Un-armed legacy skills

Trews

What was the point of unlocking these skills, when most of your other abilities won't work without a weapon equipped?

It makes no sense to me that you can't use your out of combat heal without a weapon equipped?? Can't use a grenade??

Pointless whining i guess, but these abilities could've been so cool. As it stands now, there's not much point to them.

Any chance this will change in the near future? Anyone know?

For unarmed dueling I guess... before you pretty much just jumped around and used whatever abilities were usable. I've heard of some people trying out gimmick leveling builds where you go unarmed and primarily use the unarmed attacks. Scrapper is supposed to be rather decent at it.

What was the point of unlocking these skills, when most of your other abilities won't work without a weapon equipped?

It makes no sense to me that you can't use your out of combat heal without a weapon equipped?? Can't use a grenade??

Pointless whining i guess, but these abilities could've been so cool. As it stands now, there's not much point to them.

Any chance this will change in the near future? Anyone know?

It is hard to use unarmed combat in a universe where people carry blasters, lightsabers and thermite grenades !!

But yes, these were pretty much just a gimmick thing. I have dueled my friends with them though, it is kinda fun for a couple minutes

I've never seen anyone actually using these and I guess that even RPers would use they they lightsabers/blasters if they need to fight each other.

This gimmick seems to have been introduced or at least heavily supported by William Wallace, which is not surprising since he was super excited about the Sucker Punch on the smuggler videos.

• 3 months later...
I agree, got bored w/original 8 chars & was tryin out a scoundrel usin only legacy unarmed melee just for fun...was bothered to find out u need to have a blaster equipped to use recuperate and lucky shots...wth? pretty lame. FYI jedi knight does not have this problem...u can jab/punch/bash/uppercut to your hearts desire and use introspection(equivelent of snuggler recuperate) and force might( equivelent of snuggler lucky shots)...all w/o an equipped saber. so much for class consistency. havent tried any other classes out for legacy unarmed melee so dunno if they have the same issue or not. Carry on all u gut stompin skull crushers.

I agree, got bored w/original 8 chars & was tryin out a scoundrel usin only legacy unarmed melee just for fun...was bothered to find out u need to have a blaster equipped to use recuperate and lucky shots...wth? pretty lame. FYI jedi knight does not have this problem...u can jab/punch/bash/uppercut to your hearts desire and use introspection(equivelent of snuggler recuperate) and force might( equivelent of snuggler lucky shots)...all w/o an equipped saber. so much for class consistency. havent tried any other classes out for legacy unarmed melee so dunno if they have the same issue or not. Carry on all u gut stompin skull crushers.

Recuperate requires you to shoot stuff.

So you need a blaster to do it.