Is the Fatman going to have a crash diet?

Lurchy

I made a post regarding this in another thread and it did'nt get picked up, after thinking about this for a bit I would actually like to see other peoples view so copied and pasted below:-

Just a thought, Fatman in the states and TOFN in EU are the two most popular servers for rerollers (especially PVP players).

I don't think it would be unreasonable to assume that most of those rerollers have left high level toons in decent gear on their previous servers.

Obviously nobody knows for sure (probably not even BW ) but it is probably fairly safe to assume that people will not be able to transfer for free to those servers.

I have read in various threads how the Level cap population on those servers has been in decline but obviously is more than compensated by rerollers joining

So... When the transfers eventually happen, surely all the rerollers will just go and play their old toons on their new destination populated server and even possibly transfer their Fatman/TOFN toons for legacy purposes?

TL,DR is the Fatman about to go on a crash diet and will TOFN just be called Tomb soon

If they make super servers all other servers will be gone anyway and everyone can funnel into the new superservers which would be for the best. If I can't goto a super server or bring my other toons to THE FATMAN I will just unsub.

If they make super servers all other servers will be gone anyway and everyone can funnel into the new superservers which would be for the best. If I can't goto a super server or bring my other toons to THE FATMAN I will just unsub.

The 'superservers' conjecture has been covered quite a bit in other threads even has a couple of its own.

If the <insert number here> of free destination servers will be filled to the extent that Fatty and Tomb are at the moment why would you not play on them?

The 'superservers' conjecture has been covered quite a bit in other threads even has a couple of its own.

If the <insert number here> of free destination servers will be filled to the extent that Fatty and Tomb are at the moment why would you not play on them?

That is the problem. They willl make too many "free destination servers" and in a couple months I will be back to the same place I am now. Free destination servers to make FATMANs is not a superserver. This game needs cross sever or "SUPERSERVERS" that can hold 10k people. Not 2k as it is now.

Mine as well unsub now then. They won't allow free transfer to theist populated sever. And your super server is just a myth at this point.

on the contrary isnt there an article where DE says transfers will be from light to high population servers...wish I had the link but I know its out there just too lazy to go dig it up. So one would think there is a good chance you can expect a free xfer to a populated server.

on the contrary isnt there an article where DE says transfers will be from light to high population servers...wish I had the link but I know its out there just too lazy to go dig it up. So one would think there is a good chance you can expect a free xfer to a populated server.
I don't care if it is free or not. I will pay to move my characters to THE FATMAN if that is the "super servers" they speak of.

I think at this stage it is more realistic to expect free transfers from ANY server to the 'almost standard' servers.

Anyhoo my assertion remains undiscussed

Edited by Lurchy

I'd expect free transfers from lightly populated servers and highly populated ones to those with populations in the middle. Probably, down the road, paid transfers to highly populated servers will be allowed. They aren't going to support everyone going to one or a handful of servers.

I would not expect to be able to consolidate your characters on the Fatman very soon or for free.

I think at this stage it is more realistic to expect free transfers from ANY server to the 'almost standard' servers.

Anyhoo my assertion remains undiscussed

Realistic and idealistic. They are not going to allow transfer from a low pop to a high pop. That would just defeat the purpose. Low pop to standard pop while closing off the empty servers and keeping them as backup are the idealistic and realistic views. Unless they are really going to try and make "super" servers:rolleyes:

Edited by Skidrowbro

Realistic and idealistic. They are not going to allow transfer from a low pop to a high pop. That would just defeat the purpose. Low pop to standard pop while closing off the empty servers and keeping them as backup are the idealistic and realistic views

This is a misquote on your part I assume?

I think I can address most of your concerns, but just to be clear, I don't work for BioWare and this is just speculation.

1) Fatman will not be staying on its current 3000 max server.

2) Fatman will probably be the first server moved to a super server as its the only server presently queueing.

3) Tranfers to Fatman will be available albeit it may be restricted to East Coast PvP only.

4) The technology is there to make up to a 50k pop server. If the new servers are indeed 50k, Fatman and Swiftsure may be the only 2 US PvP servers left standing.

5) And this one I will absolutely guarantee you....

They will NOT do anything to hurt or hinder the Fatman server because right now it presently holds 1/10 of the entire active US pop in SWTOR.

Just to try and get back on track here, I am not asking 'will transfers be allowed to Fatty and Tomb?'

