Is this really necissary

Razdek

From the Planet to a space station... Load screen... From the space station to the hanger.... Load screen.... From the hanger to the ship... Cut scene and load screen.... From the ship to the hanger... Cut scene and load screen.... From the hanger to the space station... Load screen.... From the space station to the planet... Load screen

15 minutes later.. Whooo i can finally do something.... This is terrible design with far too many load screens and needs to be drastically reduced.

To start with get rid of space stations altogether. They add nothing to the game.... Instead of having individualy hangers for the ship in instanced areas make the ship doors the instanced area and the ships can just be sitting around in the spaceport so everyone can go and look at them (why so restricted?).

I dunno just poor design imo.

Edited by Razdek

This was brought up before, but the devs continue to support their design of this. The travel system is seriously flawed and needs to be revamped.

from Fleet <-> to Planet <-> to Ship

Get rid of all of the other unecessary steps.

Its called hyperbole to get the point across. My machine is fine.

So you exaggerated to create the effect of it being more inconvenient than it really is. Things like this deeply detract from the credibility of your complaint and ant sense that it has real merit. If you need to use hyperbole to exaggerate the problem, then my experience is that the problem isn't big enough for people to care when accurately stated honestly.

So you exaggerated to create the effect of it being more inconvenient than it really is. Things like this deeply detract from the credibility of your complaint and ant sense that it has real merit. If you need to use hyperbole to exaggerate the problem, then my experience is that the problem isn't big enough for people to care when accurately stated honestly.

Quite so. Hyperbole is either used humorously or to rig up a molehill until it resembles a mountain and the OP just fell right into category two.

If that's the case, then the OP has zero credibility from here on out. I will even be sure to inform others of this.

It's been brought up many times since Beta, and they have improved things a lot since Live.

Not as far as they perhaps should have though.

The whole problem stems from an artifact of their game design for story, which you rightly say is "bad" in this fashion, so it's probably not possible to change it due to the way the game is built, however they could still mitigate it a bit more with somemore travel options.

(multiple loading screens have never been immersion - I can't believe people still bring that old chestnut up :))

Edited by Goretzu

I get this fellow's story. About 2 weeks ago I upgraded from a laptop which took a MINIMUM of 2 minutes per load screen, sometimes they took up to 6 minutes to load. An older machine cannot handle to load this game at a decent rate. After upgrading to a solid state drive and Dual gtx 550's and a decent processor, the game took a maximum of 1 minute on a load screen, and most of that (actually pretty much all of it) is at 1/3 of the bar which I believe is the 'handshaking' part of the load where my comp actually has to contact the server.

So the people telling you to get a new computer may be a bit rude in saying it, but they're right, the easiest fix to the problem is to throw money at it right away.