply remove and apply to my current customizable lightsaber?

Not one that you can remove, no. The old BM saber on the imperial side had a purple blade but you can't pull the crystal.

So there are purple crystal schematics that i can buy and make my own through artifice? Do I need to level up treasure hunting in order to make purple lightsaber crystals?

You can only make purple PvP color crystals. And even then, only if you get lucky. They have said in a recent Q&A that there is no plan to make more purple crystals craftable because "we want them to be rare".

Has anyone considered that there might be another mechanic entirely at work here other than loot tables? Considering the persistent comments by devs that we would have to 'work' for these crystals, that they want to keep them rare, and the large number of former SWG devs on board now (remember waiting for a visit from "the old man" anyone?), I'm inclined to think that schems or crystals may be unlockable legacy rewards for completing a number of tasks, such as :

Complete all 8 storylines

Complete all available space missions

Complete all SM, HM, NM flashpoints and operations

Complete all planet bonus series

Reach social level X

Reach valor level X

Defeat all planet bosses

Collect all datacrons

Unlock all legacy rewards

Can't really think of anything else to add, but this mechanic would serve to ensure that purple, cyan, and white crystals remain rare. I realize that the OP requested "proof" but....

Has anyone considered that there might be another mechanic entirely at work here other than loot tables? Considering the persistent comments by devs that we would have to 'work' for these crystals, that they want to keep them rare, and the large number of former SWG devs on board now (remember waiting for a visit from "the old man" anyone?), I'm inclined to think that schems or crystals may be unlockable legacy rewards for completing a number of tasks, such as :

Complete all 8 storylines

Complete all available space missions

Complete all SM, HM, NM flashpoints and operations

Complete all planet bonus series

Reach social level X

Reach valor level X

Defeat all planet bosses

Collect all datacrons

Unlock all legacy rewards

Can't really think of anything else to add, but this mechanic would serve to ensure that purple, cyan, and white crystals remain rare. I realize that the OP requested "proof" but....

Yes, except Bioware said in a Q&A a couple weeks ago that there are no plans to make those colors craftable. Meaning, it's not in the game yet, and there are no plans for it.

• 4 weeks later...
After having read through a few of the comments posted here, I'm a little confused. People are saying it's not possible, yet a simple look on the GTN shows [Advanced Purple War Hero's Crystal] "Created by Kaon". How else would 'Kaon' be creating these Crystals?

Read more than a few of the clueless people's comments, lol. The PvP schem drops occasionally from the Grade 6 PvP mats box.

Edited by Telanis

Read more than a few of the clueless people's comments, lol. The PvP schem drops occasionally from the Grade 6 PvP mats box.

Yeah that's exaclty what I'm saying. It's not up for discussion as to whether it is or not because it obviously is :rolleyes: ..just a lot of WZ Comms spent trying to obtain it :D

Yeah that's exaclty what I'm saying. It's not up for discussion as to whether it is or not because it obviously is :rolleyes: ..just a lot of WZ Comms spent trying to obtain it :D

Most people here are asking about the purple PvE crystals. Those are not craftable. Only the PvP ones are, as you already found out.

I looted a purple +41 power PURPLE crystal from the chest where the snipers are after killing Zorn and Toth in EC HM. I did this last night (the 8th September 2012). Unfortunately as I am not an Artifice I cannot tell if it is possible to reverse engineer it to gain a schematic. It was also bind on equip, rather than pickup. The chest is the one that normally only contains BH Comms and crafting materials. Hope this helps.

I looted a purple +41 power PURPLE crystal from the chest where the snipers are after killing Zorn and Toth in EC HM. I did this last night (the 8th September 2012). Unfortunately as I am not an Artifice I cannot tell if it is possible to reverse engineer it to gain a schematic. It was also bind on equip, rather than pickup. The chest is the one that normally only contains BH Comms and crafting materials. Hope this helps.

EC HM drops black-purple. Not regular purple.

Edited by Telanis

• 8 months later...

Gonna necro this, because it sorta annoys me and I want more info.

It does not make sense that Bioware would make simple purple more rare than their more ridiculous colors (Black core sabers, magenta, "derelict" purple etc)

Also having level 15 NPC's running around with purple sabers and the like when I can find no crystals below level 50 is rather taunting. I can understand silver and white being obnoxiously hard to get and only at high level, but come on... standard purple? I can get this "Black purple" crap *long* before I can get something that is a bit more lore-friendly?

Bioware stated that they want White and Purple to remain "Rare", in what world does that make sense? Why does it make more sense to them that more Sith are running around with Cyan-Blue, Black-Orange, or friggin pink-purple than the not-relatively-spectacular purple? They should have abandoned the idea of "rare colors" when they made the more obnoxious colors common as candy. Makes no damn sense that in comparison to those obnoxious colors, that standard purple would be as rare as a damn unicorn (outside of NPC's, of course) especially when they sort of imply all throughout the beginning the game that Purple and Red for the Sith is roughly the same as Green and Blue for the Jedi.

Well, since it's already necroed....

As of the RotHC patch, purple crystals are now craftable, at least the +41 ones. Reverse engineer an existing purple crystal to learn the pattern.

I believe the PvP ones remain uncraftable.

Black-purple black-orange purple and cyan crystals were all made craftable in this patch. Additionally, you can can now make infinite copies of a cartel market crystal for personal use once you own and bind that particular crystal, if you spend cartel coins.

I looked on the GTN and found a made by (name) Purple crystal. sent her a mail to see if she will tell me where to get the schem. This crystal is a +41 power. Will post screen shots when I get her info. So they do exist!!!!!

• 1 month later...
I bought a War Hero Crystal when they were available in game.

I also have one in my PVP weapon.

If I RE'd these would i definitely get the schematics?

No, the WH and Battlemaster schematics drop from the Grade 6 PvP mats box. Also always read the tooltip before REing, it will say "No research available" for Expertise crystals.

Edited by Telanis

Not sure if this is what you care to hear but like most of the crystals after 2.0, I either took a great chance at RE'ing the few I had or used the little re trick.

Buy a crafted crystal, equip it then take it out and now you can re it. I'm sure you most likely know about that but that is how I have gotten all of my black cores, purples and etc.

No, the WH and Battlemaster schematics drop from the Grade 6 PvP mats box. Also always read the tooltip before REing, it will say "No research available" for Expertise crystals.

Hang on. WH and Battlemaster armor schematics? Or did I completely misunderstand? Yoooou...probably meant the War Hero Crystal and I probably had a big derp moment. >.<

Edited by blindxsecrets

• 5 months later...
After reading this whole thread and nobody has useful information to say for sure about end game crystals. Decided to find my answer somewhere else. If you are like me and want a real answer to this question, here you go:

http://dulfy.net/2012/05/07/endgame-color-crystals-post-1-2-and-how-to-obtain-them/

this was posted on the first page of the thread. ;)

To answer this once and for all.

Yes, Purple crystals are available. The easiest way to get them is to buy them off the GTN from people who know how to craft them. You can even RE these crystals ( you have to equip them so they are bound to you. Once you do that, the become available to RE), and if you are lucky, you will learn the schematic. If a regular schematic is available, I haven't seen it.