gear requirments 50 infil (accuracy and crit)

Robpwnz

My 49 shadow is about to be 50 and i was wondering what I should shoot for my stats.

Should I ignore accuracy because it only effects my saber strike dmg?

How much crit should I get w/o crit buff? I've heared a bunch of different things. STACK POWER. No stack crit so you dont rely on your force potency etc. I need some experienced advice please.

I am basically treating my shadow like my concealment operative. Once I find a good place to cap my crit at i will grab all the BiS battlemaster mods and enhancements for power/crit. Then I will work on my War Hero gear.

try to have a balance with your stats. dont min/max. especially dont min everything to max power or you will end up being pretty worthless as inf spec. need to have you base critstrike rate at least 30%. how much higher you go above that is up to you, as crit does have DR. acc is needed so dont totally ignore it. base stalker WH gear is a good starting point with its default stats. you can adjust/customize stats to you liking pretty well with ear and implants. plus, those are much much cheaper to get compared to the other gear.

also, dont run PVE gear like many do. use all pvp gear and make sure you dont run a PVE build where you ignore all of the skills that make you more survivable.

For PvP as Inf, you are looking to maximise your burst potential as that is what you are strongest at doing.

So, given we have Force Potency, Adrenals and Relic, all you need to worry about is power. Stacking power to the max will make you hit like a truck and you will be able to burst people down very quickly. Whilst that leaves you less effective in protracted fights, if your burst can kill someone right at the start, you are immediately giving your side an advantage. In Novare and Alderaan, this is a winning strategy. In huttball, its all about surviving and positioning so stat weighting doesn't really factor. In voidstar, fights are more protracted but again, big burst is great.

However, if you want to be a big more of an all-rounder, then basically take crit to 25-30% unbuffed and then stack power again. Accuracy is a hard one for shadows. First, every single piece of BM stalker gear has accuracy on the enhancement. Out of every set, there is only one enhancement without either accuracy or alacrity: the BM Eliminator weapon for Troopers. So, unless you want to grind 9k comms to buy 6 weapons just for the enhancements, you're accuracy is basically gonna sort itself out.

My self-buffed stats on inf:

1506 willpower

350 power

34% crit

72% surge

My crit is too high so looking to drop that for power, but tbh working on war hero so dont really have the comms to spare.

Wrong actually power > willpower

In the vast majority of people's gearsets, that's not true. Although, power is usually second best and close behind. Then there's the folks that ditch virtually all their crit for power and end up making crit more valuable than power.

Edited by Boarg

Power/surge on the right, crit/accuracy on the left, willpower all around (when looking at your character sheet's gear).

Though personally I don't think accuracy is real important, takes too many stat points for the small advantage it gives you.

In the vast majority of people's gearsets, that's not true. Although, power is usually second best and close behind. Then there's the folks that ditch virtually all their crit for power and end up making crit more valuable than power.

Hes not talking about other classes gear hes asking about shadow , for shadow

power > willpower

thanx , please read the op,s post before contributing :p

power > willpower

Not true. I usually stack willpower before power. Stacking willpower increase your bonus dmg (albeit slightly less than power) but also increases your crit. The increased crit you get from willpower helps you stack power in other places where you have to choose between power/crit. Since the choice is always WP/Power and Power/Crit and never Crit/WP - stack WP before power. Thanx

Edited by Typeslice

power > willpower

I am talking about Shadows... I said "gearsets" because the best direction to go for any given player can differ because of the gear they already have being different from one to the next.

I've done the math, I've run the simcrafts and stuff... The small crit component plus the scaling with buffs puts Willpower ahead of Power in overall dps/point in nearly all reasonable cases.

Ok so I was looking at the gear craft. I'm in a toss up between,

30% base crit 660 power VS. 24.5% base crit and 717 power

I am some what leaning toward the 717 power only because I can see it fitting into my playstyle a little bit more. This class is much too squishy to be caught out in the open without your cooldowns. I play a hit and run playstyle choosing my fights very wisely. This means using CD's when you need them. Not killing someone for the sake of killing them but doing it for a advantage.

Examples. Voidstar planting, alderan/ coast defense and sneaking. Hutball defense and healer killing.

Am I gimping myself with the 24.5% base crit and 717 power?

no, stack on Willpower, and power, then Endurance, any anything else after that.

a good crit level is around 35

^ Has no idea what they are talking about...

Ideally these are the %ages you want;

35% (Unbuffed) Critical Chance (Contributing stats (Willpower/Critical Chance))

75% Critical Multipliyer (Contributing stat (Surge Rating))

Once those stats are achieved, you'll want to concentrate on Willpower and power/ideally together.

So Critical up to 35%> Surge up to 75% > Willpower=Power > Endurance

Remember, infiltration is damage

EDIT: On the note of accuracy, it by passes your opponent's defence chance, I have 109% Accuracy (Force) - although I don't fully understand it, I believe it means you take 9% of defence chance off your opponent.

Edited by Spiili

^ Has no idea what they are talking about...

Ideally these are the %ages you want;

35% (Unbuffed) Critical Chance (Contributing stats (Willpower/Critical Chance))

75% Critical Multipliyer (Contributing stat (Surge Rating))

Once those stats are achieved, you'll want to concentrate on Willpower and power/ideally together.

So Critical up to 35%> Surge up to 75% > Willpower=Power > Endurance

Remember, infiltration is damage

EDIT: On the note of accuracy, it by passes your opponent's defence chance, I have 109% Accuracy (Force) - although I don't fully understand it, I believe it means you take 9% of defence chance off your opponent.

If you've already achieved your crit target, power is ever so slighty better than willpower as it has a slightly higher bonus dmg multiplier.