I am saying, in the likely event that they will be designating some other servers for free transfers to bring their cap up to Fatty and Tombs levels or more, surely this will have a dramatic effect on those 2 servers from rerollers leaving.

I think I can address most of your concerns, but just to be clear, I don't work for BioWare and this is just speculation.

2) Fatman will probably be the first server moved to a super server as its the only server presently queueing.

3) Tranfers to Fatman will be available albeit it may be restricted to East Coast PvP only.

4) The technology is there to make up to a 50k pop server. If the new servers are indeed 50k, Fatman and Swiftsure may be the only 2 US PvP servers left standing.

They will NOT do anything to hurt or hinder the Fatman server because right now it presently holds 1/10 of the entire active US pop in SWTOR.

I would expect them to watch how allowing transfers to moderately populated servers effects the Fatman before they upgrade it's server size. I think alot of players may feel they have over-corrected by moving to the Fatman and the potential to consolidate all characters will drive a small reduction on the server numbers of the few most heavily populated servers.

1) ok

2) maybe

3)don't quite see this but I am EU so not my concern

4)technology may be there but they would sure have to have been breathing real hard on their version of the Hero for that to work out.

5)I dont think they would intentionally do anything to hurt any of their servers but their track record so far sure shows a lot of collateral damage from 'good' intentions

Well fatman still have very heavy-full status sometimes but tomb doesnt get heavy anymore actually the top pop server is german and the 4th/5th french , anyway if they dont allow transfers to those server they will drop population because there are alot of rerolled ppl .

I would expect them to watch how allowing transfers to moderately populated servers effects the Fatman before they upgrade it's server size. I think alot of players may feel they have over-corrected by moving to the Fatman and the potential to consolidate all characters will drive a small reduction on the server numbers of the few most heavily populated servers.

Well you seem to be working from the same basic premise as myself, I am simply not assuming that it will be a 'small reduction' but could actually be quite considerable

Well fatman still have very heavy-full status sometimes but tomb doesnt get heavy anymore actually the top pop server is german and the 4th/5th french , anyway if they dont allow transfers to those server they will drop population because there are alot of rerolled ppl .

As an Eng EU player,TOFN is the only server that I look at as our equiv of the fatman, dont think you will see that many Brits going to the french and german servers no matter how full they are;)

And yes your last sentence is just repeating my OP I am just wondering how much they will be effected?

I'd expect free transfers from lightly populated servers and highly populated ones to those with populations in the middle. Probably, down the road, paid transfers to highly populated servers will be allowed. They aren't going to support everyone going to one or a handful of servers.

I would not expect to be able to consolidate your characters on the Fatman very soon or for free.

They sure as hell better be free. I rerolled onto the fatman sever months ago. I want my legacy I had already aquired prior to transfer. Not my fault people quit the game an or ToR didnt live up to the expectations they put out ther. I dont have a thought on canceling sub but i can say if I am unable to put my toons together on Fatman that just may seal the deal for me. my 2c

No there isn't.

They sure as hell better be free. I rerolled onto the fatman sever months ago. I want my legacy I had already aquired prior to transfer. Not my fault people quit the game an or ToR didnt live up to the expectations they put out ther. I dont have a thought on canceling sub but i can say if I am unable to put my toons together on Fatman that just may seal the deal for me. my 2c

We all get that you like the Fatman but if there is another yank PVP server designated to be I dunno, Fatbird? Why would you not consolidate all your toons there? Also, if you rolled on Fatty months ago, surely that is where your main legacy is now?

Edited by Lurchy

We all get that you like the Fatman but if there is another yank PVP server designated to be I dunno, Fatbird? Why would you not consolidate all your toons there?

The Swiftsure. Very good pvp server and there is some rivalries being made in the WZ's. Some straggler trolls have made their way there but my ignore button is working like a charm ;)

We all get that you like the Fatman but if there is another yank PVP server designated to be I dunno, Fatbird? Why would you not consolidate all your toons there? Also, if you rolled on Fatty months ago, surely that is where your main legacy is now?

Why shouldn't he have the choice to put his toons where he wants them? It's not his fault that he put the time into this game and his toons only to see his server die in population.

The point is, players should have the choice to put their toons where they want them. This should have been a feature months ago. Me having to put my toons on a server I know nothing about isn't a fix, it's just another problem. A problem that I don't think I'll be willing to continue to pay $16.00+ a month for.

If I'm unable to put my toons on Fatman with my new toons, I'll simply walk away from this game forever. Why? Because I can as a consumer.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.