The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Are we getting new class story?

Simzyy

Not too long ago they were still referring to 1.4 as the story patch. I don't think they ever promised Ch. 4, but whatever it is, it should be more story than another operation or flash-point.

That was pretty much my deduction too. 1.4 with Chapter 4 would be great, but I think they'll save that til 1.5 or maybe a bit later. Some new story is always a good thing where BioWare is concerned, however. :)

I could be wrong of course, but I don't see them adding chapters before the next expansion unless they raise the level cap in a patch, which is highly unlikely because that would mean they would need to add new everything. Most likely, they will add a story-heavy flashpoint(s) and operation(s) and maybe companion quests/story, since most companion stories just sort of end without any real end.

The 'restructuring' appears to have canned mostly Community reps and QA folks. From what I have gleaned in other Bioware forums [Dragon Age forums had a discussion about some of their guys moving to TOR temporarily] Bioware Austin has plenty of programmers, prior to moving some of the DA3 guys over they had a bit of a shortage given the amount of work they needed to get done to get the features they wanted into 1.3

That said, i'm sure we will get new/more class stories... but I'd expect those to come with an increased level cap.

Edited by maxetius

The 'restructuring' appears to have canned mostly Community reps and QA folks. From what I have gleaned in other Bioware forums [Dragon Age forums had a discussion about some of their guys moving to TOR temporarily] Bioware Austin has plenty of programmers, prior to moving some of the DA3 guys over they had a bit of a shortage given the amount of work they needed to get done to get the features they wanted into 1.3

That said, i'm sure we will get new/more class stories... but I'd expect those to come with an increased level cap.

This. My best guess is that we will see new companion content (YAY!!) before seeing the new class stories.

Kinda nice for me with my main as a smuggler. I want to enjoy my stuff before it is inevitably stolen again. :(

We get a little bit of new story with each content update but I would like to see more class stories too, I really like the cliff hanger at the end of Denova and the rakghoul FP arc was decent, as was the addition to the corellia planet story.

I could be wrong of course, but I don't see them adding chapters before the next expansion unless they raise the level cap in a patch, which is highly unlikely because that would mean they would need to add new everything. Most likely, they will add a story-heavy flashpoint(s) and operation(s) and maybe companion quests/story, since most companion stories just sort of end without any real end.

Exactly this. To add a new story they would need new planets/instances/operations, because the main story ends on corellia. I would love to see new chapters for my sith warrior, say something along the lines of being called upon to fulfill my duties as the ...................... that would be cool.

I would be really happy to see something more with our companions =)

Miss them when all the convos are over, so really looking forward to that.

Agree. right clicking them for a canned response just isn't cutting it. :D I do sometimes sit and wonder what will happen next with my companion storylines...but yes I wouldn't expect this to happen until they upped the level cap, so it might be a little while.

But I am not going anywhere, am very interested to see what BW come up with for future companion content.

Agree. right clicking them for a canned response just isn't cutting it. :D I do sometimes sit and wonder what will happen next with my companion storylines...but yes I wouldn't expect this to happen until they upped the level cap, so it might be a little while.

But I am not going anywhere, am very interested to see what BW come up with for future companion content.

i'm waiting to see what lokin will pull on me. its gonna be epic