Ok, I relent, Sents/Maras need to be toned down

gofortheko

Doesnt make sense that an offensive melee character has more defensive cooldowns than two of the tank archtypes.

(guardians/juggs and PT/VG)

Sents - (maras but not familiar with their abilities name)

Saberward

Redoubt

stealth

99% reduction in accuracy debuff

guarded by the force

Guards - (juggs)

Saberward

hp buff

hp regen for force

(if spec 40% reduction in danage for 14 points)

VG - PT

25% damage reduction

HP regen buff

Thats it, so a dps class has more baseline defensive cooldowns than two of the main tank advance classes.

Superior defenses, superior offense....super silly.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget they are tied for the best sustained damage in the game and only with Snipers. Bioware really has about 3 options. Take away either Mara/Sent damage or survivability, OR buff some of the weaker DPS classes like Mercs and Operatives to stay in line with the DPS of Maras, PT's, Sins, and Snipers.

Don't forget they are tied for the best sustained damage in the game and only with Snipers. Bioware really has about 3 options. Take away either Mara/Sent damage or survivability, OR buff some of the weaker DPS classes like Mercs and Operatives to stay in line with the DPS of Maras, PT's, Sins, and Snipers.

Every class needs a buff to be brought in line with Assassins and Marauders. Easier just to nerf those two and THEN buff some of the weaker classes.

You are just being outplayed, and are trying to blame it on something else.

I know I'm Biochem on my Sentinel, that I have Pyro gernades mailed to my from a crafter alt. It's awesome. Always fun to crush some mouseclicking tailor that's keyboard turning.

QQ moar!

Stopped reading your post right there. You're like the other thousand Sentinels that defend their imbalanced class since apparently they haven't steamrolled enough people.

You should read the rest. Maybe you'll understand why you are losing.

Edited by Asphen

I know I'm Biochem on my Sentinel, that I have Pyro gernades mailed to my from a crafter alt. It's awesome. Always fun to crush some mouseclicking tailor that's keyboard turning.

QQ moar!

Who said anything about being outplayed? I was merely talking about a class that is a DPS based class having way more defensive cooldowns than two of the main tank ACs in the game. Sorry if I hurt your feelings, I know you want to keep your superior class and claim its you outplaying someone else. I murder plenty of Mara/Sents, but I do think its absurd that a dps class has way more defensive abilities than two tank ACs.

Who said anything about being outplayed? I was merely talking about a class that is a DPS based class having way more defensive cooldowns than two of the main tank ACs in the game. Sorry if I hurt your feelings, I know you want to keep your superior class and claim its you outplaying someone else. I murder plenty of Mara/Sents, but I do think its absurd that a dps class has way more defensive abilities than two tank ACs.

If you want to compare tank specs, than do it properly. Don't know about tank powertechs, but tanks juggs are tankier than marauders - Invincible and sonic barrier, and, btw, you forget about jump to ally, that also heals juggs. That makes more def cds than maradeurs. (and lets' not forget about shields and heavy armour.)

Considering dps juggs - they only have one cd less and that makes for their heavy armour (that always active). And please don't forget about their utility - taunt/aoe taunt is massive enemy damage reduction.

You should read the rest. Maybe you'll understand why you are losing.

Oh I never said I lose to Marauders/Sents. They're pretty easy on my Shield Vanguard or SS Gunslinger, I just said they're imbalanced. Thankfully, 9/10 Sentinels and Marauders are terrible and you sir sound like you're in that 90%.

Oh I never said I lose to Marauders/Sents. They're pretty easy on my Shield Vanguard or SS Gunslinger, I just said they're imbalanced. Thankfully, 9/10 Sentinels and Marauders are terrible and you sir sound like you're in that 90%.

So, you roflstomp them, but want them nerfed so they will be even easier kill for you?

Considering dps juggs - they only have one cd less and that makes for their heavy armour (that always active). And please don't forget about their utility - taunt/aoe taunt is massive enemy damage reduction.

Heavy armor is only about 5-6% passive damage decrease against 2/3 attack types in the game. Taunts are nice but they only last a few seconds and are on a long CD. An AoE taunt won't turn the tide of a fight on a node and a single target taunt wont help a healer from a high damage class like the Marauder.

