Give nearby players Attacker points

FinalHeavenZero

I'm 92 valor, I've played my share of warzones and pvp since early acess but one big thing that is bugging me is why don't other players next to a cap/plant/score get credit also?

1. the scorer in huttball gets Attacker pts but nearby players that assist the scorer by healing, Guarding or killing get no credit whatsoever even though they are playing the objective.

2. Voidstar plant? Other people CCing for the planter get nothing

3. Alderaan? same scenario, others CCing for teammate get nothing

This would encourage others to not over-cap. Having 4 guys trying to plant the bomb so they get the 2500 attacker pts while no one is CCing is counter-productive.

Perhaps teammates around 15-30m should get the same attacker points

Edited by FinalHeavenZero

I'm 92 valor, I've played my share of warzones and pvp since early acess but one big thing that is bugging me is why don't other players next to a cap/plant/score get credit also?

1. the scorer in huttball gets Attacker pts but nearby players that assist the scorer by healing, Guarding or killing get no credit whatsoever even though they are playing the objective.

2. Voidstar plant? Other people CCing for the planter get nothing

3. Alderaan? same scenario, others CCing for teammate get nothing

This would encourage others to not over-cap. Having 4 guys trying to plant the bomb so they get the 2500 attacker pts while no one is CCing is counter-productive.

Perhaps teammates around 15-30m should get the same attacker points

Agreed. If you are within say 10-30m of "something" happening, you should be considered part of what happened.

Doesn't seem like you've been playing much since 1.2

While in voidstar others don't get a thing(but instead person planting bomb gets load of points), on both CW and NC any player on node when it's capped gets attacker points. You also get points by standing(fighting) on enemy node, just like defender points.

On Hutball and Voidstar, rewards are massive(2,5k), so giving them to everyone around would be even more counterproductive - why create diversion at other door when I can just stand around waiting for others to cap nad get free medal? There appears also second issue - unlike in CW/NC, in Voidstar/Hutball there is only one objective, and often best way to achieve it is to take action away from it, so you can't possibly reward all involved players without rewarding also all others.

I often draw 4+ players away from the ball carrier in huttball, like in a match earlier, I must have annoyed them that much that they were just gunning for me and not our ball carrier or trying to score themselves, I didn't even get one mvp for distracting 1/2 their team for the majority of that warzone.

I agree that contribution should be awarded if another player assists on an objective through smart / proper use of CC.

Edited by Archaar

Doesn't seem like you've been playing much since 1.2

While in voidstar others don't get a thing(but instead person planting bomb gets load of points), on both CW and NC any player on node when it's capped gets attacker points. You also get points by standing(fighting) on enemy node, just like defender points.

On Hutball and Voidstar, rewards are massive(2,5k), so giving them to everyone around would be even more counterproductive - why create diversion at other door when I can just stand around waiting for others to cap nad get free medal? There appears also second issue - unlike in CW/NC, in Voidstar/Hutball there is only one objective, and often best way to achieve it is to take action away from it, so you can't possibly reward all involved players without rewarding also all others.

Thank you for not reading a word of the original post. Very productive.