The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Cheaper sub?

Evironrage

For those of us that are/have unsubbing/unsubbed I have to ask: Would a 50% reduction in monthly sub costs keep you around?

For me the answer is yes. I would be willing to give SWTOR another 6months if they were willing to lower the cost drastically. Anyone else? Say $7.50 a month.

although i think swtor should made into the kotor3,

and just one time charged,

but if it only cost 100NTD with x-lfg, then it will be fine.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played Guild Wars for 5 years. That game costed me around 200 euros (3 standalones + 1 expansion). It's still superior in so many ways than SWTOR will ever be in my opninion, unless they start over from scratch which will prolly not happen. TOR is supposed to be a modern mmo and I would have no prob paying for that, but I can't justify paying monthly for this game any longer, even if it had a cheaper sub.

lol its $15 a month...if $15 a month is putting a fincial strain on your lifestyle, then you should not be playing video games anyway. Might want to go get another/new job. Just saying. I mean, I spend at least $20 at Burger King for my family every vist....so yeah, $15 is nothing.

lol its $15 a month...if $15 a month is putting a fincial strain on your lifestyle, then you should not be playing video games anyway. Might want to go get another/new job. Just saying. I mean, I spend at least $20 at Burger King for my family every vist....so yeah, $15 is nothing.

Are you forgetting that a service would only be worth X amount of money to someone. Perhaps to some people, paying $15 a month for current SWTOR is not worth it, but perhaps they do if it was $7.50 a month.

Think of it as the middle ground, you got people, like me, who thinks that this game is not worth paying a subscription for at all, and then you get people who think that this game is worth $15 a month to play, and probably have people somewhere in the middle as well.

A lot of the times, it is not about affording it, it is about what its worth.

Edited by Wolfeisberg

It's not about financial strain. It's about a paying a recurring fee for a product that isn't as good as other entries in the genre.

I find this game already nastily cheap.

I mean, $ 0,50 a day! Even if I don't play one day or another, it is just 50 cents.

C'mon, with a pack of cigarettes at 12 bucks you have $ 0,60 per cigarette. This is cheaper by the day than a single cig!

Edited by Zilrota
removed IC. Sent PM

all this proves op is that you are cheap..not that you dislike the game.. you are just cheap and dont want to spend 15 bucks a month.. which is nothing really.. in order to play a game..sure some people might say 15 dollars isnt worth it..if that is the case then 7.50 wouldnt be worth it either... no ammount of money would be..

why mask your cheapness with a thread about what would people pay.. just admit.. youd be happier if it was f2p not because the game sucks, or you hate it, but because you are cheap:P

Haha on some lvl this is oh so true, but honestly I generally have no qualms ponying up $15 a month for a game I really enjoy. There is just not much out right now that I would end up playing once my sub runs out here in ~80days. I suspect I will try the likely grindfest that is TERA and wait for GW2 to hit the shelves. I am usually leery about playing F2Ps, but I figure I will give GW a shot.

If this game had been considerably better from the get go I would stick it out, because I, like many, fell for the hype and desperately wanted to play a kick *** SW MMO. I am a patient man and can wait another 6-8yrs for the next one to hit the shelves. In the mean time I suspect WoW2 will hit the store and a wealth of other games that will keep my interest for a time. I will sprinkle in some fishing and golfing when I can to keep things fresh :rod_smile_g:

As I waited years in anticipation for this game to release. I would have paid whatever back then for this. It was also my wife's first MMO and she loved the game a ton. As I came to realize BW was way over its head. Sitting on the game for hours wanting to play and not being able to was something neither of us realized would happen. Then being told to reroll or rot on a dead server broke our will to play.

It will be free soon. They royally screwed this up. I would never pay them a $1 for this game again. They made most of us quit the game because of dead servers. Playing some wow and lineage 2 until GW2 comes out. Only if this game goes free to play would I consider coming back now. Then I would be playing a different game and wouldn't come back anyway.

So this is to you BW. Cheers and thanks for chasing everyone away from your game. Cheaper subs $5 foot longs :cool:

• 2 years later...
Lol, not only is skyrim way less bugy and more fun than this game, with the CK and mods I can play it how I want to play it. SWtor is a horrible deal at 50 cents/day when there is more replay from skyrim a single player game with no subscription.

Then go play them....believe me no one will miss you

The rating is completely unrelated to how billing is handled, it could have been an older person with no English skills playing if that matters.

I'm not complaining, I made my choice, question is if anything is done about the poor credit card handling.

Think you might look at your poor handling, letting a child play a game, then try to hold the game maker responsible for your poor choices.

For those of us that are/have unsubbing/unsubbed I have to ask: Would a 50% reduction in monthly sub costs keep you around?

For me the answer is yes. I would be willing to give SWTOR another 6months if they were willing to lower the cost drastically. Anyone else? Say $7.50 a month.

Sub Costs for MMO have been $15/mo for almost 20 years now, yet that $15/mo doesn't go nearly as far as it did 20 years ago. And as a cost for entertainment, it's a hard value to beat. What other entertainment value can you get near unlimited access to for that cost? Even at minimum wage, about 2 hours of work pays for a sub.

I'm not opposed to different pricing tiers, but the cost needs to make sense from a cost of doing business perspective, so what are you willing to give up to be between a free account and a full sub?

I remember when I cancelled Xbox live and expired my Xbox advertised half off to get me to signed back

Fun fact: I use Audible for Audio books and when I decided to cancel they offered me half off monthly fee. I can live with that. :rak_03:

Since the dollar has lots of fluctuation, i think there should be a discount for south america like there is in WOW, for example (i heard the sub there is fixed at 15 R$ or something, but that was a few years ago) while Swtor is fixed at ~13$, which is like 30 R$ atm.

If bioware managed to make it cheaper, i would probably bring many friends of mine into it, and i would also buy subscription more often, if you (administration) check my record, you will see that i have trouble keeping my sub up for more than 2 maybe 3 months.

So if swtor was dog poop, you wouldn't like to pay $15.00 for it but you would be happier if it was cheaper? Would you gobble up as much as you get get if it were free? stop being a skinflint.