If you want to compare tank specs, than do it properly. Don't know about tank powertechs, but tanks juggs are tankier than marauders - Invincible and sonic barrier, and, btw, you forget about jump to ally, that also heals juggs. That makes more def cds than maradeurs. (and lets' not forget about shields and heavy armour.)

Please sir, stop, just stop. DPS juggs have THREE defensive cooldowns, this isnt a talk about utility, because Sents Maras easily equal Guardian/Jugg utility, and dude heavy armor MEANS NOTHING at all! Please stop with this lame excuse.

So, you roflstomp them, but want them nerfed so they will be even easier kill for you?

I want them to lose some defensive cooldowns, have some put on as talents, OR VGs and Guardians get some more baseline defensive cooldowns.

Heavy armor is only about 5-6% passive damage decrease against 2/3 attack types in the game. Taunts are nice but they only last a few seconds and are on a long CD. An AoE taunt won't turn the tide of a fight on a node and a single target taunt wont help a healer from a high damage class like the Marauder.

Heavy armour is always active. So, heavy armour will provide 5-6% damage reduction against 2/3 (60%) attack types all the time during warzone.

AoE taunt won't turn the tide of a fight? Really? -30% damage to all enemies for 6 secs won't turn the tide? Single taunt (also -30% damage) won't help a healer being attacked by marauder? Really?

15 secs for single taunt and 45 secs for aoe taunt - is on a long cd?

And marauder's def abilities with a longer cds and the same duration surely will turn the tide?

Please sir, stop, just stop. DPS juggs have THREE defensive cooldowns, this isnt a talk about utility, because Sents Maras easily equal Guardian/Jugg utility, and dude heavy armor MEANS NOTHING at all! Please stop with this lame excuse.

Dps juggs have four def cds. Saberward (which is better than mara's), hp buff, focused defence and leap to ally (that also heals jugg) plus heavy armour. Why do you think 5-6% more damage reduction (heavy armour) that is always active is nothing? Why don't you want to talk about utility? It's tank class's most strongest point. If you neglect it then it's not "mara op" but l2p issue.

I want them to lose some defensive cooldowns, have some put on as talents, OR VGs and Guardians get some more baseline defensive cooldowns.

Why do you want them to lose def cds? They are already easy kills for you, as you said.

Edited by charoi

Dps juggs have four def cds. Saberward (which is better than mara's), hp buff, focused defence and leap to ally (that also heals jugg) plus heavy armour. Why do you think 5-6% more damage reduction (heavy armour) that is always active is nothing? Why don't you want to talk about utility? It's tank class's most strongest point. If you neglect it then it's not "mara op" but l2p issue.

BS, Mara sents have amazing utility, the buff that buffs damage and healing trumps ANYTHING a guardian can bring to the table. They have ZEN, and an in combat boost, they have all the defensive cooldowns I mentioned, plus force choke/stasis, and ALL of those are BASELINE!

Why do you want them to lose def cds? They are already easy kills for you, as you said.

Honestly I just want more defensive cooldowns for my guardian and VG.

BS, Mara sents have amazing utility, the buff that buffs damage and healing trumps ANYTHING a guardian can bring to the table.

Once in a five minutes. TWO uses during wz at most and only for your party. Aoe taunt is usable every 45 secs and affects all enemies. 15% bonus to your party against -30% bonus to your enemies.. hm..

They have ZEN,

Zen? How does it contribute to party? 6% max hp - only in watchman, combat's and focus's zen contributes nothing. Plus Zen uses the resourses needed for inspiration - the buff that you mentioned above.

and an in combat boost

What boost? Be more specific please.

they have all the defensive cooldowns I mentioned, plus force choke/stasis, and ALL of those are BASELINE!

ALL that juggs also have also BASELINE. Plus several features of their own.

Honestly I just want more defensive cooldowns for my guardian and VG.

Than can you please make a post "please buff jugg/vg" and not join "nerf mara" thread.

Edited by charoi

QQ moar!

Your attitude is one reason why your server only had 2 people on at one point. L2p.