What is the point of resolve?

thecoffeeguy

there's just too much roots.... in any other WZ wouldn't be much of a problem... in Huttball is a nightmare !

And yes, I know the official position on the matter, still I don't agree with it due to the fact that in Huttball the ability to immobilize someone regardless of the resolve system is OP. You just need to time it correctly. Yeah, I know, pass the ball, right... HOW ABOUT DON'T FULL MY RESOLVE BAR BEFORE SO YOU CAN ROOT ME STUN ME OR WHATEVER LATTER?????

Without roots and snares working to bypass resolve, a superb tanky type guarded and healed by friendlies will simply steamroll everything. Those who guard and heal the ball carrier themselves will be unstoppable as well... because in a massive team playing situation anyone can easily survive more than the 8 seconds of incapacitation caused by 2 stuns - especially when most of the enemies are targetting a single, ball carrier.

So what you have is after a brief period the ball carrier is now immune to all forms of status effects, not even slowed, and just jog across the arena for 16~20 seconds, the healers that keep the ball carrier up themselves receive full resolve along the way and remain uncatchable (since relative distance will never close up), and so there's no way to harass the healer, no way to stop the ball carrier... and goal.

Same with any other WZ. Woop-dee-to, enemy resolve is over... but wait.. a few quick stuns or KBs and then the resolve is immediately back on, and as long as there are heals nobody stops anybody... and the game's simply turned into a contest of burst damage.

If you want immobs and snares to be working through full Resolve, then Resolve itself needs an internal CD, so during X amount of seconds after the last resolve, your bar will not fill up... and trust me - anyone who hates the current resolve system, is going to hate it even more.

get use to it and play according to how it works.

because Ops burst/stun lock was perfect, right ? to you, learn to use stuns only when necessary, not when he CD is up. go take your *********** L2P lines elsewhere

Without roots and snares working to bypass resolve, a superb tanky type guarded and healed by friendlies will simply steamroll everything. Those who guard and heal the ball carrier themselves will be unstoppable as well... because in a massive team playing situation anyone can easily survive more than the 8 seconds of incapacitation caused by 2 stuns - especially when most of the enemies are targetting a single, ball carrier.

So what you have is after a brief period the ball carrier is now immune to all forms of status effects, not even slowed, and just jog across the arena for 16~20 seconds, the healers that keep the ball carrier up themselves receive full resolve along the way and remain uncatchable (since relative distance will never close up), and so there's no way to harass the healer, no way to stop the ball carrier... and goal.

Same with any other WZ. Woop-dee-to, enemy resolve is over... but wait.. a few quick stuns or KBs and then the resolve is immediately back on, and as long as there are heals nobody stops anybody... and the game's simply turned into a contest of burst damage.

If you want immobs and snares to be working through full Resolve, then Resolve itself needs an internal CD, so during X amount of seconds after the last resolve, your bar will not fill up... and trust me - anyone who hates the current resolve system, is going to hate it even more.

I don't care about slows, they still allow me to get off the fire. roots don't. In ranked play, you'll have no idiot pugs to screw with the teamplay and stun people before time. Learn how to team work and DONT FULL THE DAMM BAR ! is that so hard ?? abuse of stuns, give him GOD MODE, shame on YOU ! simple as that.

I don't care about slows, they still allow me to get off the fire. roots don't. In ranked play, you'll have no idiot pugs to screw with the teamplay and stun people before time. Learn how to team work and DONT FULL THE DAMM BAR ! is that so hard ?? abuse of stuns, give him GOD MODE, shame on YOU ! simple as that.

I could simply respond;

"MAN UP! STOP WHINING! JUST DEAL WITH HOW IT IS !"

...but I changed my mind.

Simple as that.

I could simply respond;

"MAN UP! STOP WHINING! JUST DEAL WITH HOW IT IS !"

...but I changed my mind.

