Anti CC hack or bug?

FlyinSpaghetti

The issue would be his ping. If he has very high latency he may appear to be right next to you when he is in fact 15m away and out of range. This would generate the exact client behavior you describe, but he should seem to teleport away from you shortly after your force choke "miss". If this is what is going on you also should not be able to hit him with pure damage abilities.

Force choke was the problem, he took damage from other attacks so it wasn't a latency problem.

Judging from everyone else's replies it is leaning towards a guard bug as he was a healer and may have been guarded.

What does "(and can be feated to reach 5 second)" mean? I know about RESILIENCE, but 3 seconds is nothing... it was more than 3 seconds between my CC attempts... 5 seconds on the other hand can seem like a long time I suppose in combat... how do I "feate" RESILIENCE to 5 seconds?

Honestly people should read other class spec tree at least

"mind over matter"

http://www.torhead.com/ability/f4LDg0l/mind-over-matter

Activating Force Speed now removes all movement-impairing effects, and your Resilience now lasts 2 seconds longer.

from 3 second to 5 (if you invest a skill point...)< that what i mean

so yes SHADOW/*** has 5 second CC immunity pratically with a cool down that is not short but not too long 60 second and if you play right your card between Resolve Bar and this we can get pretty hard to CC and it may seem we hack (remember we have a CC remover too)

lot of people call HAKER people just because they have no clue and they dont spend 30 minuts reading skill trees of other class

plus this game is still very buggy and latency is TERRIBLE i am 100% aware there are hackers but not as many as people think

Edited by Pekish

Honestly people should read other class spec tree at least

"mind over matter"

http://www.torhead.com/ability/f4LDg0l/mind-over-matter

Activating Force Speed now removes all movement-impairing effects, and your Resilience now lasts 2 seconds longer.

from 3 second to 5 if feated...

lot of people call HAKER people just because they have no clue and they dont spend 30 minuts ready skill trees of other class

Nice try but he wasn't a sage/sorc, he was an operative healer.

Secondly as mentioned the CC didn't break, it just didn't activate i.e. still had no cooldown to apply the CC to someone else.

read all the post NICE TRY guy....

my first post said

(not for the OP but for other comments)

but obviously reading all the way through 3 page may give you headache NICE TRY guy

or maybe is connecting the same name to 2 different post

why people ansnwer just reading last replay thinking they know what people is talking about?

and BTW countless time i run toward a person and knock him back and he doesnt get knoked 99% of the time he actually is out of the radious even if i see him in the radious 1% of the time he has resolve on and it didnt show updated on my screan as some else istant stunned him 0.2 sec before then me trying to knock him back.

Really i understand the whine and i understand pose legit question but 6 month after release is time to face the true the game has terrible LAG problem in pvp so suck up and hope next time u are more lucky

before they fix the HACK (that again they do exist but who knows actually where when how) they need to fix

a) LAG

b) TARGET SYSTEM

c) BUGS (7 people in gorup instead of 8 one blue person instead of green etcetc)

till they dont put they their **** together crying for hack has NO SENCE cry so finally they fix this damn game

Edited by Pekish

read all the post NICE TRY guy....

my first post said but obviously reading all the way through 3 page may give you headache NICE TRY guy

or maybe is connecting the same name to 2 different post

why people ansnwer just reading last replay thinking they know what people is talking about?

I assumed your post above was a debunking attempt, hence nice try.

I remember in other games people would lag themselves by spamming either Print screen or Scroll Lock.

I imagine spamming them would lock out other windows services therby also locking network services and self inflicting network lag? I'm guessing here.. could be people doing something to cause the effect as well.

It's not just your ping. The server has to process whatever your client tell it to. If for any reason there's a delay in the processing itself the result will be delayed too.

When you hit any ability on your client, your client goes ahead and animates it as if it succeeded since it normally assumes that if the action looks valid to it then it must be valid to the server so it'll start working on showing you stuff like the animation while it's waiting for the server to confirm it worked.

But sometimes the server comes back with a delayed response telling the client that whatever it attempted to do was wrong and obviously the client has to respect that (or it'd be trivial to hack).

Have had Force Push, Force Choke and my aoe mez not work in wzs multiple times, and on multiple opponents in the same wz. I noticed it usually happened on the day of a patch, usually one of the 1st wzs I played that day. I just exited the client and reloaded and I usually didn't have the problem again, so it seems like its client based and a bug.

have a gander at a site called rpg exploiters, you may find it very enlightening.

Hmm seems at some point Cheat Engine was writing code to give people immunity to slow and stun. So I guess since Bioware can't detect certain programs report people you suspect. That's moreso their anti-hack detterent than anything else as it seems they look into people who get reported.

What it boils down to is that the engine and server architecture is so ludicrisly un-optimized that hacks are nearly indistinguishable from 'normal' sluggishness, bad targeting and ability failure. The fact that even with only 3-5 people on screen it's nearly impossible to assume that someone's location is accurate seems to be a worse flaw than the unlikely possibility of hacing.

OTOH, their report functionality is so poor that I gave up reporting hackers, even the obvious ones. Seriously, the original EQ had a more friendly user interface.