The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

To the DPS powertech's...

UGLYMRJ

Just curious as to how everyone gears theirs up....

Currently rolling a Pyro/Power and using about half and half DPS gear and half tank gear for the survivability. Even though I'm spec'd for DPS I use a shield and often use items for tank spec for the thicker skin.

What are your thoughts and how are you geared and spec'd?

Also curious about hybrids and thoughts on those as I'm getting closer to 50 on this alt.

EDIT: Also... mostly talking PvP but PvE ideas and comments are welcome.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

• 3 weeks later...

if you're running with 18+ points in pyro than you definitely want the 4-piece Elim set for the RS bonus and gear towards dps with the other pieces even if it means swapping out mods (Elim/Medic/CT pieces); otherwise go with the Combat Tech set if you're an AP build and Super Commando (again swapping out tanking mods) for Shield Tech and Tank hybrids. defensive mods in pvp suk big time, so always swap out.

if you're gonna run in tank stance, then use a shield in OH; otherwise use the gen.

Just curious as to how everyone gears theirs up....

Currently rolling a Pyro/Power and using about half and half DPS gear and half tank gear for the survivability. Even though I'm spec'd for DPS I use a shield and often use items for tank spec for the thicker skin.

What are your thoughts and how are you geared and spec'd?

Also curious about hybrids and thoughts on those as I'm getting closer to 50 on this alt.

EDIT: Also... mostly talking PvP but PvE ideas and comments are welcome.

Trash every piece of tank gear and replace it with dps gear, starting with the shield. You are absolutely gimping yourself and adding close to ZERO survivability with the tank pieces.

Trash every piece of tank gear and replace it with dps gear, starting with the shield. You are absolutely gimping yourself and adding close to ZERO survivability with the tank pieces.

^^This