Simple as that.

yeah... because everyting's perfect in wonderland... class balance is optimal... I wonder why do they even need guys to work in that department, just leave tanks with all the survivability being capable of doing good DPS, Marauders being able to win 1v2, Op healers to faceroll 1v1, being able to survive a lot 1v2... why do you need your roots so much ? man up and play without them

yeah... because everyting's perfect in wonderland... class balance is optimal... I wonder why do they even need guys to work in that department, just leave tanks with all the survivability being capable of doing good DPS, Marauders being able to win 1v2, Op healers to faceroll 1v1, being able to survive a lot 1v2... why do you need your roots so much ? man up and play without them

I'd certainly not complain about the roots if the game was made that way in the first place, since its simply a matter of admitting reality and adapting to it.

Unlike someone.

Take a hint.

(ps) Why do I need my roots. Hmmm... how about just for the reason that it amuses me to see some people just so pissed off about something so petty? ;)

I'd certainly not complain about the roots if the game was made that way in the first place, since its simply a matter of admitting reality and adapting to it.

Unlike someone.

Take a hint.

(ps) Why do I need my roots. Hmmm... how about just for the reason that it amuses me to see some people just so pissed off about something so petty? ;)

whatever..... no point arguing with perfect players

The point of resolve is to prevent character unable to act for more than 16 sec in a row.

Now let's see diminishing returns.

8 sec mezz > 4 sec mezz > 2 sec mezz = 14 sec in a row. Then add stuns on their own DR 4 sec stun > 2 sec stun > 1 sec stun = 7 sec in a row. 14 + 7 = 21 sec. And some mezzes and stuns can have their own DRs for class mechanincs balance reasons.

Questions?

Somebody got owned once too many by a slinger ;). DoT them up and break LOS with them and you'll be fine. Or man up and ask for a nerf plain and simple instead of trying to mess up a core game mechanic.

LOOOOL think snipers are my problem ?? facepalm...

LOOOOL think snipers are my problem ?? facepalm...

To be honest I'm having trouble with understanding your problem. I mean I get that roots can sometimes mess with your GT*O plan but ... should BW bend the game to fit your whims? I'd say no ;). Feel free to pursue your agenda though you should count on us to be here and try to block you :rak_03:.

For now, let's agree to disagree about how roots and resolve should interact :).

Edited by LenrocNewDawn

To be honest I'm having trouble with understanding your problem. I mean I get that roots can sometimes mess with your GT*O plan but ... should BW bend the game to fit your whims? I'd say no ;). Feel free to pursue your agenda though you should count on us to be here and try to block you :rak_03:.

For now, let's agree to disagree about how roots and resolve should interact :).

my problem is after waiting for my resolve bar to get full so I can pass the fire, some SW jumps on me, roots me and I die because I don't have any defensive CD as many other classes do. that's my problem.

Its not resolve thats the problem its the fact that every c4nt has a 4 second stun on 45 second cd so they get thrown around like confetti at a wedding.....Stuns need to be on 2 minute cds and their use needs to be strategic. If I am going to be killed because I was chain stunned for 8 seconds I want to be sure the same can't happen to my teamate right afterwards....

Its not resolve thats the problem its the fact that every c4nt has a 4 second stun on 45 second cd so they get thrown around like confetti at a wedding.....Stuns need to be on 2 minute cds and their use needs to be strategic. If I am going to be killed because I was chain stunned for 8 seconds I want to be sure the same can't happen to my teamate right afterwards....

Some classes (tracer/lighning) have offensive ranged stuns which are designed to allow that classes to have 2 safe freecasts on stunned to get procs/buffs/debuffs.

Another problem with resolve is the resolve system has been hacked and there are people out there who use these hacks all the time. I can't count the time's I've seen people ignore pull's roots, slows, stuns with 0 resolve. I'm not talking tank's (sin,jugg,pt) either. I know all 3 have skills that will protect form cc for a few sec. But when a sorc can run the ball ignore all cc and run through firetraps with no damage your looking at a hacker.

They are out there and tbh piss me of and get reported every time i see them do the impossible.

It's there to make you THINK you are in some kind of superior state, whereas in fact you are as vulnerable as normal.

Some powers completely ignore it and some powers don't affect it. If you think having a full resolve bar will make you immune to CC, think again. That's not why it's there.