The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

How do I use Proton Torpedo?

Kaerwolf

I have now read and re-read the user instructions countless times and I try to do as instructed. Sure, the reticle changes but when I release, it still fires a regular missile instead of my proton torpedo. Can anyone explain it to me?

(Also, why do I only have 3 when it says I should have 4?)

I dont really see how this interface is supposed to work either - well I get it in theory, but what developer thought it was a good idea? Just give them a cooldown and a button to release them... Make it at least a LITTLE intuitive and in line with the rest of the game's systems.

They are only usable (not 100% entirely true) on heavy shield targets like those capital's ship shield generators during the mission "Makem Te Assault".

Once you acquire your target, you have to hold down the right mouse button until it locks (blinks). Then you can release your right mouse button.

You actually have 4 proton torpedoes. The 4th is already in the launch tube.

They are only usable (not 100% entirely true) on heavy shield targets like those capital's ship shield generators during the mission "Makem Te Assault".

Once you acquire your target, you have to hold down the right mouse button until it locks (blinks). Then you can release your right mouse button.

You actually have 4 proton torpedoes. The 4th is already in the launch tube.

Yes, that is how I understand it should work as well. The problem is that when I release the button it fires a normal missile instead of a proton torpedo, or at least I don't see any difference in when it detonates on target.

Yes, that is how I understand it should work as well. The problem is that when I release the button it fires a normal missile instead of a proton torpedo, or at least I don't see any difference in when it detonates on target.

Gotta wait till you get a lock on it. Your reticule will turn to THIS. You have to have a steady hand to get the shot off. The torpedo also is easily identified by it's purple trail.

Thanks for the answers, it is clear that I have not been able to launch a torpedo. 4 seconds before it locks is impossible with my kind of mouse so I guess it it just to forget about it.

Hey don't sweat it, I've been playing since December 26th (got the game for Christmas) and I didn't know how to use the torpedo either - the tooltip wasn't very clear.