and could share good and bad things about theese two

speccs?

I honestly dont know much about the rage spec exept

an hard AoE ability every 12sec if im correct :p do know about

anni that 1vs1 its freaking aewesome :D

reverent greetings // henx

anhilation relies on dots yes? cant ur dots be cleansed

carnage is good to burst a healer, i havent played rage

Time to kill is so low that most healers these days don't bother because it'll come down to cleanse the DoT or keep the dude up another couple seconds.

• 2 weeks later...
Time to kill is so low that most healers these days don't bother because it'll come down to cleanse the DoT or keep the dude up another couple seconds.

so, the best spec to chase healers is would then be?

Edited by luciphear

Carnage for healers. The burst sequence: Gore, Scream, Ravage puts out insane damage. If you get a healer down to under half using your interupts...etc, you've got a good chance of bursting him to death in a few secs for the rest.

Carnage for healers. The burst sequence: Gore, Scream, Ravage puts out insane damage. If you get a healer down to under half using your interupts...etc, you've got a good chance of bursting him to death in a few secs for the rest.

also thinking on try rage out, been anni for ages, have full BM and the WH main hand augmented now

and this is the spec ive been thinking on

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bcZzMZRrRrdfRMfz.1

have i missed anything or is it good? anni is damn nice with good surv though at

this point it feels i need to put out more damage, how does the carange spec looks like?

greatful for any help/ideas // cheers

Can't comment on the Rage build cause I've never played Rage.

For Carnage, I suppose I'll hand it to you. Here.

Build: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bcZGrMRRrrdGzZM.1

Rotations

-------------------------------

This is for Heavy Armor Targets, Tanks, and DPS: (Rage Builders) > (Optional) Bloodthirst > Massacre > Gore > Ravage > Scream

This is for Light Armor Targets, Healers, and DPS: (Rage Builders) > Berserk > (Optional) Bloodthirst > Gore > Massacre x7 > Scream

I've listed above which types of targets each rotation works best on. The only thing that changes is which order you throw them in. If you're facing a Heal-specced Sage, you'll start with the Massacre spam. If you're facing a Pyro PT, you'll start with the Ravage combo. If you're facing another Marauder, god help you.

Never forget that Ravage and Deadly Throw both root REGARDLESS of Resolve (Assuming it doesn't bug out). Some classes have abilities that render them invulnerable to it anyways, keep this in mind.

Crippling Slash is helpful, but not as much as it is for Annihilation because of how much you can keep someone rooted. It's helpful to use it to try to fake someone into wasting their CC break.

Camo is an ESCAPE method. Treat it as such. The instances you can use it for offensive purposes are RARE as Carnage. The same goes for Undying Rage, unless it's huttball. Remember, it's usually better to run away, fake the attackers out, stop caps, THEN run the **** away than it is to pop UR and try to outlast the mob wailing on you. You need to be a sneaky ****er.

Never underestimate the ability of Rupture to pop someone if they get you super low.

Everything else comes with time and practice.

Edited by Yescek

I have played multiple specs. Personally I like Carnage for PVE and Annihilation for PVP. But I would suggest for you to try out each spec and play around with them. Then decide which one fits your particular play style best. Playing a spec because it is "the best" for any reason is dumb. Play what suits you. If you do you will find that you can do things that many people on these forums claim is impossible.

I have played multiple specs. Personally I like Carnage for PVE and Annihilation for PVP. But I would suggest for you to try out each spec and play around with them. Then decide which one fits your particular play style best. Playing a spec because it is "the best" for any reason is dumb. Play what suits you. If you do you will find that you can do things that many people on these forums claim is impossible.

i dont play any spec cause its best my friend =) i try to find other options to what im use to play =)

just wanted tips and advises on different spec, know i putted the sentence wrong so it was easily misunderstood,

sry for that, ive tried a few hours as rage and cant say i founded myself in it, to long cd:s for my type of play.

carnage was damn fun imo, to bad its so squishy but had great advantage on healers with em root effects

and nice burst. still i think ill go back to anni since for know its the spec i know best =)

Hi,

I played both speccs very intensive.

Here my personal opinion:

Anni:

Very good survivability - With the Bleedings and the micro heals you live longer than mostly expected from your enemies. The skilled 6-sec interrupt is extremely useful. With the right timing and rotaion/prio list you make also a lot of damage (sustained). With this spec you will be the ultimate healer-killer.

It is also a lot of fun to play. But you have to monitor your buffs / debuffs constantly. It is kind of micromanaging to play optimal.

Rage:

Very high burst. Every 12 sec you can stomp a lot of people in the ground. But after the "boom"-effect you have to wait 12 secs before you can kick but*ts again. With this spec you get shiny high crits. You have to monitor only one buff (4 Stacks of shockwave). This build is also a lot of fun to play.

This is a short overview for both speccs. I switch regularly between those two, because I have fun with them. You should try both. (and don't be frustrated if it is not perfectly working the first time - you need some practice before you can rule the warzone.)

For PVP are both speccs viable. With a pocket healer you can easily go rage - without one you live longer if anni specced. I cannot give you the perfect answer: blabla...this spec is best...blabla. It depends really on what YOU like. But my opinion is:

It is great fun to jump into a group of reps and stomp crits on all of them (about 4.5k - 5.5k).

It is also great fun, if you can shut down a healer and be nearly invincible. Crits aren't that high, but you live longer.

Have fun testing both speccs. :)

Edited by Draxxar

Your rotation is always this for damage: Massacre, Gore, Ravage, Scream. Here's why:

Massacre procs Ataru form, giving you 100% crit chance on scream.

Gore gives you an effective 4.5 seconds of 100% armor pen.

When you use Ravage, the GCD ends before the ability does, so you can fire Force Scream before the Gore buff runs out.

If you use Force Scream before Ravage, your last hit of Ravage will never get the benefit of Gore.

Your rotation is always this for damage: Massacre, Gore, Ravage, Scream. Here's why:

Massacre procs Ataru form, giving you 100% crit chance on scream.

Gore gives you an effective 4.5 seconds of 100% armor pen.

When you use Ravage, the GCD ends before the ability does, so you can fire Force Scream before the Gore buff runs out.

If you use Force Scream before Ravage, your last hit of Ravage will never get the benefit of Gore.

that sounds about right. Thats the rotation i use.

well, im back on anni again, maybe try carange out when 1.3 comes, really

good to burst down healers and root. biggest minus is that i felt way

to squishy but its maybe because ill charge in as i do in annispec =)

I actually have been wondering about something lately, with the coming Gore change in 1.3, and a possible hybrid Carnage/Rage build. Since the Gore is a buff, is it feasible to say, combo a Gore into either a Force Charge or Obliterate(after using Force Choke to build up Shockwave charges) and then do a Smash that bypasses everyone's mitigation?