Full Auto

Easpeak

Started leveling another trooper, which lead me to a question: does full auto tick 3 times for you or only twice like it does for me?

I did see it tick 3 times once but usually it only ticks 2 times. It is a 3 sec channeled ability, so it should tick 3 times.

i checked the ability and it said it was channeled over 2.98 seconds or something like that.

as far as i know it's completely random. I've noticed this too, that sometimes it does 2 rounds of damage and sometimes it does 3.

It's a three tick skill. Always.

Reasons you could only be getting two:

1) you are cancelling the channel/being interrupted before it ends - the last tick comes right at the end of the channel, and if you move or if you're button mashing a bit you can cancel before it finishes.

2) you are missing with one of the ticks - it's ranged damage so it's affected by your accuracy and the opponent's defence.

3) you are doing the full three ticks of damage but only two are displaying - the floating numbers in tor can be a bit iffy sometimes, take a close look at the hp taken off your foe (or use the combat logging function).

It's a three tick skill. Always.

Reasons you could only be getting two:

1) you are cancelling the channel/being interrupted before it ends - the last tick comes right at the end of the channel, and if you move or if you're button mashing a bit you can cancel before it finishes.

2) you are missing with one of the ticks - it's ranged damage so it's affected by your accuracy and the opponent's defence.

3) you are doing the full three ticks of damage but only two are displaying - the floating numbers in tor can be a bit iffy sometimes, take a close look at the hp taken off your foe (or use the combat logging function).

This is the only one that it could be, but that would mean that often enough I'm missing 1/3 of my shots which does not make sense.

What does make sense is the push back. Full Auto suffers a push back (or push forward if you will) from being attacked, as I am assuming you do not have the support skill from gunnery tree that eliminates the push back suffered by up to 75%. That means when you are attacked while casting Full Auto then time gets 'cut off' and what should have been a 3 second cast (or 2.9... whatever if you have alacrity) you would lose up to a second of cast time thus losing the last hit.

What does make sense is the push back. Full Auto suffers a push back (or push forward if you will) from being attacked, as I am assuming you do not have the support skill from gunnery tree that eliminates the push back suffered by up to 75%. That means when you are attacked while casting Full Auto then time gets 'cut off' and what should have been a 3 second cast (or 2.9... whatever if you have alacrity) you would lose up to a second of cast time thus losing the last hit.

It's this. Unless you have the skill in the tree to reduce pushback by 75%, you're only going to see 2 hits if you're under fire. If you're friend or tank is taking fire though, you can get all three ticks of damage.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.